Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

37 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

She's going to make leftism mainstream.

I am hopeful, but I doubt it. This is a right wing country going back to its foundation. Despite all the evidence that we should move left (the success of Reconstruction, the New Deal, Women's Suffrage movement, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, the GI Bill, and even the Affordable Care Act) the people have always wanted to go back (Jim Crow, Reaganism, Clinton's 3rd Way, and the Supreme Court gutting the Voting Rights Act).

If this country is going to make leftism mainstream, it will be because of her work that she is laying down but I doubt she or any of us will be alive to reap that.

Saying that, she is Policy Bae now:

• Like 6

I didn't watch either address.  Going in, Trump needed a game-changer of a performance, it sounds like he didn't even say anything new and certainly didn't change the game.  Just the same old garbage he's been spewing for years, as predicted by everyone.  He is the most predictable nutcase in history.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump's "address" was a campaign speech, given without his adoring,cheering crowds. That's why he was so flat. And the nose sniffing, he snorts something on a regular basis. 

My guess is cremated babies ripped from their mother's hands before being burned alive.

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump's "address" was a campaign speech, given without his adoring,cheering crowds. That's why he was so flat. And the nose sniffing, he snorts something on a regular basis. 

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

My guess is cremated babies ripped from their mother's hands before being burned alive.

Or Adderall.

https://youtu.be/0JqQd90_xHo?t=95

Posted as a link, arguably NSFW. 

• Like 1

This shutdown would be like Obama shutting the govt after the 2010 Tea Party midterms in a hypotetical world where the Dems didnt do Obamacare, or shutting it down to prevent Repubs from repealing parts of Obamacare....

It would be equally dumb, and I hate the Dems don't use the election as a talking point, nor the fact GOP didnt fund the wall when Trump had a favorable Congress.

• Like 2

He didn’t have enough votes when the republicans controlled congress to get his wall. He had to wait until democrats were in office to shut down the government because it is political.  Political isna pseudonym for leverage folks.

Both sides are responsible for the shut down. Dems would end it tomorrow if they thought it would help them politically. So would Republicans. 

You are mixing up “who is to blame for the shutdown” with “who is right”.  What’s with the “your type” comments? You mean women or what? Stop being offensive.

• Haha 1

So both sides told us Mexico would pay for a multi billion dollar boondoggle, and now both sides are holding a gun to our heads to pay for it.

yeah, bull****.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I just watched the Pelosi/Schumer retort.  It becomes clear to me that, while I think Pelosi and to a lesser extent Schumer are the people I want pulling the levers when it comes to legislating, setting the agenda and the real work of politics, they should create a team of 5 or 6 younger, more energetic, charismatic and photogenic, congresspeople to do the public-facing addresses.  This will also show that they are serious about transitioning power to the next generation, as demanded.

Off the top of my head it could be Ted Lieu, Tulsi Gabbard, Joe Kennedy, Conor Lamb, and Abigail Spanberger or Jennifer Wexton. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 9

There will never be a wall and nobody on the right really cares.  It is nothing more than a campaign catchphrase/boondoggle, then and now.  

A shiny distraction created by morons, for morons.  Soon the narrative will shift to the next shiny object replete with faux outrage and disingenuous fear-mongering...with ever diminishing results.

From the herd we will hear the bleating, “both sides, both sides...”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I just watched the Pelosi/Schumer retort.  It becomes clear to me that, while I think Pelosi and to a lesser extent Schumer are the people I want pulling the levers when it comes to legislating, setting the agenda and the real work of politics, they should create a team of 5 or 6 younger, more energetic, charismatic and photogenic, congresspeople to do the public-facing addresses.  This will also show that they are serious about transitioning power to the next generation, as demanded.

Off the top of my head it could be Ted Lieu, Tulsi Gabbard, Joe Kennedy, Conor Lamb, and Abigail Spanberger or Jennifer Wexton. 

Could not agree with this more. I know they are smart and experienced and understand the nuances better than anyone but do that **** behind the scenes. We need younger, diverse, and appealing fresh Dems to represent the face of the party and own moments like these. It would have been such a nice contrast going from Trump to one of the examples you mentioned

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Could not agree with this more. I know they are smart and experienced and understand the nuances better than anyone but do that **** behind the scenes. We need younger, diverse, and appealing fresh Dems to represent the face of the party and own moments like these. It would have been such a nice contrast going from Trump to one of the examples you mentioned

I think they should be grooming future leaders, but I disagree with you both on this.

