Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Kenny Loggins Special

skins island connection

Who wins?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Monday Night football battle?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • The crippling yet unlikely tie.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I might change my mind if he plays

Chris Thompson

This would be the perfect time for that, and yes, we typically finish strong to get into the playoffs when we go.  So if we are going, its going to start here.  If we aren't going, its going to end here.

17 hours ago, kleese said:

It’s actually not a must win. If the Redskins finish the season 3-2 it’s likely they make the playoffs. There are some scenarios where we could miss at 9-7, but most get us in. If we lose to Philly that would set up close to a must win against the Giants. 

Are you saying this is the 'must win' to avoid a 'must win' game against NY?

Sorry, I don't think this is it. The song would make more sense before the Giants game if we were to lose Monday night. I feel they have a better chance of beating the Eagles here at home. Our depleted OLine would have to play as good as they did against the Bucs for us to have any kind of chance on Monday night.

Redskins - 20

Eagles - 24

4 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Sorry, I don't think this is it. The song would make more sense before the Giants game if we were to lose Monday night. I feel they have a better chance of beating the Eagles here at home. Our depleted OLine would have to play as good as they did against the Bucs for us to have any kind of chance on Monday night.

Redskins - 20

Eagles - 24

Thing is, if the Redskins lose Monday night, it will be like 2016, when we just HAD to beat a Giants team that had nothing to play for, and ended up wetting the bed.

The locker room will get very testy and finger-pointing will begin, not to mention once again Gruden would have failed to put together a game plan with 1-1/2 weeks to prepare, and end up mumbling something about having to review the game film.

So, yes, THIS IS IT ! :pint:

4 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Thing is, if the Redskins lose Monday night, it will be like 2016, when we just HAD to beat a Giants team that had nothing to play for, and ended up wetting the bed.

The locker room will get very testy and finger-pointing will begin, not to mention once again Gruden would have failed to put together a game plan with 1-1/2 weeks to prepare, and end up mumbling something about having to review the game film.

No, this is not it. This is not 2016 with Mr. Lethargic. To think that if we lose Monday night and that it's all over is not going to have me thinking it one single bit.

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

Your right skins island, and there is no excuse to lose this game. Philly's defense is beat up worse than our offense. The good part about that is our beat up offense can score, and will Monday Night. AP will have a huge game, Philly can't stop anyone, and when they do commit to the run, receivers are running free down the field. I'm in an area where I have to watch them or the Steelers, and I am far more impressed with the Redskins than the Eagles. Not because I'm a fan, but because Philly plays every game like their a 2nd string defense and Wentz will throw an int faster than Colt. I'm not scared.

2 hours ago, Unbias said:

Are you saying this is the 'must win' to avoid a 'must win' game against NY?

Exactly... sort of. But think about this... 

NOLA beats Dallas

Philly beats us 

Everyone is 6-6

Then Giants beat Redskins

Let’s say Eagles best Cowboys 

Then it would be 

Eagles 7-6

Redskins 6-7

Cowboys 6-7 

The next week we’d be at Jags, Eagles at Rams, Cowboys at Colts. 

So amazingly, the Giants game won’t even be a must-win from a math standpoint. The first real “must win” we’d face is in Jax. Now, if Dallas beats NOLA that changes things some. 

In other words, if this thread drives you mad, you have at least three more weeks of it...

1 hour ago, kleese said:

Exactly... sort of. But think about this... 

NOLA beats Dallas

Philly beats us 

Everyone is 6-6

Then Giants beat Redskins

Let’s say Eagles best Cowboys 

Then it would be 

Eagles 7-6

Redskins 6-7

Cowboys 6-7 

The next week we’d be at Jags, Eagles at Rams, Cowboys at Colts. 

So amazingly, the Giants game won’t even be a must-win from a math standpoint. The first real “must win” we’d face is in Jax. Now, if Dallas beats NOLA that changes things some. 

In other words, if this thread drives you mad, you have at least three more weeks of it...

Good breakdown Kleese

Somehow, the offense put up 23 (should have been 24) points on a very good Dallas defense while turning the ball over three times, and the D not getting a takeaway.  I think they could do well this week.  Wish I had more confidence in the D.  

Coin in toss for me (even though my head is yelling “Monday Night!”)

Redskins 27, Eagles 26

3 hours ago, kleese said:

So amazingly, the Giants game won’t even be a must-win from a math standpoint. The first real “must win” we’d face is in Jax. 

I see what you mean, but I went with the Giants game because then we'd have to go 3-0 the rest of the way out. Winning the Giants game still gives us a one game loss wiggle room on the last 3. I think we only have 2 teams in the NFC to worry about... Seahawks and Vikings. One of those 2 will get a seed, and I feel we would have a much better shot at knocking one of those 2 out with 9 wins. We'll need more help from other teams if we only reach 8.

17 hours ago, DJD2 said:

Not exactly an ideal matchup at this point in the season.

I suspect Philly feeling a little chesty after yesterday.

Hard to see a W.

Eagles 27

Skins 9

That is why we're going to roll them. Philly did nothing special to take over that game, but they think they did, and so do their fans. Philly could not stop Barkley, or play action, and they didn't have to. NY stopped it for them. It was like a heavy weight fighter who was destroying their opponent in the 1st round, then decided there was no need to hit him anymore, he did good enough in that round. Philly's defense is no where near as good as the Texans or Cowboys, they are beat up and they play like it.

1 hour ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

That is why we're going to roll them. Philly did nothing special to take over that game, but they think they did, and so do their fans. Philly could not stop Barkley, or play action, and they didn't have to. NY stopped it for them. It was like a heavy weight fighter who was destroying their opponent in the 1st round, then decided there was no need to hit him anymore, he did good enough in that round. Philly's defense is no where near as good as the Texans or Cowboys, they are beat up and they play like it.

Giants struggled in the 2nd half in key plays trying to stop Adams.  The Redskins defense needs to wake up in this game and stop the run for a change.

Archived