Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

I'm happy as hell for the Browns. They were always my favorite AFC team - I started watching football the year they came back in the league and my dad told me what happened to their old team (he related it to the Senators leaving town when he was in college) so I always felt a connection with them. 

3 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

I guess everyone forgot that the Jets didn't get to plan their defense for Mayfield....watch next week, QB changes at half time don't really allow a defense to adjust.

That's true, the Jets did not prep for Baker.  Not that the Browns really changed their offense.  Baker was just making quicker decisions and giving his receivers a chance to make plays.  And his throws are on target.  Taylor doesn't throw a lot of INTs because he doesn't challenge tight man coverage and that's what the Jets were playing.  Like with any rookie QB, defenses will start trying to disguise coverages.  Will have to see how he does against that.   

Mayfield killed it, had the one terrible throw right in the defender's hands in the end zone but other than that they couldn't stop him.

That scramble in the pocket where he put an RB style juke on the D lineman was kind of nasty, you don't see that too much.

He made some ridiculous passes, I would be excited if I was a Browns fan unless I actually lived in Cleveland.

7 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

I guess everyone forgot that the Jets didn't get to plan their defense for Mayfield....watch next week, QB changes at half time don't really allow a defense to adjust.

I hate that logic. If that were the case, every team every week would just change QBs at halftime and auto win because the other team isn't "prepared" for the backup.

Clearly Mayfield can play. He'll have ups and downs like all young QBs, but he was the difference between winning and losing the game for the Browns.

On 9/21/2018 at 5:54 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It doesn’t appear Cleveland changed what they were doing for Baker either.  He’s just better than Tyrod, easily.

In an odd way, I think the Browns win on Thursday made a better case for getting rid of coach Hue Jackson than their 0-16 season did.  It was so obvious they were going to lose with Tyrod in there.  They had to make a change, but the coach wouldn't do it.  If Jackson had his way, they would have lost again.  Luckily the decision to switch QBs was taken out of his hands... so they won only because the coach was not allowed to stick to his plan. 

3 hours ago, Nerm said:

In an odd way, I think the Browns win on Thursday made a better case for getting rid of coach Hue Jackson than their 0-16 season did.  It was so obvious they were going to lose with Tyrod in there.  They had to make a change, but the coach wouldn't do it.  If Jackson had his way, they would have lost again.  Luckily the decision to switch QBs was taken out of his hands... so they won only because the coach was not allowed to stick to his plan. 

Hmm. Interesting view on the situation. You don’t think hue would have pulled Tyrod after the half even if he hadn’t gotten hurt? I think it was only a matter of time no matter what. By the way buck and aikman were even calling for mayfield to come out after halftime, it just made it seem to me like they must have ben clued in by hue on Wednesday night that a bad half by Tyrod could have him on the bench for the 2nd half. 

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hmm. Interesting view on the situation. You don’t think hue would have pulled Tyrod after the half even if he hadn’t gotten hurt? I think it was only a matter of time no matter what. By the way buck and aikman were even calling for mayfield to come out after halftime, it just made it seem to me like they must have ben clued in by hue on Wednesday night that a bad half by Tyrod could have him on the bench for the 2nd half. 

Honestly, I don't have the pulse of what the Coach's thoughts on that were.  It would make sense to wait for the half, if he was thinking of a change.  I was following the game online, and I was wanting to see a Browns win... I cant imagine what it would be like to go 600 + days to go without a win as a fan.  When you are favored in a game for the first time in more than 2 years... then watch the opposing team come in and take a 14 point lead while getting taunting fouls after scoring... I would have pulled the QB.  I think Tyrod only had 2 yards passing more than halfway through the 2nd qtr.  You might as well replace the QB with an extra RB at that point. Those were my thoughts at the time (sarcasm regarding going without a QB).  But, I have to admit... I had no idea that Mayfield would play so well.  I just thought that a change had to be made, even if just for a few series.   600+ days since you won... try something!

15 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Vikings look like true trash. Is Diggs out of the game? I can't tell I'm at a bar, the game is in the corner. He went out earlier into the tent.

I take it back. Just asked a Vikings friend, Diggs is back in now but they're still clawing away on offense.

my father suggests hitting and rolling.  I'm pretty sure I have seen DBs do that with guys that cover

14 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I just got home. Fox is showing the Saints/Falcons OT game...then they cut to Seahawks/Cowboys ?  What a stupid NFL/network rule.

honestly, if they're only going to be able to show one minute of a game they weren't previously airing then I think they shouldn't cut to it

Archived