Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per TMZ: Reuben Foster Cleared of Charges

OVCChairman

4 hours ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Well Zeke was suspended even after he proved that the accusing ex-girlfriend was lying about everything.  After the law enforcement seen all the evidence that she was lying, they dropped the case.  Zeke still got suspended 6 games for something he didn't do.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/19/16666714/ezekiel-elliott-nfl-suspension-cowboys-ex

NFL: Case against Elliott based on evidence, not ‘he said, she said’

"There were over 100 exhibits to the investigation," Harvey said in a conference call with media Friday. "The investigative report exceeded 160 pages. We also reviewed, each of us individually, the submissions by Mr. Elliott’s representative. We studied both; we examined very carefully the defense arguments, and we came to the conclusion – at least, I reached the conclusion individually – that Mr. Elliott engaged in physical force against Ms. Thompson, and that it caused injury.

It’s also true that the NFL had evidence the prosecutor didn’t have. How could that be? .............."

7 hours ago, Art said:

Not a shred?   Hmm.   Generally it is reported between 2 and 10 percent of reported sexual assaults are proven false.   Let us say it is just 4 percent on average.   Four of 100 said to have done it are proven to not have.   Conversely, every 230 rape reports lead to 5 total convictions.   So, what, a hair over two percent are proven true.    These are real numbers.   Are you sure not a shred of evidence exists to show false reports happen more frequently than true ones?

That 2-10% figure is specifically rape, sexual assault is more broad of a term. But your conclusion doesn't make sense. It is incredibly difficult to prove in a court of law in general, it's almost always he said she said situations, which makes it tough for even the best prosecutors to argue it wasn't just rough consensual sex beyond reasonable doubt. Prosecutors will also often decline to file charges from reports because they have limited resources and won't bother on "he said, she said". There are also massive backlogs of rape kits across the U.S. because law enforcement only has so many resources. Then there's the fact that only 35% of sexual assaults are reported to the police at all according to the Justice Bureau.

So there is really little evidence to suggest that women are going to the police en masse in hopes of putting men in jail falsely for this crime. There is evidence that it does happen in rare cases relative to the amount of substantiated claims. The FBI says only about 8% of rape claims are unfounded after investigation.

This is getting off topic though because Foster was not accused of rape so I will leave it at that.

Charges dropped. So I'm not going to even look in their direction in judging this signing.

Pro to Foster: Absolute stud on the field. Fast. Athletic. Pretty good tackler. Decent in coverage. Good football IQ. Prototypical inside backer.

Cons: Injury prone like the rest of the roster.

If he's healthy this is a great get by Allen.

If he's not it's more of the same from the front office.

But talent wise he's a definite upgrade. Our linebacker corps improves dramatically with a healthy Reuben. Another backer in the draft, if there is one worth taking, is a really good investment for this team. But I am very hesitant on him as an injury risk. Too many of those around Redskins Park and it's the FO's hill they chose to die on. Signing injury prone players costs a bit less in the end so they can rack up a ton of talent by doing that... And the Skins DO have talent. The problem becomes they're always injured and that talent doesn't matter.

Said it for years... The best ability is avail.

8 hours ago, wunderhill said:

Actually...

acquit. To acquit someone is to clear them of charges. Acquitting also has to do with how you carry or present yourself. If you're accused of a crime, then the best thing that can happen to you is being acquitted — that means you were cleared or exonerated of the charges. 

VS

If it was dismissed "WITH PREJUDICE", this means that you cannot be faced with charges based on the same incident. If it was dismissed "WITHOUT PREJUDICE", that means that the charges may be brought back up again at a later time.

j067r6jsbqgvezjcksee.jpg

READ the filing it clearly says " The States Attorneys Office informs you that the charges contained therein is/ are DISMISSED and prosecution is TERMINATED as of this date and that the defendant need NOT to appear for ANY FURTHER PROCEEDINGS IN THIS MATTER" The 2 of you can KEEP SPINNING YOU'RE OUT OF CONTROL :)  

8 hours ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Well Zeke was suspended even after he proved that the accusing ex-girlfriend was lying about everything.  After the law enforcement seen all the evidence that she was lying, they dropped the case.  Zeke still got suspended 6 games for something he didn't do.

