Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Josh Norman slams Redskins fans after road win: 'They boo everything'

NewCliche21

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Hovering around .500 is an upswing?  Zorn was the low point?

2008 (Zorn) : 8-8  (there's your .500) 

2009 : 4-12

2010: 6-10

2011:  5-11

2012: 10-6

2013:  3-13

2014: 4-12

2015: 9-7

2016: 8-7-1

2017: 7-9

Total:  64-95-1 

.400 over 10 years.  Two playoff one-and-dones.

Hovering around .500 is how you become a crap team long-term.  Why are you even remotely happy with .500?  I mean if we follow what the Eagles did, with a 7-9 followed by a 16-3, then yeah, I'll eat crow.  But all that .500 gets us is a mid-round draft pick.  

And look, I don't like the facts here.  I want to be on your side.  But no, this team is not anything until we win when it matters.  Oh, and while 6-3 is good, we were 6-3 with Zorn.

If you cant tell the difference between Zorn era and now, I can only assume you want to be upset.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’s true. i was at that game too. I was talking more in terms of score. You’ve probably never seen a loss as bad as 59-28. Heck, i dont think i have either. Though I’m probably much younger than you ?

Im only 31 but as far as scores go yeah that was about the worse I have witnessed. I think the patriots beat us pretty bad one season though too. Like 52-7 or something crazy like that

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Tell us more about the game you attended a decade ago and paint very broad pictures about the fanbase with.  Since when have you ever been a beacon of positivity?   

I've been a die hard apologist of this team for years until a couple seasons ago. I've also been to several games and it wasn't a decade ago. I've also read plenty on here about it. I guess I'm standing alone in that opinion since nobody liked and agreed with the post.

Lots of fans say it. Go look in the active thread. So players say it. Again. And you're shocked and appalled. Lol ok.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If you cant tell the difference between Zorn era and now, I can only assume you want to be upset.

I think the team has been on the upswing under Allen from the standpoint of not shelling out big bucks to free agents. But we have really only gotten back to mediocre under Gruden. The four years of Shanny were more of a waste of time than Gibbs 2.0 and were probably the biggest disappointment of the Snyder era. 

15 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

The Bills game after ST died was worse but in a different way. Everyone was already so down and the way the game ended made it even worse. 

I remember that game having a lot of energy and emotion. Memorable game to be in the stands feeling it.

I still firmly believe that Coach Joe Gibbs intentionally called that second timeout knowing he'd take a penalty to take the responsibility off our kicker if he missed that FG. Ive been laughed at for this but it is what I believe.

edit - now I know why I got laughed at .. thanks hail2skins and Rob

2 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I remember that game having a lot of energy and emotion. Memorable game to be in the stands feeling it.

I still firmly believe that Coach Joe Gibbs intentionally called that second timeout knowing he'd take a penalty to take the responsibility off our kicker if he missed that FG. Ive been laughed at for this but it is what I believe.

Um, that was THEIR kicker making a FG, helped by it being 15 yards closer. I don't like to bash St Joe, but he lost his mind that day. 

3 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

The game was emotional for sure. Not a dry eye in the house after the tribute was played in the arena. 

As as far as the kicker though I thought it was the bills kicking for the win and our penalty moved them into a more manageable range. 

I totally get where Josh is coming from but he should have kept it to himself. Never going to win that battle. 

I believe what he is not getting is that people are not booing him or the players so much as the last 25+ yrs of Snyder producing the same stuff, not to mention him pretty much ruining the game experience with higher prices, moving parking around and other stuff.

And yea they are 6-3 - for which I am ecstatic - they have laid two really big eggs. People might believe a little more if they had at least showed up those other two games. 

11 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

The game was emotional for sure. Not a dry eye in the house after the tribute was played in the arena. 

As as far as the kicker though I thought it was the bills kicking for the win and our penalty moved them into a more manageable range. 

You guys won that game right?

The bottom line is a sizeable portion of the fan base is just not emotionally invested enough to spend the kind of cash it takes to go to a Redskins game at Fed Ex anymore.  I was one of those fans for a long time.  I spent a ton of cash for a lot of years in that Stadium.  I just can't do it anymore, and every time they get blown out at home (when we are supposed to feel like things are on the upswing) I feel more justified in that decision.  I still watch the games, and still love the team, but I just won't spend 300 to 400 dollars on a couple seats, parking, food, and gas to go watch the other team's fans take over the stadium, and then harass the home crowd the whole game as it slips away.  I literally have fatigued on the Redskins as far as going to the games.  I'd go if a ticket was offered to me for free, but that's about it at this point.    

