Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Actual Status

Atlantaskinsfan18

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh he's a lot better now, but October was a very rough month for me and my family. Got so bad with all the fluid and tubes and and stuff in and draining out of him (in huge amounts) that he looked like a breathing dead person. Scared the hell out of me.

I don't know the particulars of what Smith is going through, but I hope he'll be alright.

I fully understand as I went through Staph with Pez.  I was giving him IV antibiotics 3 times a day for 2 months.  Scared the crap out of me 

7 minutes ago, Huly said:

I fully understand as I went through Staph with Pez.  I was giving him IV antibiotics 3 times a day for 2 months.  Scared the crap out of me 

Sorry to hear that, hope he's doing better these days. Yeah, when he was finally well enough to go home, my dad was given piccline insertion, and I too had to administer his antibiotics 3 times a day. 

But the worst is behind us, thankfully. Hopefully Smith can recover as well

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sorry to hear that, hope he's doing better these days. Yeah, when he was finally well enough to go home, my dad was given piccline insertion, and I too had to administer his antibiotics 3 times a day. 

But the worst is behind us, thankfully. Hopefully Smith can recover as well

That's what Chris had too! They told me every way I could kill him with that stupid line.  It was so scary! 

According to the post, the team will not receive any salary cap relief if Smith can’t play. Fully guaranteed and counts fully against the cap no matter what. That won’t stop Bruce from trying to get out of it in a way that further embarrasses the skins, of course. 

11 minutes ago, Hooper said:

According to the post, the team will not receive any salary cap relief if Smith can’t play. Fully guaranteed and counts fully against the cap no matter what. That won’t stop Bruce from trying to get out of it in a way that further embarrasses the skins, of course. 

Because I am terrible at this stuff, I can’t post the tweet, but I saw a tweet by @SalaryCap101 that the Redskins have a 12M insurance policy against Alex’s signing bonus that can be used as a cap credit against any dead money. 

2 things I'm curious to know about the medical subject, from anyone with relevant medical knowledge ;

How common is it, to have AS's reaction to the surgery, that he had ?

Second, and more importantly, for that percentage of people who have had both the type of surgery he had, as well as the type of reaction/infection he had - what percentage of those people historically have made a full recovery.

I know they've asked for privacy for AS, but I think this is honoring that, since it's about medical stats, and not directly about AS himself.

First I hope Alex recovers fully and lives a healthy happy life.  That by far is the most important thing.

Now the NFL to me is totally screwed up.  The owners need to put a clause in the next bargaining agreement where the guaranteed money is not part of the CAP.  The player should get all the money but the team should not be penalized for something that can happen in this sport to anyone.  It diminishes the sport and competition.  At the very least they should have a fixed deduction a team can take, say maximum hit on CAP 25 million over 5 years. 

7 hours ago, Huly said:

That's what Chris had too! They told me every way I could kill him with that stupid line.  It was so scary! 

Yeah, I would get so worried at times that I had dreams that he turned the wrong way and yanked it out,  that after doing the saline flush/heparin drip, he'd seize up, or that his protective cap would come off the line, exposing him to the surface/open air (it did come off a couple times while he slept, but not for long and having experience in crime scene cleanup, I disinfected the Hell out of his house, so we were good there in hindsight).

But I don't think I've ever paid attention to anyone in my life the way I paid attention to the home health doc who showed us how to do everything with the line/injections. Put a ton of physical and mental stress on me (I'm actually recovering from a nasty cold, probably from getting just 2-3 hours of sleep some nights), feeding him, preparing his meals, taking him to all his appts, then going to work, splitting time between his house and mine, but it was worth it to keep my pops alive and kicking for a considerable while longer.

8 hours ago, Huly said:

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, I would get so worried at times that I had dreams that he turned the wrong way and yanked it out,  that after doing the saline flush/heparin drip, he'd seize up, or that his protective cap would come off the line, exposing him to the surface/open air (it did come off a couple times while he slept

I had one myself for an extended period due to an infection.  Imagine how it felt to have it....  every time i lifted my arm above my shoulder i could feel it pull in my armpit.  When you hook up the saline drip that was in the fridge my arm all the way to my heart would get cold.  The constant fear of thinking air was going to get into the system and kill me... lol i feel yalls pain.

The junks were just talking about Alex's situation with Craig Hoffman, based on the conversation I just heard they seem to know more but can't say anything, at least it sure came off that way.  There was one point where Lurch made a prediction and EB told him not to say anything.

If anyone else heard it let me know if you picked up the same vibe.

Hoffman did mention there is an insurance policy but he didn't know all the details.

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The junks were just talking about Alex's situation with Craig Hoffman, based on the conversation I just heard they seem to know more but can't say anything, at least it sure came off that way.  There was one point where Lurch made a prediction and EB told him not to say anything.

Hoffman did mention there is an insurance policy but he didn't know all the details.

I heard the exact same thing.  EB was very anxious for a split second as it appeared he thought Lurch was going to say something he shouldn't.   Then Lurch went on to predict that Alex is going to announce his retirement in the spring.  There is something going on out there that the masses are being kept in the dark about.  It has to be serious if this hush is being cast across ALL media as well.  Most people in the media would betray their mother if it meant they could get credit for breaking a story so if this net is being cast that large, it's not likely good.  

11 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I heard it the same, and to add to that, Lurch’s prediction was that Alex would announce his retirement in the spring.  EB then said it was an “informed” opinion.  Guys are a little loose with the lips today as it’s their “drinking” show.

