Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

44 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

so uh...i guess It IS possible to retire at halftime after all...bills CB Vontae Davis (brother of Vernon Davis) did so today. LITERALLY. 

I read this...insane.  If what I'm hearing is correct, he basically changed during halftime and said he was done, and left.

Just now, Forehead said:

I read this...insane.  If what I'm hearing is correct, he basically changed during halftime and said he was done, and left.

Yep that’s what I’m reading too. I’m just surprised this didn’t happen to the browns first ?? I’m sure many browns players are thinking “wait, this is actually possible?? I woulda retired at halftime long ago!!!” 

I just heard somebody on the CBS game-break thing say about Carr “he has just completed 17 straight completions”. 

....well....yeah. No ****. As opposed to what..? Completing 17 straight incompletions? :P that was some strange wording 

Contrast the way the Cowboys are calling plays on offense with how the Redskins did.  The Cowboys probably are the one team with WR's that are worse than ours or at least on par....yet you saw a slant pass and a deep TD pass right out of the gate.  Their entire strategy was to attack an get Eli to have to play from behind.

The NFL really needs to eliminate players running 10 yards beyond whatever play they made, to do their celebrating.  I have no issue with celebrating a good play in general. but it's getting beyond stupid when a player gets up, jogs 10 extra yards and then does the celebration. 

I suppose it is because they want to be the only one in the camera shot?

12 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The NFL really needs to eliminate players running 10 yards beyond whatever play they made, to do their celebrating.  I have no issue with celebrating a good play in general. but it's getting beyond stupid when a player gets up, jogs 10 extra yards and then does the celebration. 

I suppose it is because they want to be the only one in the camera shot?

Actually I believe it’s because they don’t want to be called for taunting. If they do it with another teams player facing/nearby, personal foul. 

Archived