If Josh and the 2018 Redskins want to bring the fans back, start by beating the Texans on Sunday.  Show the fans their financial and emotional investment in the team is worth their time.  Don't lay an egg like you did against Atlanta.  Like you did against Indianapolis.  Play consistently so well that the other teams fans don't want to come to the Stadium, because they know more than likely they are going to see their team lose.     

3 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

You guys won that game right?

Lost it by less than a FG margin. A 51 yard FG attempt turned into a 36 yard attempt due to getting an unsportsmanlike penalty because Gibbs called back to back timeouts to try to ice the kicker...…..twice. Horrible. 

9 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Wanna know why New York is packed?  They've won two Super Bowls in the past 11 years.

NY started to empty out in the 3rd when you & I were there. By the 4th that place was FedEx North.

Tampa only filled the lower bowl yesterday. Club Level & Upper Deck were half empty. The entire Skins sideline lower bowl & South end zone were FedEx South. 

Both of these games these fans were LOUD. You had them Singing Hail To The Redskins all throughout the 4th. Yesterday was so impressive, Doc even climbed up in the stands mic in hand with the fans. This crowd even had the DEFENSE chant going while we were on defense.

9 minutes ago, TK said:

Tampa only filled the lower bowl yesterday. Club Level & Upper Deck were half empty. The entire Skins sideline lower bowl & South end zone were FedEx South. 

Sounds like RayJay was just like FedEx as far as opposing fan presence and empty seats.

That's the thing, I'm not sure many of us have been to enough stadiums consistently enough to know how attendance is really doing at a lot of places, and how the teams are accounting for tickets sold, etc. I do think there are less people at the FedEx games this season, than, say, even last season, but I also think the attendance numbers in recent years were overstated due to tickets sold to brokers counted as being "sold," regardless if the broker was in turn able to unload them to a customer. That does not seem to be as prevalent this year. 

I have zero problems with what Josh said.  There are a lot of people that are negative (myself included) even after a win and point out more negative things than positive.  Just like there are a lot of homers that won't take the burgundy glasses off and realize the obvious and are excited/thrilled/etc.  Everyone processes things differently and who am I to tell anyone how to express their feelings.

For me personally, I'm happy as **** after every win, I'm sitting in front of the boob tube watching every single game, yelling, cheering, talking ****, etc. I live in the moment and appreciate everything..........then I usually come down, back to reality and realize what the current state of not only the franchise is in, but this team.  Then, I point out negatives, just like the coaches do, because if and really a BIG IF here, they could manage to improve on those negatives, we would be an even better team with a better chance in the playoffs (if we were to make it).  

One thing I don't believe in is booing the team at home games.  Especially when the stadium is already half packed with the opposing teams fans.  Why?  Because that's what idiot Eagles fans do and damn it, we should be better than that.  But by all means, if you want to boo our team, then so be it.  

If Josh's comments actually bother anyone, then y'all need some thicker skin, imo.  I'd rather have a passionate player speak his mind and be honest than one that just blows smoke up everyone's ass and says the right things, etc. just because they are worried about their image.  

Also, another huge part of the problem IMO has to do with the following factors...

1.) The Washington Redskins play in Landover, Maryland, at Fed Ex Field.  The fact that they do cannot be blamed on Snyder, he inherited the place (a brand new stadium at the time) when he bought the team.  All the best things about RFK did not translate to the new stadium and location.  The obvious fact they had to take seats out because they couldn't fill them does nothing to help the appearance and character of the place.  Location, location, location, with the next stadium.  Put them back in D.C. where they belong, or at the very least in National Harbor (a convenient spot for D.C, Maryland, and Virginia fans) where the fans will have a ton of other things to do before and after the game.    

2.) The DMV is a transient area where a lot of people have moved for the government jobs.  They don't stop rooting for their home team when they move here.  Also, these (non-NFC East) fans are willing to make that single game every 4 years or so an EVENT at the stadium.  They are willing to shell out hundreds, maybe even thousands, to watch their team play the Redskins live.

