Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Redskins at New Yark Fooseball giants

TK

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

You could be right, but he's 27 years old.  He's entered his prime seasons.  I think the game has slowed down for him.  And he's grown into the leadership aspects of his position and role.  And the guys in front of him are executing so well that he is able to do his job exactly as drawn up.

Things have come together for this defense, and now the challenge shifts from building it to maintaining it as pieces age or get injured.

That's exciting. Our boy Payne really changed everything. Sure, there's issues. Things will evolve, but Manusky and our FO have crushed 2 drafts. If Jay can get ahold of his clown show, were a special team. I think jay's a decent coordinator and Alex is a good QB. I honestly dont know what's happening. They ducked up the center, WRs getting hurt, over rated TEs.

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Doctson caught all five of his targets today.

At this point, doc shouldn't be judged as a first round pick.  Wanting to get rid of him just bc he hasn't lived up to expectations is a weak mentality.  He is a low cost contributor, and those are valuable to have on a roster.  While we hope for more than that from our first rounders, he still has a year and a half to prove he needs a second contract.  And if he doesn't make the leap and walks in FA, not the end of the world. 

So let's give credit where credit is due, doctson delivered when his number was called today.

Id love to keep Doctson, but the bed is made for his next contract

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Imagine if this offense had a good to very good starting QB who knew the system....

I would of loved to see what Kirk would look like with our defense at this level. Would have been a fun team to watch. 

Alas, twas not to be. 

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I would of loved to see what Kirk would look like with our defense at this level. Would have been a fun team to watch. 

Alas, twas not to be. 

My guess...just from judging from history?

A pick six with 1 minute to go.

Hes a good QB, but had bad juju here.

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Alas, twas not to be. 

This. How can anyone not wonder this. We replaced a younger QB with a 34 year old that protects the ball and the offense is terrible. 

I would fire Allen in a second for not getting that extension done. Inexcusable. We honestly could be right behind the Rams as NFC SB contenders if we still had Kurt. 

Also, high fives all around. We finally have a team that doesn’t get bullied in the trenches and we are in 1st place in the NFCE. Feels good. Feels even better to win a game and feel like you physically dominated the other team. I almost can’t remember the last time we had an OL and DL that could do that. 

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Great defensive performance, horrible offensive performance(bar AP), great to be 5-2 and finally win a game against a bad team like we should!

Next week is another very winable game with Atlanta, opportunity abounds right now.

horrible offensive performance was the giants...we posted 20 (23)

Ladies and gents, just finished up my blog for the game here: 

The feel in the locker room and at the press conferences is just awesome.  Happy for the win, yeah, but wanting more.  A lack of satisfaction or complacency, you wouldn't be able to tell that we're 5-2.  I love it.

Just now, Llevron said:

Giants used to win games just like this in their Super Bowl years, actually. You just gotta win. We are doing that. Get over it. 

I know we all know the end is eventually coming. But enjoy it while it lasts you skirts. 

Exactly. Giants won superbowls with a d line. 5-2 mother****er

Glad I was wrong again....even at half time I was not confident, I love being 5-2 it’s glorious! Rest of the schedule looks very winnable if we can figure out how to score just a bit more. 

NFC East looks very winnable but can’t rest on our laurels. 

This is team may inspire me to attend another game! HTTR 

I dont look forward to Stroman out there chasing Jones, Sanu, and Ridley next week.  Dunbar needs to heal up quick.  One guy can ruin an otherwise strong effort by the other 10.  I think the pass rush is the only thing keeping Stroman from giving up 2 TDs every week.

7 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

This. How can anyone not wonder this. We replaced a younger QB with a 34 year old that protects the ball and the offense is terrible. 

I would fire Allen in a second for not getting that extension done. Inexcusable. We honestly could be right behind the Rams as NFC SB contenders if we still had Kurt. 

Also, high fives all around. We finally have a team that doesn’t get bullied in the trenches and we are in 1st place in the NFCE. Feels good. Feels even better to win a game and feel like you physically dominated the other team. I almost can’t remember the last time we had an OL and DL that could do that. 

Kurt cousins?

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Ladies and gents, just finished up my blog for the game here: 

The feel in the locker room and at the press conferences is just awesome.  Happy for the win, yeah, but wanting more.  A lack of satisfaction or complacency, you wouldn't be able to tell that we're 5-2.  I love it.

HTTR

Quick look. We are tied for 4th in turnover margin this season before today. 

Theblast 3 years we were something like 14th 17th and 23rd respectively. We had progressively worse records too if memory serves.

this is a key factor to our wins right now and exactly what the Eagles did right last year to win it all. And it is exactly the 1 and only area Alex improves the team over Kirk lol

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I said it this week, I believe the defense now.  Stopping Barkley (at least from a run perspective) was what I needed to see in order to believe that the defense is legit.  

I totally feel you here. I’m still worried about what will happen against good passing teams where we can’t rush the passer effectively. Basically teams built like NO but we won’t see as mean of them until the paloffs

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I said it this week, I believe the defense now.  Stopping Barkley (at least from a run perspective) was what I needed to see in order to believe that the defense is legit.  

that stat of premiere backs vs the league and vs the Redskins HTTR!......was awesome

Just now, Llevron said:

I totally feel you here. I’m still worried about what will happen against good passing teams where we can’t rush the passer effectively. Basically teams built like NO but we won’t see as mean of them until the paloffs

I agree.   I think the NO game was just...a bad game.  Team didn't look prepared.  But I also think a good passing offense can still shred this defense.  

I did like the mention during the broadcast today about the defense having dinner together after the NO game and coming together.  Good people, good leadership.  

Archived