Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You're logic is undeniable, lolz.

I mean, is Watson sucking this year or something?  They were lighting people the hell up before he went out last year with the ACL.

Team's defenses might've figured Watson out. Or he isn't 100% healed from that injury.

Sometimes QBs that start real hot, get figured out, then they fade some. Like RG3. Like Dak Prescott.

The same thing might happen to Mahomes eventually.

Got to wonder how much longer Green Bay coaches are willing to trot a gimpy Rodgers out there if it isn't going to translate into wins. It'd be different if this was December and they were trying to clinch something, but right now they are risking Rodgers so early in the season it could be all for not AND he gets seriously hurt.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, but Watson was putting up Madden numbers.  I haven't really seen him play too much, imagine it is a combo of teams watching tape and him not beign 100% yet.  Wentz wasn't 100% either, he was just healthy enough to play.

There was no way he was gonna sustain those kind of #s. The league figures you out quick. I'm so glad I didn't go in on him in fantasy, I'm happy with my Matt Ryan(300 yards 5 TDs today)and Phil Rivers picks for bargains.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Got to wonder how much longer Green Bay coaches are willing to trot a gimpy Rodgers out there if it isn't going to translate into wins. It'd be different if this was December and they were trying to clinch something, but right now they are risking Rodgers so early in the season it could be all for not AND he gets seriously hurt.

I think if they bench Rodgers until he's fully healthy this team doesn't have a record to make a run for the playoffs, just like when he came back last year (it was too late).  They are losing tie breakers left and right.

Dallas offense is putrid.  I knew people were going to 8 in the box them bammas to death, we will do the same.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Because without him they couldn't beat a college team and they know it.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

There was no way he was gonna sustain those kind of #s. The league figures you out quick. I'm so glad I didn't go in on him in fantasy, I'm happy with my Matt Ryan(300 yards 5 TDs today)and Phil Rivers picks for bargains.

We coulda said the same about Wentz, they both were having outerspace numbers (I know I had both of them and watched both of them go on IR)

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Not to mention in the modern era of the NFL there are just so many ways coaches have schemed up a favorable scheme for young QB's to look good out of the gate.  You give them a good O-line, and speedy skill position players and they produce.  Sometimes it takes awhile for D-Coordinators to find the holes in their game and scheme a counter punch but it usually happens.

So far Wentz is the one guy who's trajectory only went up.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Because without him they couldn't beat a college team and they know it.

Oh I understand how bad they will look without Rodgers, but at 33 (?)....how wise is it to have a serious injury like this hanging in the balance when even *with* Aaron Rodgers the Packers don't even look all that good.  It's bad enough when a serious injury happens out of nowhere, but Rodgers out there with that brace, barely getting up after some plays....as a coach you better be willing to take the blame once he takes a hit and doesn't get up because you can guarantee the media will ask endless questions of why they allowed him out there in that condition for a team that might possible end up .500ish regardless.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wentz did it for a little longer and has a more sustainable style of play. Watson was basically RG3 2.0.

What does that even mean?  Read-Option was figured out years ago, just because a guy is a successful running QB for any length of time doesn't mean they are doing so because a team isn't used to them doing it.  Dude was doing it with his arm and legs, I just don't think he's healthy. 

Point taken on Wentz, but last year was really first time we looked at him as dominant.

Archived