Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Actual Status

Atlantaskinsfan18

OBVIOUSLY the most important thing here is that Alex is ok and you never, regardless of your opinion as a player, want to hear about someone going through something like this... this is bad and I hope they get this thing figured out.

Edit:  Removed because it's kind of insensitive at this point... I'll pose the question later. 

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

December 6, 2018

STATEMENT BY WASHINGTON REDSKINS:

"On behalf of Alex Smith, we appreciate all of the concerns and prayers over the injury he incurred on November 18th against the Houston Texans. Although this is a serious injury, Alex and his family remain strong. We would ask that everyone please honor the Smith family's request for privacy at this time."

Call it a hunch, but I feel like coaches are forced to jump through hoops to rationalize why a backup QB brought in, is a better fit than QB X who didn't get a tryout.  They don't have to tell us squat. We like him! 

That all said, Josh has a lot of experience in many systems and keeps the Tampa connection live and well.

4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I'm not sure what to make of that statement they just released.  Maybe it is just standard procedure but for some reason it just makes me uneasy.

I'd venture to guess that's a way to put the flag up to the beat reporters, national reporters, and other people out there that may have direct access to Alex (cell phone number) and they don't want him to get flooded with people looking to make contact or get statements....

7 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I'd venture to guess that's a way to put the flag up to the beat reporters, national reporters, and other people out there that may have direct access to Alex (cell phone number) and they don't want him to get flooded with people looking to make contact or get statements....

It's easy for me to get updates on Alex here where I live..I just ask his family..I'll have to do some searching

16 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I'm not sure what to make of that statement they just released.  Maybe it is just standard procedure but for some reason it just makes me uneasy.

They're nicely telling everyone to back off, for now, I'm guessing the beat guys are drilling them for info.

17 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I agree.  Are people stalking him or his family or something?

I hope Alex gets back.  Class dude, good teammate.  

11 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Don’t be surprised if this gets real ugly, with some kind of contract dispute that Bruce handles horribly as usual.

I think a contract dispute is an absolute given here. No chance we pony up without a fight, rightly or wrongly.

9 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

*Tin foil hat* what if its Bruce that's leaking this? I wouldn't put it past him. He's a snake

You mean like he did during the long, painful departure of Scot McCloughan? 

This is totally not out of the realm of possibility.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Craig Hoffman was on Grant and Danny talking about the Redskins having an insurance policy that actually recoups cap space in the event Alex can no longer play football.

He didn't go into much detail or have any specifics

I heard that too, I wonder what the extent of it... 

Alex Smith's health being the priority, but I do wonder. 

Archived