Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per TMZ: Reuben Foster Cleared of Charges

OVCChairman

7 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

This news doesn't vindicate him one way or the other.  There is a difference between dismissed and cleared.

Tweet from TMZ says cleared...not dropped, not dismissed...cleared..meaning nothing was found..she lied..again...accept it

3 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Tweet from TMZ says cleared...not dropped, not dismissed...cleared..meaning nothing was found..she lied..again...accept it

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/03/reuben-foster-domestic-violence-charge-dropped/

"TMZ Sports has obtained a court document filed on Jan. 2 which shows the State Attorney's Office in Florida has dismissed the misdemeanor charge against Foster stemming from a Nov. 24 incident with his ex-girlfriend."

"TMZ Sports spoke with Foster's attorney Eddie Suarez who tells us he believes the case was dropped due to issues with the witness' credibility.

Suarez says he believes the fact Foster's accuser has changed her story about a previous domestic violence incident multiple times was a factor in the decision to drop the case."

So...again...this doesn't vindicate him one way or the other.

Signing Foster was a great move when we made it purely from a football perspective.

It's a young player with zero cap consequence with significant upside at a SEVERE position of need.   If the domestic violence charge had merit we lose nothing by controlling his rights through a waiver claim.   And if, as was always likely the case, the charge amounted to nothing, you have a guy who was an elite college player who has the sort of upside to get excited about at that position.   While there was a PR hit based on the woke media about daring to sign a guy with ZERO football downside, the fact is, we're a football team.   

That said, and similar to Payne, he's NOT IDEAL in a 3-4.   I think he'd be masterful as a WILL backer in a 4-3.   I think Payne and Allen would be outstanding as 4-3 tackles.   I think our personnel so well aligns with a 4-3 I am going to BEG for someone to make that happen :).   Like Payne, though, where I think Payne is not ideal as a 3-4 nose, he CAN play there and Foster CAN play inside in the 3-4.   I'm just a bit worried about continuing to have personnel that would seemingly fit perfectly a system like the 4-3 yet we continue to run a 3-4.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/03/reuben-foster-domestic-violence-charge-dropped/

"TMZ Sports has obtained a court document filed on Jan. 2 which shows the State Attorney's Office in Florida has dismissed the misdemeanor charge against Foster stemming from a Nov. 24 incident with his ex-girlfriend."

"TMZ Sports spoke with Foster's attorney Eddie Suarez who tells us he believes the case was dropped due to issues with the witness' credibility.

Suarez says he believes the fact Foster's accuser has changed her story about a previous domestic violence incident multiple times was a factor in the decision to drop the case."

So...again...this doesn't vindicate him one way or the other.

Ok...so the tweet above says..what?

Oh it says cleared. So the authors must be considering both words to be the same..

But doesnt matter...in the eyes of the law, hes not guilty...

You may not feel he's vindicated, but all.of us that told the ****ers and complainers to STFU and let it play out...we are vindicated 

14 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I'm not even sure how I feel about this. I suppose it really won't matter though. He's likely to get arrested for the same thing before the season starts. And no, I don't think he'll wise up and figure this out. Now he's even more entitled and will expect that he can get away with just about anything.

If he did it, sure.

If he didn't, and the woman is just cray, then, we've little to worry about though, right?   I mean his feeling of being entitled may stem from not having done anything with this woman admitting to making stuff up to hurt him.    Same thing happened to Elliott.   Hunt's situation is harder in that there's video, though that is less jarring than what Rice did to his woman.   At the end of the day either Foster is a guy who likes to hit on the women and that will burn him in the future OR he's not.   The fact he clearly remains in touch with the crazy woman is probably a sign he is crazy too, so that's likely a bad future sign, but, he's young and may realize there's no more money in the NFL if he doesn't keep himself on the straight and narrow.

3 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I thought there was video of the incident.

There's video of this incident.   He made more splash plays against Arizona as a rookie than we had at middle linebacker ALL year this year.   He kind of looked like Zach Brown from 2017 :).

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Read on Twitter that a witness came forward with a recording of the accuser apparently had been planning  to set foster up if he didn’t play her credit card bills. 

If this is so, it should be played large on every media outlet that played the story at all.   But, it won't be.   The media would never confirm this to be true and we'll see articles suggesting Foster did this even at his Hall of Fame induction -- assuming he's great and never gets in trouble again -- by people in the media.

Just now, justice98 said:

Short of her on secret recording confessing to making it all up, the charges being dismissed wont make people that thought he was scum of the earth feel any differently.  It'll always be some rationalization as to why he's still guilty.  

There was evidence of the Elliott accuser making it all up in texts provided to the cops/DA which is why Elliott was never charged.   The prosecution knew she was lying.   The league still suspended him CITING her story, proven as a lie, as true.   And people still think he did it because the accusation was made and the media did not present the facts of the accuser's lies as vigorously as the accusation itself.  

I won't pretend this isn't good news, but at the same time I am not doing a victory lap just yet.  I want to see Foster get this person out of his life for good regardless of whatever did or didn't take place in the past as it seems pretty clear they had a toxic relationship in one form or another.

Maybe his 'Bama boys can take him in during the offseason and mentor him, watch over him, get him excited over re-uniting.

58 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Cleared of charges, or charges dropped by the accusser?  Because there is a massive difference between the two.  So far, we dont know if A. She was paid off, B. She made it up, C. Theres some truth to it, and the NFL will still suspend him like it did with Elliot.

The biggest issue though, really, is that if anyone seriously believes this is the last trouble this guy gets into, based on this past history, I've got a globulinium mine to sell you.

Absolutely there is a massive difference. 

One being that it is impossible for an accuser to drop charges. 

44 minutes ago, Art said:

That said, and similar to Payne, he's NOT IDEAL in a 3-4.   I think he'd be masterful as a WILL backer in a 4-3.   I think Payne and Allen would be outstanding as 4-3 tackles.   I think our personnel so well aligns with a 4-3 I am going to BEG for someone to make that happen :).   Like Payne, though, where I think Payne is not ideal as a 3-4 nose, he CAN play there and Foster CAN play inside in the 3-4.   I'm just a bit worried about continuing to have personnel that would seemingly fit perfectly a system like the 4-3 yet we continue to run a 3-4.

The Mike position in the 4-3 Under run by the 49ers has pretty similiar alignments and responsibilities as the Strong ILB in the 3-4 stack 

5 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Absolutely there is a massive difference. 

One being that it is impossible for an accuser to drop charges. 

And to augment this, the accuser is disappointed the charges were dropped as she wanted to proceed with the case.

This according to the attorney for Ennis who just told that to ABC.   Point is, she wanted it to go.   The DA dismissed.   There's a reason and it's NOT that she lied in the past.   There's evidence they have which they believe would make it impossible to get a conviction.   That's the only way it drops.

2 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

The Mike position in the 4-3 Under run by the 49ers has pretty similiar alignments and responsibilities as the Strong ILB in the 3-4 stack 

Not to mention, we don't really run a 3-4.

Archived