Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Redskins at New Yark Fooseball giants

TK

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Maybe I am just a debbie downer but this game makes me feel like we will win a crappy division to lose first round of the playoffs and get a bottom half draft pick so the cycle can continue. 

Ya you are..one game at a time.. realllly???

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hate that Engram scored that feel good garbage time TD at the end to make it look closer. We held that offense to 6 points an entire game when it counted but hate giving up those trash points at the very end. Good W though, and great play by the D overall

Yeah, but I'm not too mad about that. Had AP not scored, yeah that would have been depressing, but that was just stat padding as they had no real chance

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Maybe I am just a debbie downer but this game makes me feel like we will win a crappy division to lose first round of the playoffs and get a bottom half draft pick so the cycle can continue. 

I feel ya. Its still positive, but our offense isn't even "ok".

If Smith could adjust to the playbook faster and we had one play making WR, I think we would be on another level.

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm really hard on DJ. Hes a SS. If he can stay at strong, hes outstanding for us. Huge reason were great on D.

I think hes also having a career year and playing over his ability.  

You could be right, but he's 27 years old.  He's entered his prime seasons.  I think the game has slowed down for him.  And he's grown into the leadership aspects of his position and role.  And the guys in front of him are executing so well that he is able to do his job exactly as drawn up.

Things have come together for this defense, and now the challenge shifts from building it to maintaining it as pieces age or get injured.

1 minute ago, jservs7 said:

If Smith could adjust to the playbook faster and we had one play making WR, I think we would be on another level.

I agree.  Even crowder back would be a huge difference.  

Maybe even a bingo caller calling plays.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Brother. The one thing you MUST have to win playoffs games is a great defense. WE HAVE THAT. We also have a running game that should deliver in crappy weather in the winter. I also think Smith will get better as the year progresses and he has more time in the offense. 

Just get into the dance and lets see what happens!

1 minute ago, jservs7 said:

exactly our offense is a ragtag group of probowlers trying to feel eachother out. When it clicks its going to click hard

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You could be right, but he's 27 years old.  He's entered his prime seasons.  I think the game has slowed down for him.  And he's grown into the leadership aspects of his position and role.  And the guys in front of him are executing so well that he is able to do his job exactly as drawn up.

Things have come together for this defense, and now the challenge shifts from building it to maintaining it as pieces age or get injured.

He and Brown were some of the few free agent signings i liked, partially because we've had such bad experience drafting those positions and partially because they were so young and good. Glad to see they aren't just sitting on the contracts though. 

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah, and hes the emotional leader so I buy in. As long as he stays at strong. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Brother. The one thing you MUST have to win playoffs games is a great defense. WE HAVE THAT. We also have a running game that should deliver in crappy weather in the winter. I also think Smith will get better as the year progresses and he has more time in the offense. 

Just get into the dance and lets see what happens!

I get what you're saying.  But I know where I'd put my money betting on how it plays out.  I'd put down a big fat stack of bills in fact.

Archived