Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pathetic crowds at home opener

skins2victory

On 11/2/2018 at 5:46 PM, GOSKINS_08 said:

Someone wanna send me $100? Lol I’d gladly go. Been trying to get my friend to go but he doesn’t wanna pay the price. After we went to the colts game he lost his desire to go apparently. I do hope the crowd is packed with Redskins fans Sunday! Huge game.

Here's the thing about going by yourself, and I do this a lot: you never know who you gonna meet : )

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Here's the thing about going by yourself, and I do this a lot: you never know who you gonna meet : )

I've done it too. It can be a lot of fun. Of course, I kinda cheat as I go by myself and then head to the ES Tailgate. It's been a few years though since I've gone to a game.

ESPN has it at 62386 today. Hard to tell a big difference between today and Colts and Packers game. As ix said, lower level pretty full, but there are noticeable spots of empties in LL end zone and corners. Club and upper level are a joke. The LL visitors side packed with ATL fans but that is the case for every game.

For a team at 5-2 (now 5-3) its pretty clear there is an attendance problem. 

My thoughts on attending todays game. This is as good a thread as any to put it in:

My son and I skipped the stadium experience last year and never went to a game. I scored some tickets for today's game and I can honestly say I will never go to another game at Fedex Field. I dont care if it is the NFC Championship game. 

We live in Winchester, VA. So it is almost a 2 hour drive to get there. We left the house at 7 AM and were at the Stadium at 8:45. We had F Green parking and were MAYBE 25 cars back waiting to get into the parking lot. That wait took almost 20 minutes. 20 MINUTES TO LET 25 CARS INTO the parking lot. 

Tailgating was fun as it always is. We cooked up some shrimp and hamburgers. Good eating and fun times with the neighbors around us. Nothing to complain about on that end. We headed up to the stadium at 12. Nice fast entry into the stadium. All went smoothly. Great pregame. With the anthem and a flyover by a pair of F18's

The stadium was MAYBE half full. And of the half full stadium AT LEAST 30% of them were Falcons fans. They basically took over one side of the home endzone and half of the visitors side of the stadium. The game experience itself just isnt fun. Especially when you get crushed. The refs are calling holding with EVERY good run by Peterson and the Wr's are dropping balls left and right. We left with about 5 minutes left in the game. And then the REAL FUN began.

THE TRAFFIC IS ABYSMAL. PERIOD. 

2 hours and 35 minutes to get home. Ridiculous. 

Overall I can say with certainty that, FOR ME, the experience is just better at home than at Fedex Field. No $10.50 beers, no stadium full of opposing fans and no MISERABLE traffic. 

The Stadium needs to be moved back to DC or into NOVA. And until them I will stay a TV watcher.

My section (237) had only 3 falcons fans (1 that sat next to me and my friend) and then a father/son in row 1 of the section. Lower bowl was pretty packed, but yeah not so much in club/upper level. 

Stadium has definitely made some improvements though. Overall a pretty fun experience, notwithstanding the loss. 

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

My thoughts on attending todays game. This is as good a thread as any to put it in:

My son and I skipped the stadium experience last year and never went to a game. I scored some tickets for today's game and I can honestly say I will never go to another game at Fedex Field. I dont care if it is the NFC Championship game. 

We live in Winchester, VA. So it is almost a 2 hour drive to get there. We left the house at 7 AM and were at the Stadium at 8:45. We had F Green parking and were MAYBE 25 cars back waiting to get into the parking lot. That wait took almost 20 minutes. 20 MINUTES TO LET 25 CARS INTO the parking lot. 

Tailgating was fun as it always is. We cooked up some shrimp and hamburgers. Good eating and fun times with the neighbors around us. Nothing to complain about on that end. We headed up to the stadium at 12. Nice fast entry into the stadium. All went smoothly. Great pregame. With the anthem and a flyover by a pair of F18's

The stadium was MAYBE half full. And of the half full stadium AT LEAST 30% of them were Falcons fans. They basically took over one side of the home endzone and half of the visitors side of the stadium. The game experience itself just isnt fun. Especially when you get crushed. The refs are calling holding with EVERY good run by Peterson and the Wr's are dropping balls left and right. We left with about 5 minutes left in the game. And then the REAL FUN began.

THE TRAFFIC IS ABYSMAL. PERIOD. 

2 hours and 35 minutes to get home. Ridiculous. 

Overall I can say with certainty that, FOR ME, the experience is just better at home than at Fedex Field. No $10.50 beers, no stadium full of opposing fans and no MISERABLE traffic. 

The Stadium needs to be moved back to DC or into NOVA. And until them I will stay a TV watcher.

Sounds like most of your issue is that you just live far as **** from the stadium lol 

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Sounds like most of your issue is that you just live far as **** from the stadium lol 

Was about to post this. Like it took almost 2 hours to get there in the morning and u only add 35 mins for 69-70k fans leaving that is pretty damn good.

20 minutes ago, just654 said:

Was about to post this. Like it took almost 2 hours to get there in the morning and u only add 35 mins for 69-70k fans leaving that is pretty damn good.

