Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amari Cooper

Thirtyfive2seven

Jerry Jones is back to being the owner that can't admit he severely overrated Dak Prescott as a franchise QB and is now making stupid moves to try and prove it. I remember back in the 90's how long he held onto the belief that Quincy Carter would come around.  He booted Romo after the injury probably a season or two too soon, got stars in his eyes when Dak benefited from Zeke's rookie year, and is now in full panic mode due to Dark regressing.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Wow, a 1st round pick? That is crazy.  I wouldn't have minded adding Amari Cooper to this roster, but not for a 1st round pick. Leave it to Jerry Jones.

Yea, I don't get it.  I guess us beating them really stung.

34 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Draft pick aside, and yes a 1st is too high, isn’t he on the books for like 15 mil?

its a double whammy with the salary. And now he has to learn the playbook too. 

I wonder if our supposed interest helped John get his 1st.

I heard on the radio this afternoon that his salary for the rest of this year is only like $250k.  But then next year it balloons up to like $16m.  Even better is then he is a free agent.  So they will have to pay him big bucks or he walks and Dallas ended up using a 1st round pick for a year and a half rental when they aren't even in "win now" mode.  It's not like they are one piece away.  This seems like a Dan move.  Glad it isn't this time.

Man...I kinda like Jerry Jones.

Hear me out, hear me out.

He's a throwback to NFL owners being synonymous with their teams...and in some cases, bigger than their teams.  There aren't any NFL owners like that anymore.  NFL owners are largely nameless and faceless today.  Sure, you got that guy down in Jacksonville with the mustache and I guess the Mara and Rooney descendants in NY and Pittsburgh but they're not personalities.  They're not anyone on an Al Davis level.  Jerry is the closest thing to it.  

So while I'll absolutely never root for Jerry or Dallas, I admire him a little bit from afar.  The last of a breed.  

One thing I will say about Dan Snyder is that at least if a majority says it's a bad idea to do something, he will at least listen and take a step back I think. Jerry does whatever the **** he wants at the end of the day, he probably kept this move from nearly everyone in that organization. 

18 hours ago, Birdlives said:

Draft pick aside, and yes a 1st is too high, isn’t he on the books for like 15 mil?

its a double whammy with the salary. And now he has to learn the playbook too. 

I wonder if our supposed interest helped John get his 1st.

9780470125366-uk-300.jpg

That's Jason Garrett's playbook.

Say what you want about Gruden, but they unloaded a bad contract in Cooper with a possible upper half of the first round draft pick. Cap wise it's brilliant. Sure the Mack deal is questionable, but they get a draft pick at a hell of a lot lower cost than the Mack contract. They can load up elsewhere from cap savings. 

Raiders still stink, but as a far as a rebuild goes, they're in great shape. 

Just now, Busch1724 said:

Say what you want about Gruden, but they unloaded a bad contract in Cooper with a possible upper half of the first round draft pick. Cap wise it's brilliant. Sure the Mack deal is questionable, but they get a draft pick at a hell of a lot lower cost than the Mack contract. They can load up elsewhere from cap savings. 

Raiders still stink, but as a far as a rebuild goes, they're in great shape. 

Not to mention, rumor has it that Carr is going to be on his way out too and not part of their future plans.  Not sure if they will trade him this season or in the off-season, but look for that to possibly happen.  If they somehow pull out another 2019 first round pick for Carr, good lord, that will be four 1st round picks in 2019.  Which at the rookie wage scale gives them tons of fire power to get studs for good salaries for 4 years, and trade down for higher first round picks or early second round picks, etc.

36 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Also, I think anyway, they have two first rounders in the 2020 draft. 

Correct, they got a 2020 first and third from the Bears in the Mack trade.  They get another first for Carr........whether its a 2019 or 2020, they could wind up having 6 first round picks over back to back drafts.  Has any team ever done that before?  I think it would make more sense trying to get a 2020 1st round pick for Carr, so they can spread it out evenly. 

Would also allow them to trade back for more picks and still have two impact players/immediate starters with the remaining two first round picks in both 2019 and 2020.

If they hit on all of those picks, watch out.  Especially if they use the majority of them on offense.  There is no way I don't see Chucky not loading up on the offensive side of the ball.  He's just got to hit on the picks.

Archived