Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Having Fun with Our Misery: Most Redskins way for season to play out?

NoCalMike

Considering how many times we say and repeat "How Redskins of them" during so many things that happen over the course of the season.  Let's come up with some "Redskins ways" the season will end....

I will predict, Josh Johnson heroically leads the team to back-to-back wins, restoring hope that some Week 17 magic is developing, only to face a Carson Wentz-less Eagles team at home to close the season with the Playoffs on the line (As Bears are determined to beat the Vikes with a possible stealing of the #2 seed on the line) and the Eagles do what the Giants did a couple seasons ago, and go out there with seemingly no reason to play, yet dominate the 'Skins in an embarrassing loss. Again. 

They’re just going to get destroyed every week and then something stupid off the field will happen after 

There were rumors that DJ knocked Josh Norman out last year during practice. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is another fight between defenders but it’ll get caught on tape. 

As as far as on the field, they are literally too injured to even field an NFL offense. They are not winning again. 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Allen and Payne are caught texting each other how much they hate the skins as the jags have their best offensive day of the year with Cody Kessler at the helm. Jay Gruden quits at halftime of the titans game and Dan Snyder coaches the second half

Then in the second half, Tress Way completly whiff on a punt that hits Dan Snyder in the head that knock him out.

Dan Snyder enter the concussion protocol and makes history as the first owner being IR'ed ever. 

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

A young stud player or two are lost for the 2019 season due to injury in this meaningless period through to the end of the season. 

We're still mathematically alive man... meaningless??

Everyone around here gets sick from eating crow while watching the Skins make it to the playoffs 

Panic sign an aging mediocre and expensive qb in week 17 so he can lead us into the playoffs - because anything can happen in the playoffs! Right?

where we win the wildcard game and then get annihalated in the divisional game, it saves Gruden and co and we put ourselves into a mediocre draft spot.

And the fail continues into 2019

How Redskins is that eh?

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

This thread is not fun. Just saying

Funner than watching them play

I actually think winning the next two to have a shot at the playoffs in week 17 would be incredible, more than “so Redskins”.  If they somehow figure out a way to win 2 more games and be alive in week 17, that’s a feat.

This season has a much more 2013 feel to it where I expect the misery to consist of embarrassing losses and more drama out of the locker room through the end of the season.  What would be “so Redskins” is to lose out and make Manusky and Injuries  the scapegoat at the end of the season, and bring everyone else back for one more year of “but the injuries tho” in 2019. 

This game coming up has one of the weirdest vibes for me.

A.  They win and Josh Johnson plays well you might have these thoughts:

They can coast through the off season without being stressed about drafting a QB and wait for 2020 on that front

The season all of a sudden looks intriguing again.

But beat guys keep saying Dan is looking for any excuse to keep Bruce and crew as opposed to get rid of them so it might help secure a lot of jobs.

B.  They lose and I'll have these thoughts:

6-10 -- because if they lose to Jax, I think they are losing out. Draft pick likely in the 8-12 range.

Qb drafted in 2019.

Change coming.

It would be very Redskins though to split the difference -- go 1-2 or 2-1, fall short of the playoffs but show enough for Dan to explain why he is keeping the band together.  And the draft pick ends up mid teens and out of the range of the better QBs so Dan trades up and gives up the farm to do it or takes the left overs at that position 

Most Redskins thing ever?

The players realize they are playing for their jobs, and actually try these next few weeks.  They win a game or 2, but end up not making the playoffs because of how other teams end the season.  They act like it was out of their control.

Josh Johnson plays just well enough to earn himself the starting job next season, the Front office thinks they got lucky, act like it was good scouting, and foolishly neglect to do anything else to address the position.  He then turns back into a pumpkin by week 2. 

In the offseason, the front office foolishly overspends on offensive free agents.  It ensures that we tread water with another 6 win season rather than bottoming out and earning a high draft pick to use at QB in the 2020 draft.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Then why click on the thread? One could tell from the title that it would be people making jokes about the team. You don’t HAVE to be participating in this thread 😂

Don't tell me how to live my life.lol. again man I was jus messing around..I understood.what I was.in for when I clicked on the thread

A few ideas: 

Josh Johnson plays well in 3 high-scoring losses and Snyder goes all-in with a contract extension (3 years/$84M fully guaranteed)

Nine additional players get some sort of infection in their legs

Despite the first 2 losses, we are a half-game out of the final wild card spot heading into week 17 but lose at home in front of 18,000 Eagles fans

The most Redskins way for it to play out is to have every team in front of us in the wild card lose....and it not matter because we get curb stomped 35-3 by the Jags. Then still alive next week, all the glimmer of hope and still alive talk resume and the same thing happens. 

The infighting continues, Bruce and Jay both stay, nothing changes ever and I am dead inside.

Redskins Football.

Redskins run the table, including a win the last game of the regular season when they beat the Eagles 74-3.  Dan T. immediately dies of a heart attack.  He is buried on Super Bowl Sunday wearing the Redskins beanie he won for correctly predicting the score from that week's Redskins prediction thread.   

Dan T.'s friends and family lament that he wasn't around to watch the Redskins beat the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl, a game during which Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid have a huge sideline argument. In a fit of pique at being shown up by the young QB on national television, Reid later trades Mahomes to the Redskins for Colt McCoy, Mason Foster, HaHa Clinton-Dix, a 4th round draft pick.

17 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Redskins run the table, including a win the last game of the regular season when they beat the Eagles 74-3.  Dan T. immediately dies of a heart attack.  He is buried on Super Bowl Sunday wearing the Redskins beanie he won for correctly predicting the score from that week's Redskins prediction thread.   

Dan T.'s friends and family lament that he wasn't around to watch the Redskins beat the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl, a game during which Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid have a huge sideline argument. In a fit of pique at being shown up by the young QB on national television, Reid later trades Mahomes to the Redskins for Colt McCoy, Mason Foster, HaHa Clinton-Dix, a 4th round draft pick.

This is my favorite one. 

Archived