They need to be the face of this until a new leader of the party emerges. The last thing you want is someone pulling a Rubio or Jindaal and being shut down before they could take flight.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

There will never be a wall and nobody on the right really cares.  It is nothing more than a campaign catchphrase/boondoggle, then and now.  

A shiny distraction created by morons, for morons.  Soon the narrative will shift to the next shiny object replete with faux outrage and disingenuous fear-mongering...with ever diminishing results.

From the herd we will hear the bleating, “both sides, both sides...”

Exactly.  ****ing TRUMP doesn't even care about the wall.  What he cares about is not looking weak.  Which is unfortunate, because after getting shellacked in the midterm, his position is pretty weak.  So he's caught and reverting to form, which is temper tantrums and stomping his feet.  

We just need to get to the next big news thing, so Trump has an excuse to relent and claim he didn't lose, he just had to move on. 

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

I think they should be grooming future leaders, but I disagree with you both on this.

They need to be the face of this until a new leader of the party emerges. The last thing you want is someone pulling a Rubio or Jindaal and being shut down before they could take flight.

What do you mean by "being shut down before they could take flight"?

• Like 1

What do you mean by "being shut down before they could take flight"?

as in making some mistake and their ascension ending.

Like Rubio grabbing that water or Jindaal talking like he had a speech impediment.

More than anything, they are experienced old heads and have been upfront about this issue. Let them lead it.

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I miss the Rubio that was willing to stand up for real immigration reform, but he took the deal with the devil to change his tune, he wasnt forces into it. He could been something like McCain, but he chose to get back in line. 

These new dems look like they have no intent on doing that, AOC is more concerned with doing the right thing then playing the part.  Love your "Policy Bae" nickname.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Like Rubio grabbing that water or Jindaal talking like he had a speech impediment.

Of the people I listed, only Kennedy is what I would consider a rising star.  They don't need to be protected from potential gaffes and, if anything, putting them on the same level as the sitting President is only going to help them.  Especially contrasting with the current sitting President. 

And, news flash, Bobby Jindaal didn't see his turn end because of how he talks.  I'll let you figure out what I mean by that.  :)

More than anything, they are experienced old heads and have been upfront about this issue. Let them lead it.

Did you watch them last night?  They should lead it when the cameras are off, but they should let someone else talk to the people about it.  They are not good on camera and they do not contrast enough with President Old-and-Cranky. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Of the people I listed, only Kennedy is what I would consider a rising star.  They don't need to be protected from potential gaffes and, if anything, putting them on the same level as the sitting President is only going to help them.  Especially contrasting with the current sitting President. 

And, news flash, Bobby Jindaal didn't see his turn end because of how he talks.  I'll let you figure out what I mean by that.  :)

And if they make a gaffe, that is what our media would be talking about today. Nothing else.

My suggestion with Piyush Jindaal was that he wasn’t ready.

Chuck and Nancy own this issue, let them speak on it. 

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

And if they make a gaffe, that is what our media would be talking about today. Nothing else.

My suggestion with Piyush Jindaal was that he wasn’t ready.

Chuck and Nancy own this issue, let them speak on it. 

1.  Sometimes you just have to trust people not to **** it up. 

2.  It's not like Schumer and Pelosi are gaffe-proof either. 

3.  At least someone else has the chance to be really good. 

4.  Joe Kennedy has already done it.  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/30/us/joseph-kennedy-democratic-response.html

5.  No matter what, the media would be talking about TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He didn’t have enough votes when the republicans controlled congress to get his wall. He had to wait until democrats were in office to shut down the government because it is political.

He didn't.  He shut it down weeks before the Dems took majority control of one house of congress.  (And then immediately tried to blame it on the people who were in the minority of both houses.)  

42 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Both sides are responsible for the shut down.

Keep trying to tell yourself that.  

42 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Dems would end it tomorrow if they thought it would help them politically.

The Dem house already voted to end the shutdown.  Skippy the Turtle announced before they even passed it that he wouldn't even allow the Senate to vote on the bills, because he doesn't have Donald Trump's permission to vote on it.  

The Dems would love to end the shutdown.  They just aren't willing to end it by giving in to the demands that Fox News made.  

25 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Admiring the theme in this thread that young people might make gaffes, so therefore the Dem Party needs to turn to Joe Biden as their figurehead.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2