Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Redskins at New Yark Fooseball giants

TK

Offense sputtering yet again, but the defense carried the day.

I'm happy with the defense, they are legit.

Yeah they had a hard time against an elite qb (Brees) but the deck was stacked against them that week. This is a playoff caliber defense that is soo young.. they'll only get better over the next 3 years. I'm really excited for this team going forward.

How many times have we lost to "bad" teams in the past only to lose it at the end?  5-2 and in the driver's seat.. paloffs here we come.

1 minute ago, thebluefood said:

Yeah! 'Skins haven't been there since...

...Since...

[Thousand yard stare and flashbacks intensifies]

snyderphysical.bmp

Same season with the video highlighting Greg Blache walking naked out of the shower.  That might have been the “hip-hip-hooray” video 

21 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yup. Divisional win to keep the distance from the Eagles, and we get to 5-2. Have we been 5-2 at any point since Zorn's first 6-2 stretch?

Nope. Had a chance to get to 5-2 in 2016 but fell to 4-3 instead (and would have been 5-2 had it not been for that Matt Jones fumble on the 1, or the Joe Barry-led defense giving up a TD with a minute to go....)

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Giants used to win games just like this in their Super Bowl years, actually. You just gotta win. We are doing that. Get over it. 

I know we all know the end is eventually coming. But enjoy it while it lasts you skirts. 

Who's not enjoying it? Doesn't mean we can't talk about needing to score TDs. 

32 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hate that Engram scored that feel good garbage time TD at the end to make it look closer. We held that offense to 6 points an entire game when it counted but hate giving up those trash points at the very end. Good W though, and great play by the D overall

We probably had 5 starters in there at most.  I was praying no one got hurt, I could care less about giving a trash TD.

We are so close to being a complete football team, great day by the defense and special teams, DJ Swagginger playing at an all-pro level.

The DT's have 13.5 sacks through 7 games.

AP is having a pro bowl type year, I think he might be 3rd in the entire NFL after today's game.

Good stuff all around besides the passing game.

21 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Remember Chris Horton and his 2 int game?thought we had a gem there

Hortons game was the greatest football performance since 1966, when Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a single game for the Polk High Panthers. 

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

**** John Mara!

No thanks. I'd rather have his niece, Kate. 

Doctson caught all five of his targets today.

At this point, doc shouldn't be judged as a first round pick.  Wanting to get rid of him just bc he hasn't lived up to expectations is a weak mentality.  He is a low cost contributor, and those are valuable to have on a roster.  While we hope for more than that from our first rounders, he still has a year and a half to prove he needs a second contract.  And if he doesn't make the leap and walks in FA, not the end of the world. 

So let's give credit where credit is due, doctson delivered when his number was called today.

Archived