Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

9 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I read the deal as reported as $1.3B for wall/barrier/peach funding and $1.7B for DHS.... total of $3B.

As one who is on the side of “of course walls work”, if that is the case trump should sign it. He got more that half of what he wanted after the dems said no money.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

As one who is on the side of “of course walls work”, if that is the case trump should sign it. He got more that half of what he wanted after the dems said no money.

Uh, 1.3 is not "more than half" of 5.6. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

3 billion is. Didn’t he say he wanted 5.6? If you get 1.7 of wall funding from DHS and 1.3 from the deal, that’s 3 billion, no?

is the 1.7 just for tech?

Trump's fantasy that he can just move money around willy-nilly is just that, a fantasy.

Money goes where it's appropriated to go.  The DHS money is not appropriated for the wall, it can't go there.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

1. I guess this is more than 'not one penny" so oh well for me. I guess we'll pay for his bull**** after all. 

It seems to be specific to bollard fencing, which they have already made a bunch of over the years.  So it's not for a wall per se, but it's for new bollard fencing, so it's kinda in between I think.

But it's neither a concrete wall nor steel slats so Trump is still losing.

34 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He's a coward.  Do the emergency order thing, Cheeto.  If border security was really a dire threat; then you would be declaring emergency now.

If it was really an emergency, he couldn't wait months for Congress to act in the first place.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

It seems to be specific to bollard fencing, which they have already made a bunch of over the years.  So it's not for a wall per se, but it's for new bollard fencing, so it's kinda in between I think.

But it's neither a concrete wall nor steel slats so Trump is still losing.

you must have caught my post in those 2 minutes before i decided to hold the thought.

~Bang

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Trump suggests he can round up 23 billing for the wall without Congress appropriating it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1095469449052868610

Add: Maybe I am misreading this, can't seem to find numbers for "border security".

It's no wonder they don't bother with daily press briefings anymore (or even weekly, for that matter). At this point his lies are going in such an absurd direction that there's no point in even trying to pretend like anything that comes out of his **** cannon is even on the same plane of existence as the truth. Just isn't worth the time anymore and they know his followers will gobble up anything he says to them, no matter how hilariously false. He could tell them he's just commissioned a moon base that's being built as we speak and they'd start wearing Make the Moon Great Again hats the next day.

All,

Here are my sources and links. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/429717-whats-in-the-tentative-deal-to-avert-shutdown

The deal includes $1.375 billion to build 55 miles of barriers along the border in the Rio Grande Valley.

1.9 percent pay increase for federal workers.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/12/politics/border-security-deal-details/index.html

There's a $1.7 billion increase in overall spending for the Department of Homeland Security, primarily for technology, ports of entry security, customs officers and humanitarian aid.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Them waiving it pisses me off bad.  How are people supposed to have time to read it much research possible effects and consider each part before voting on it?  Or allowing their constituants to read it and make their feelings known?

I guess we have to pass it to know whats in it?

**** like this is why I dont trust any of them. I mean maybe the excuse can be made that they are doing this to get past the President. But then **** 

9 hours ago, Skintime said:

Trumpkins think it is...

To be fair to @CousinsCowgirl84I don't think she's what I'd consider a "Trumpkin". She's voiced a decent amount of criticism towards him. I think in this case she just made an incorrect assumption about the allocation of funds and when given more info she realized that and thanked the person who provided it.

We all know a true Trumpkin would NEVER do that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Them waiving it pisses me off bad.  How are people supposed to have time to read it much research possible effects and consider each part before voting on it?  Or allowing their constituants to read it and make their feelings known?

I guess we have to pass it to know whats in it?

Well the next government shutdown starts in two days, so maybe waiving the three day waiting period makes some sense.  

• Thanks 1