Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Actual Status

Atlantaskinsfan18

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

As much as I'm heartened to see Alex Smith recover from that gruesome injury, I think he would have to be off his rocker to contemplate playing in the NFL again. Compound fractures may heal, but I doubt they are ever as strong as before the injury occurred. He would have to be thinking about that every time he dropped back to pass, and can you imagine what would happen if he was in another pileup and got his leg twisted?

With the way science is, it may be stronger.  Titanium plates and whatnot in there. I'm not particularly worried about the structural integrity of the leg if he were to play.  If they clear him, he's good to go.  If it cant hold up to playing football, he wont get cleared. 

I just think coming back from this injury is like coming back from any serious injury.  Like Willis Mcgahee coming back after his knee got exploded.  Ed McCaffrey had a compound leg fracture and almost went for 1000 yards the following season.  EJ Henderson broke his femur and came back to play the following season. 

There have been some heinous injuries that you would think should be career enders but werent. Maybe this is a career ender, maybe not, we'll see.

On 11/27/2018 at 7:45 AM, Atlantaskinsfan18 said:

I read on facebook where a guy (non football player) suffered the same injury and didn't even RUN for two years. 

An average guy isn't going to have the resources Alex Smith has..

I mean I don't see anything good coming out of him returning to us. You gotta deal with Haskins, you gotta deal with the fact Smith is older. Idk hit me up in 5 years..

57 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

An average guy isn't going to have the resources Alex Smith has..

I mean I don't see anything good coming out of him returning to us. You gotta deal with Haskins, you gotta deal with the fact Smith is older. Idk hit me up in 5 years..

I had the same injury as TO when he went to the superbowl with the eagles, only mine happened months before him and he had a hyperbaric chamber and I was still on the couch and couldn't walk.

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I had the same injury as TO when he went to the superbowl with the eagles, only mine happened months before him and he had a hyperbaric chamber and I was still on the couch and couldn't walk.

Yes your only difference was the chamber. Not the elite physical shape and training. 😂.

Alex has to make an effort to rehab to return in order to continue to collect his check. However, if I’m not mistaken his contract is guaranteed for injury 1 year longer than it’s guaranteed for skill. Meaning he can get cut if he passes a physical and be out a year of top salary. He most seriously love playing.

Hello! (Herm Edwards).

The guy is lucky to still have a leg.

Seriously, He had multiple surgeries. There were infections on top of it that required additional measures. At one point during the news coverage, as Smith went in for an additional  surgery, some people, perhaps carelessly, intimated at amputation if the infections couldn't get under control. I can't be misremembering that. 

Compound fracture where certainly there is some discrepancy in length between the two legs now, some imbalance. Which in turn will affect all of the joints along the way from the ankle, to the knee, to the hip and then the lower back. Smith is lucky to have a leg, first of all, and lucky to still be able to walk.

There is no chance in hell he ever plays another down of football, anywhere. IMO. 

Anything to the contrary is another weak psyop floater from the washington football team.  

1 hour ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Hello! (Herm Edwards).

The guy is lucky to still have a leg.

Seriously, He had multiple surgeries. There were infections on top of it that required additional measures. At one point during the news coverage, as Smith went in for an additional  surgery, some people, perhaps carelessly, intimated at amputation if the infections couldn't get under control. I can't be misremembering that. 

Compound fracture where certainly there is some discrepancy in length between the two legs now, some imbalance. Which in turn will affect all of the joints along the way from the ankle, to the knee, to the hip and then the lower back. Smith is lucky to have a leg, first of all, and lucky to still be able to walk.

There is no chance in hell he ever plays another down of football, anywhere. IMO. 

Anything to the contrary is another weak psyop floater from the washington football team.  

Yep, and with all the money he has made he'd be beyond foolish to try and play football again. If Dan were smart he'd fire Bruce and name Alex Smith the GM with what he's paying him. He could not do any worse than Bruce and would likely be better. 

The ideal situation next year would be a healthy Alex, a newly hired head coach by the name of Eric Beinemy and a new GM that’s worked closely with Belichick. Allow Haskins to gain his final three years of college ball backing up Alex and learning a more potent offensive style than this basic predictable crap.

10 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

The ideal situation next year would be a healthy Alex, a newly hired head coach by the name of Eric Beinemy and a new GM that’s worked closely with Belichick. Allow Haskins to gain his final three years of college ball backing up Alex and learning a more potent offensive style than this basic predictable crap.

Huh? How is this ideal? You want a fresh and innovative coach to come in and coach a 36 year old super conservative QB while our young 1st round guy sits on the bench for 2 more years? Alex Smith and "potent offensive system" didn't go together even before he had a gruesome injury to his leg. I can't imagine how tentative he'll be if he tries to actually play again. Smith is done in the NFL IMO. If Haskins turns out to be a pure bust for the rest of the season then I think it would be more likely that the team would bring in a new coach and let him pick his QB with our top 1 or 2 pick than for them to try and actually put Alex back out on the field.

I still think they'll give Haskins another year no matter what, unless the only way a hot new coach is willing to come in is if he gets to pick his own new QB. Alex Smith is a very smart QB who I think will make an excellent QB coach and maybe OC or even HC one day but he's not exactly a HOFer that you let a guy sit behind on the depth chart for years. There's only so much a guy can learn by watching a dude throw to TEs and RBs all day.

Smith sure does spend a lot of time with the top brass.

Career playing aspirations aside for 2020, seems like they are trying to integrate him into the organisation. I can see him getting a role in the front office, in a minor capacity, or on our coaching staff if Dan and Bruce continue to hold the fort next season.

Archived