FWIW there was a video that showed him lowering a girls top, exposing her. That may have had something to do with it...but who knows how the commissioner works

22 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

i agree, but this takes it from likely an 8 game, down to a much lower number.

Don't know that this vindicates the move either, but it now appears to soften the blow.  imho, Snyder and Allen just got really REALLY lucky, because I don't think for a second that they knew that this was going to be the outcome when we signed him.  

Ha! Don't be narrow sighted, They knew the charges were false. 

The P.I. did a great job researching her past B.S. then made the right call...

Just now, Skinarchy said:

Ha! Don't be narrow sighted, They knew the charges were false. 

The P.I. did a great job researching her past B.S. then made the right call...

Zeke was never arrested and got 6... Reuben has been arrested twice in 18 months for the same thing... 

22 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Zeke was never arrested and got 6... Reuben has been arrested twice in 18 months for the same thing... 

I agree 100%, he will get a few games off.

But.... saying the front office had no clue about the situation, then just rolled the 'dice' on a player with this  backlash....

These guys might not be the best front office in the NFL, no even close, but they are not that dumb.... they knew something the other teams missed. 

The move came out smelling like roses. 

Now fire Bruce 

Keep Head  coach, D coaches as is

Add a young OF' play caller( call him what you want ) 

Promote Doug Williams 

Draft A WR 1st round

OL 2nd

OL 3rd

Clear some cap space....

Free agent CB

Free agent WR

Go with the Mc'y  at QB next season.

Big Ben SETTLED a rape charge and people didnt talk about Pittsburgh’s decision to keep him. Many  players are pieces of garbage that got away with a litany of questionable stuff in high school and college. The system and culture has already dictated who is above the law. By the time they get to the nfl that mindset of “I can do what I want” is already firmly entrenched in them. It’s not the NFL’s job t suddenly be the ethical litmus test.

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

That 2-10% figure is specifically rape, sexual assault is more broad of a term. But your conclusion doesn't make sense. It is incredibly difficult to prove in a court of law in general, it's almost always he said she said situations, which makes it tough for even the best prosecutors to argue it wasn't just rough consensual sex beyond reasonable doubt. Prosecutors will also often decline to file charges from reports because they have limited resources and won't bother on "he said, she said". There are also massive backlogs of rape kits across the U.S. because law enforcement only has so many resources. Then there's the fact that only 35% of sexual assaults are reported to the police at all according to the Justice Bureau.

So there is really little evidence to suggest that women are going to the police en masse in hopes of putting men in jail falsely for this crime. There is evidence that it does happen in rare cases relative to the amount of substantiated claims. The FBI says only about 8% of rape claims are unfounded after investigation.

This is getting off topic though because Foster was not accused of rape so I will leave it at that.

They keep stats on sexual assault and I provided those, they do not do the same, as clearly with domestic violence, largely because domestic violence is rigged with many "mandatory arrest" statutes requiring the cops to take action but never amounting to anything as the BULK of such action turn out to be false.   As YOU point out, the FBI does say 8 percent of rape accusations are PROVEN false.   While 2 percent are PROVEN true.   But you seem to want the preponderance of our belief to be on the side that the accusation is MORE LIKELY TRUE than not because there is no evidence against, when there is.   In fact, the BULK OF ALL reported crimes lead to no action taken against the accused.   That doesn't mean each inaction is a false claim.   It means our society clearly puts the preponderance of the evidence on the accuser and we MUST believe the accused UNTIL it is proven otherwise.   You just seem to not want that.   How come?

• Jumbo locked this topic

Archived