Painkiller, I will agree that the location of the stadium and the transient nature of the area are contributing factors. However, it should also be pointed out that the stadium was pretty packed for probably about the first 10 years of its existence. Also, the concentration of opposing fans in the lower bowl visitors side was nowhere near as glaring when the place first opened as it is now. 

Bottom line is that we weren't too far removed from the glory days when FedEx opened, and the years of losing and mediocrity have been the single biggest culprit.

That said, in the age of great home TV viewing experience, I can't blame someone for not wanting to spend close to $200 to get two tickets to sit in the nosebleeds, or even more to sit in the lower bowl and have to stand all game. 

Players sound nothing but stupid when they make these complaints. The fans have a right to express themselves however they want after they paid for their seats. And players have plenty to worry about, it's just ad when this is what they want to worry about.

You want the fans to be more positive, Josh?  Win a meaningful game for the first time in your Redskins career. Do your job, you're paid enough for it.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Players sound nothing but stupid when they make these complaints. The fans have a right to express themselves however they want after they paid for their seats. And players have plenty to worry about, it's just ad when this is what they want to worry about.

You want the fans to be more positive, Josh?  Win a meaningful game for the first time in your Redskins career. Do your job, you're paid enough for it.

They play a game for YOUR entertainment. Yes they get paid exorbitant amounts of money to play a game. But that's because consumers such as you and I deem it worthy of that amount of money. Not to mention, many of these guys are literally putting their bodies and health on the line while you sit back enjoy a frosty cold one and cheer from the comfort of your seat/couch/bar or wherever the hell you watch these games.

You are one of the ones he's talking about. If you are a fan of the team, then actually be one. Back your guys. Whining and moaning about 20 years this and that is a waste of energy and doesn't help anything, especially since most of these players and coaches weren't even here during the real dark times. You are part of the problem with this fan base. Move on if you get zero satisfaction from them, we'd be better off without you.

10 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Tampa Video

To some extent, and in all fairness, I think this is the nature of the NFL in 2018.  Some places like Pittsburgh, Dallas, and New England don't have these problems, but many of the other teams do.  People move and travel a lot more in 2018 than ever before.  Perhaps, the home field advantage as it was a decade ago and earlier really is a thing of the past now.  Like I said, the DMV is a transient area so maybe we see more of this amplified here because of that, but the proof is in the pudding.  Other stadiums do also experience this same problem.     

Just now, HardcoreZorn said:

They play a game for YOUR entertainment. Yes they get paid exorbitant amounts of money to play a game. But that's because consumers such as you and I deem it worthy of that amount of money. Not to mention, many of these guys are literally putting their bodies and health on the line while you sit back enjoy a frosty cold one and cheer from the comfort of your seat/couch/bar or wherever the hell you watch these games.

You are one of the ones he's talking about. If you are a fan of the team, then actually be one. Back your guys. Whining and moaning about 20 years this and that is a waste of energy and doesn't help anything, especially since most of these players and coaches weren't even here during the real dark times. You are part of the problem with this fan base. Move on if you get zero satisfaction from them, we'd be better off without you.

LMAO. People make millions off of entertaining people like me, and if we're not entertained it's on us and we should be ashamed.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've been a die hard apologist of this team for years until a couple seasons ago. I've also been to several games and it wasn't a decade ago. I've also read plenty on here about it. I guess I'm standing alone in that opinion since nobody liked and agreed with the post.

Lots of fans say it. Go look in the active thread. So players say it. Again. And you're shocked and appalled. Lol ok.

Shocked and appalled?  Where did you read that?  I never said anything of the sort. I don’t blame the players for not enjoying playing in front of half the other team’s fans, getting booed, etc.  I think he’s stupid for going on a tangent about it.  It’s a deflecting tactic by him to make the story about the crappy fans rather than laying eggs on the field.  He certainly could have went about it in a more productive way but I don’t blame them for not liking their situation when playing at home.

However the term “wine and cheesers” really dates yourself as far as actually attending games.  The wine and cheese crowd has been gone for a long time.  The FO wishes they still had that crowd to buy club seats and expensive parking.  A lot of folks outside of them have bailed due to reasons you’re well aware of.  I just find it odd that you constantly attack the fanbase as if there aren’t legitimate reasons for the decay.  Even more odd for you to be on this positivity high horse when the word positive doesn’t register with your posting history.  You’ve taken numerous dumps on numerous players, coaches, fans you name it for years.  That’s fine but your finger pointing at everyone else rings hollow all things considered. 

Archived