As I said it was MY TAKE on the experience. Someone else may enjoy it more than I. I wont be going again.

I live in Harpers Ferry, WV and commute to the DC area regularly for events.  Just went to the Anthem to see Wu Tang Thursday night.  100 bucks for a ticket, split a hotel room with a friend for 75 bucks each, bought too many 10 dollar drinks and so on.  It’s about 50 mins to the Reston metro, 45 minutes on the train and a 15 minute walk from there.  Spent a lot of money and travelled a good ways to make it happen.

The difference is the venue was incredible as well as the concert.  Makes it worth doing whatever you have to do to get there.  FedEx is a dump and history says the team will probably suck too.  Not worth all the effort and money.

To each their own and god bless the folks who show up loud and proud every weekend.  For those folks it’s just a way of life.  But for many of us it’s freaking miserable, spending all that money and time to be surrounded by opposing teams fans, watching the team get blown out, only to have to sit in traffic on top of it on the way out.

I've driven to the stadium once in my entire life, never again, metro every other time.  But in the stadium, I'm just happy to be around fellow fans, say whats on my mind, and hopefull watch the team win.  Otherwise, its a giant concrete bowl out von younder and that's it, nothing like other DC teams stadiums.  And there's also nothing walking distance around it, its just terrible.

I get why people don't want to go, Snyder may want to find someway out the lease, this is going to start costing him money soon if it isn't already.  Redskins have been on an advertising campaign for home games like I've never seen before, if they are winning and don't want to go, that should tell you something.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I've driven to the stadium once in my entire life, never again, metro every other time.  But in the stadium, I'm just happy to be around fellow fans, say whats on my mind, and hopefull watch the team win.  Otherwise, its a giant concrete bowl out von younder and that's it, nothing like other DC teams stadiums.  And there's also nothing walking distance around it, its just terrible.

I get why people don't want to go, Snyder may want to find someway out the lease, this is going to start costing him money soon if it isn't already.  Redskins have been on an advertising campaign for home games like I've never seen before, if they are winning and don't want to go, that should tell you something.

the commercial has been updated to include film from the panthers and cowboys game too.  the previous commercial pretty much used everything from the raiders game in 2017 lol

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I was in the first row of club level 325, about the 15 yard line on the visitors side.  Throughout the game I would look at the corner sections of the club level and if I said they were 20 percent occupied I'd likely be overestimating it. Is sitting in an empty section what the stadium experience is about?  If this is going to be the norm, we might as well get out of FedEx as soon as we can. I also didn't think they would remove any more seats, but based on what I've seen this season, can see it as a possibility. What the hell...….the stadium would look more full. 

It seemed like the stadium had more Skins fans yesterday.  Our section, (237), was packed with Skins fans. As for ingress, egress, we didn't have any issues.

We live in Glen Burnie MD. It takes ~35 minutes to get to the stadium in the morning. We do a small post tailgate,  while traffic leaves. It usually takes ~45 minutes to get home

I keep hearing about the new food.  I've been once, reluctantly, this year.  What new food is there that people are really impressed with?  I tried to order the hotdog w/ the BBQ on it and they "don't got those" during the third quarter.  I settled on a BBQ sandwich as that was new since I was there last.  It was awful and way overpriced.

The rest of the stadium experience - still bad as usual - so I'm curious what part of the new food is actually good.  Unlikely I'll be back this year, but if I go back, I'd love to find at least a small glimmer of goodness.

34 minutes ago, Grumpy Vet said:

The rest of the stadium experience - still bad as usual - so I'm curious what part of the new food is actually good.  Unlikely I'll be back this year, but if I go back, I'd love to find at least a small glimmer of goodness.

GV, my mother takes the train in from out of town and we usually eat at a restaurant before heading to the stadium. I think until the Skins follow what the Falcons and Ravens have done and substantially lower the price of concessions for all attendees, you'll likely be disappointed at the offerings, particularly from a value perspective.

As far as the stadium experience, it is what it is. I think they are making a few tweaks to the in-game presentation stuff and, once inside the stadium and in the seating bowl, I don't find the in-game experience to be bad at all.  Except that the (at least short term, anyway) new policies of the new folks in charge to limit the number of tickets on the secondary market, along with the losing and Kirk departure being the final nail in the coffin, have just taken the life out of the club and upper decks. It is pretty glaring this season. 

59 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

It seemed like the stadium had more Skins fans yesterday.  Our section, (237), was packed with Skins fans. As for ingress, egress, we didn't have any issues.

We live in Glen Burnie MD. It takes ~35 minutes to get to the stadium in the morning. We do a small post tailgate,  while traffic leaves. It usually takes ~45 minutes to get home

You were in section 237 also? Which row? My friend and i were in row 6. 

Anyone who thinks there was 30 percent falcons fans has no idea what they are talking about maybe in a couple sections there were a

lot but in general skins fans showed up yesterday to support the team I was in 134 and for every 20 skins fans there was about 3 falcons fans in my section and the surrounding ones ....we showed up unlike the men on the field we came to support 

Archived