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I heard it the same, and to add to that, Lurch’s prediction was that Alex would announce his retirement in the spring.  EB then said it was an “informed” opinion.  Guys are a little loose with the lips today as it’s their “drinking” show.

I can't get 106.7 in my car (and the Radio.com app sucks) so I never really listen to this show, but what is the drinking thing?  And was his prediction just him winging it or was there some other context to the discussion?

9 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I can't get 106.7 in my car (and the Radio.com app sucks) so I never really listen to this show, but what is the drinking thing?  And was his prediction just him winging it or was there some other context to the discussion?

They do a show every year before the holidays where all the guys get drunk during the show.

The context was really that these guys know something that they can’t spill to the public.  

7 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Every year they have 1 show around this time of year where they drink the entire show.  It turns into basically what you'd hear if you were sitting at a bar listening to 4 friends sitting around a table for a few hours.  Trash talking, goofy bits, different guests.  

The context is they brought Craig Hoffman on and were talking to him about the Redskins in general... that of course got them to asking if they had any more details about Alex and if he had more info.  After Hoffman said that he knew there was an insurance policy in place and that he didn't have that much information about the details because when he asked about it a few weeks ago (right after the initial injury) that the Redskins were very (I can't remember the exact word he used) passive about giving details because they didn't feel it was a realistic option, as they obviously thought Alex was going to recover and be fine.  That's when Lurch said "I want to say something" and EB got anxious saying "dont say anyhing, dont say anything."  Lurch then said "it's a prediction" and predicted Alex would retire in the spring and EB said "It's an informed prediction."  I'm going by memory so that's the jist of how it went down but might not be EXACTLY the terminology.  

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They do a show every year before the holidays where all the guys get drunk during the show.

The context was really that these guys know something that they can’t spill to the public.  

If this is true and that he is going to retire, Snyder needs to hire Raven Symone to do an exclusive Redskins.com online show titled "That's So Redskins".

Image result for that's so raven intro gif

8 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

If this is true and that he is going to retire, Snyder needs to hire Raven Symone to do an exclusive Redskins.com online show titled "That's So Redskins".

Image result for that's so raven intro gif

If this was the same ol' Redskins, he's going to stay on until April 1st and get his fully guaranteed salary for 2020.  Then retire. 

4 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

First I hope Alex recovers fully and lives a healthy happy life.  That by far is the most important thing.

Now the NFL to me is totally screwed up.  The owners need to put a clause in the next bargaining agreement where the guaranteed money is not part of the CAP.  The player should get all the money but the team should not be penalized for something that can happen in this sport to anyone.  It diminishes the sport and competition.  At the very least they should have a fixed deduction a team can take, say maximum hit on CAP 25 million over 5 years. 

I'd like to see it as the cap hit is waived for career ending injury or retirement.  But keep it if a team gives a bunch of guaranteed money to someone who end up being a bust.  

4 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

I agree completely.  I got to thinking about it this morning and posed the question a little bit ago.  If Alex retires prior to the 5th day of the league year, does that remove the guaranteed contract for 2020 as he's technically no longer on the roster?  If that's the case, why wouldn't he just wait until that gets activated, THEN retire.  It also could open the door for some seriously gross conversations where people may be pushing him to make that decisions PRIOR to that date, presumably before he's even ready to make that big of a decision?  Is he going to be vilified by this fan base if he gives it a serious shot at coming back, but at some point after the draft his body wont let him, therefore he retires and still gets that money?  This place is going to get turned up side down if it comes out that this is a possibility and Smith doesn't do it "out of the goodness of his heart."

I'm not saying he SHOULD feel pressured to retire prior to that date, I think he needs to do what's best for him and his family.  If he wants to give it a serious shot to return, he's earned the right to give that a chance.   

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, I would get so worried at times that I had dreams that he turned the wrong way and yanked it out,  that after doing the saline flush/heparin drip, he'd seize up, or that his protective cap would come off the line, exposing him to the surface/open air (it did come off a couple times while he slept, but not for long and having experience in crime scene cleanup, I disinfected the Hell out of his house, so we were good there in hindsight).

But I don't think I've ever paid attention to anyone in my life the way I paid attention to the home health doc who showed us how to do everything with the line/injections. Put a ton of physical and mental stress on me (I'm actually recovering from a nasty cold, probably from getting just 2-3 hours of sleep some nights), feeding him, preparing his meals, taking him to all his appts, then going to work, splitting time between his house and mine, but it was worth it to keep my pops alive and kicking for a considerable while longer.

I totally get it! We were the exact same! Pez was still on crutches and your not suppose to put pressure on a PICC but we had no choice so I would run to the grocery store leave the front door unlocked in case I need to call 911 and he was bleeding out.  I didn't sleep either.  

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

I heard the exact same thing.  EB was very anxious for a split second as it appeared he thought Lurch was going to say something he shouldn't.   Then Lurch went on to predict that Alex is going to announce his retirement in the spring.  There is something going on out there that the masses are being kept in the dark about.  It has to be serious if this hush is being cast across ALL media as well.  Most people in the media would betray their mother if it meant they could get credit for breaking a story so if this net is being cast that large, it's not likely good.  

Dammit (for him... I don't care Bout what it means for us)

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The biggest issue we have now besides still trying to get back 100% is the staph Pez had has a 50/50 chance of returning at anytime.  Then we go to round 4 of surgery (remove hardware since bone is healed) and start over.  

Archived