Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

Raiders actually doing better then I expected.  With all the bashing they have received over the past week regarding the Mack trade, perhaps Gruden has been able to cultivate that into a shoulder chip and rallying cry.  It might not last beyond tonight, or hell even the first half, but as of right now the Raiders defense looks way better than most people figured.

Also, Goff.......eh, he is looking more like a total product of McVay's QB friendly offense.   

36 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Raiders actually doing better then I expected.  With all the bashing they have received over the past week regarding the Mack trade, perhaps Gruden has been able to cultivate that into a shoulder chip and rallying cry.  It might not last beyond tonight, or hell even the first half, but as of right now the Raiders defense looks way better than most people figured.

Also, Goff.......eh, he is looking more like a total product of McVay's QB friendly offense.   

Pretty easy to have a good defense with Paul guenther, even without Mack :P he’s one of the top DC’s in the league i think, isn’t he?

as for Goff, sure he might be a product of mcvays QB friendly offense (either that or what’s-his-face that used to be their coach was just total dog****, who knows) but i doubt rams fans care WHAT the reason is, if he’s winning them games :) 

i dont get the whole “so-and so is just a product of a QB friendly offense” argument anyway. So what if that’s the case for some guys, if they’re winning games they need to win? ??‍♂️

Watching last night's highlights and reading the stat lines and wow - just

-Darnold's first NFL pass is for a pick six and throws for less than 200 and the Jets still win by 31 - holy ****, Detroit. Stafford pulled a reverse Aaron Rogers.

-Crowell's a ****in' beast  - I know he was one of the few vaguely functioning members of the Cleveland offense over the past few years but he broke all the way out last night

-Raiders fans are gettin' reeeeal nostalgic for 2016 Carr, I reckon

-NFC West is not liking what's going on in LA right now, I reckon - they're gonna have another stellar season, I'm sure

58 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Watching last night's highlights and reading the stat lines and wow - just

-NFC West is not liking what's going on in LA right now, I reckon - they're gonna have another stellar season, I'm sure

Are the Rams that good, or are the Raiders that bad?...(hey, if it's good enough to ask about the Redskins lol)

27 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Are the Rams that good, or are the Raiders that bad?...(hey, if it's good enough to ask about the Redskins lol)

I think that can be asked about the Jets-Lions game, too. The Detroit hung tough in the 1st half but by the 4th quarter, it was all over. Jets lived up to that "New Jack City" nickname they gave themselves by picking off all those Stafford passes.

But like all those other games - it's just week one. Way too early to pass verdicts on any team (apart from maybe the Bills because my God that was horrible)

Archived