Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

17 minutes ago, Hersh said:

This should be grounds for invoking the 25th amendment. It would be hilarious as a piece from the onion but  wow, he is a giant ****ing idiot. He’s dumb as rocks when it comes to everything policy related.

Look at the blonde lady, second from the left. Her facial expression says it all.

...and by "says it all" I mean, "This stupid ass motherfu....."

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Luckily for me, I’m not a government employee...

... but my business does rely HEAVILY on government employee’s ability to spend their own money.

Still though, it’s the principal.

I'm government contractor, a lot of my co-workers are scared right now. I was in dangerous spot as subcontractor, company said they would pick me up anyway instead of getting cold feet and not giving me offer letter, as i was supposed to come on officially end of this month. 

I can only speak for myself, but **** is gonna get real for a lot of people if SNAP stops, because a lot of people will say they cant feed their kids with principle.  I'm already planning what bills I'm not gonna pay and make calls as I don't know when this will end or my contract company can place me elsewhere if it comes to that.

This is recipe for triggering a recession, and our leaders can't even agree on what color the sky is, let alone if we get to point of needing something like TARP.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

They can't.  They just won a +40 wave election specifically to oppose this bull****.  If they cave, then why should anyone vote for them in 663 days (and 9 hours)?

But wouldn’t it be ever so poetically Democrat to eventually cave because the people of this country are hurting.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

But wouldn’t it be ever so poetically Democrat to eventually cave because the people of this country are hurting.

This is precisely the fear.  But I will say, Dems won't cave for bleeding heart purposes, they'll cave if polling starts hurting them.

Once independents start flipping, the potential to cave will become very real.

The media has a terrible tendency to equate the 2 sides despite them not being equal.

For example, did you know that at a previous meeting, when Dems asked for line item costs and plan specifics, the WH had to scramble because they didn't exist.  They wanted 5.7B for some amorphous promise to build a wall, as if that isn't ripe for a ton of corruption.

How much of the public knows Trump has no actual plan for how to build the wall aside from asking for money.  20%?  30%?

What % knows that the Dem House plan is the same on that passed the Senate unanimously before Trump started this crazy wall crap?  30%?

Until the media stops failing to show and repeat these kinds of pertinent details, odds are, minimally invested watchers will get swept up by the propaganda of Trump, and lead to potential shifts in public opinion towards ridiculous things like the wall, which could lead to caving from Dems.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Until the media stops failing to show and repeat these kinds of pertinent details, odds are, minimally invested watchers will get swept up by the propaganda of Trump, and lead to potential shifts in public opinion towards ridiculous things like the wall, which could lead to caving from Dems.

the media won't.

Seriously, they have no one on these panels who are experts on immigration.

"James Bond's characterization of the meeting as 'he tried to kill me with lasers' is an inaccurate description of the meeting between him and Goldfinger.  Mr. Bond didn't even mention the five minute monologue about his plan that Mr. Goldfinger made before he tried to kill Mr. Bond with lasers.  This is irresponsible rhetoric from Mr. Bond."

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m sorry.  I was just goofing with ya.

It's okay, I know, I kid needed a minute because i got that message from them not even two hours ago as well. I have family members at home right now, too, so this directly effects me in multiple levels.

Being in DC area, this is going to taking a different type of toll because of how dependent the area is on federal government. DC government even needs the feds, they are going nuts about statehood as we speak over this. It's the feds that helped insulate the area from full onslaught of 08 recession, playing with fire here.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

How strong to you think Trump's geography is?

Hey now, he's the best at angles.  His great uncle thrice removed was a math teacher one summer in '58, and said he was great at math of all kinds.  Algebra, Calculus, Addition, he knows them all better than anyone.