Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

54 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Read-Option was figured out years ago, just because a guy is a successful running QB for any length of time doesn't mean they are doing so because a team isn't used to them doing it.  Dude was doing it with his arm and legs, I just don't think he's healthy. 

Read Option has never been "figured out."  A QB who excels at the RPO still has lots of success in the NFL.  However the key the the Read Option working in the NFL is the QB still having his focus on passing the ball as his primary option.  The issue with RG3 was that he relied on the running part of it too much so when a defense schemed to contain his running, it left him having to read defense which is where he failed.

The Read Option or RPO itself is still alive, well, and having success in the NFL.

19 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Read Option has never been "figured out."  A QB who excels at the RPO still has lots of success in the NFL.  However the key the the Read Option working in the NFL is the QB still having his focus on passing the ball as his primary option.  The issue with RG3 was that he relied on the running part of it too much so when a defense schemed to contain his running, it left him having to read defense which is where he failed.

The Read Option or RPO itself is still alive, well, and having success in the NFL.

That does sound better, you can't Read Option or RPO people to death as your first resort.  I never got the feeling that's what was happening with Watson because exactly what you just said.  But when it came out with Griffin that **** was unstoppable even if you saw it coming, not like that anymore.

Eagles will probably get better as the season goes on (I assume) but honestly right now they look to be lacking a lot of the magic, a team has when they have a super bowl run.  They don't look like a "bad" team, but they don't look all that good either. 

Wentz even not being at 100% yet still has that ridiculous escapability.

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Pats are officially declining

Thats what was said last season and even years before that.  I need to see something like a 4-4 start to begin believing that.  

For whatever reason, I get all swept up in early season drama every season.  One would think I should know better and not place bets and/or make rash fantasy decisions until atleast October.

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Thats what was said last season and even years before that.  I need to see something like a 4-4 start to begin believing that.  

For whatever reason, I get all swept up in early season drama every season.  One would think I should know better and not place bets and/or make rash fantasy decisions until atleast October.

I think the difference this year is not the Patriots losing, but how they are losing.

In years past when the Patriots started slow, they still scored bunches of points. The losses seem to be the result of injuries on defense or just getting caught up in shootouts.

This year, though, they are getting beat like a drum on both sides of the ball. First by a legitimate contender in Jacksonville. Then by what's considered a bad team in Detroit, who were blown out by the Jets week 1.

I'm not saying in any way the Patriots are done, but this feels different to a point.

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Pats are officially declining

download.jpeg.43e83224225f29153a884526124eeac0.jpeg

20 hours ago, Destino said:

How is it possible that the lions went 4.5 years without a running back getting a hundred yards in a game?

If Conner MacGregor can be a starting QB for Tampa, anything is possible.

Honestly, from what I've seen over the years, Detroit so happy to have a franchise QB finally they could care less about running the ball. 

Archived