Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

All Day is back.

The Redskins are signing running back Adrian Peterson, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

Around The NFL will have more on this story soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000949610/article/redskins-to-sign-veteran-rb-adrian-peterson

Its a one year deal according to WAPO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/08/20/redskins-to-sign-former-nfl-mvp-adrian-peterson/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5186999e39ac

I'd like to think that his offseason training with Trent Williams played a role in this.  Both with his decision to come here and with Trent being able to offer insights to the coaches about Peterson's ability to still play.

If we didn't have Thompson as a 3rd down back, I'd be way less optimistic.  As it is, I think he'll be able to give enough to be productive without having to rely on him for 30 carries a game.  And I think even at this point in his career, he might offer more speed and better vision than Kelley

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/19/trent-williams-vouches-adrian-peterson/

“I don’t understand the stigma when people get 31, 32, 33 — they somehow just slow down?” Williams said. “You don’t. That’s a gifted athlete, you know? He has a gift. Did Darrell Green ever lose his speed? He didn’t. Some things are just always with you. It’s you, it’s your makeup, it’s your DNA. … So, no, he’s the same athlete that you’re used to seeing.

“He hasn’t slowed down a step.”

DlDSjjyUwAA7QVh.jpeg

We needed to upgrade and we got it. 

I posted in another thread, the FO is doing a sneaky good job. I know a lot of us have hesitation giving them credit, but we wanted an investment in DL and finally got it. We wanted an investment in RB and we got it with Guice and now AP. 

Even with tempered expectations from AP, this move certainly puts some wind back in the sails.

Even at his current state he's still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kelley, and it's not even that close.  I'm glad we signed him, because the sight of Kelley failing again and again to convert key 3rd & 1's and 4th & 1's was going to be too much to bear.

Solid move. Needed some quality depth. Interested to see what the contract is. Doubtful they broke the bank. But AP certainly has something to prove. Only concern for me is his fumbling. He has 42 fumbles in his career, including 3 last yr on just 129 carries and 9 receptions. 

Still I like the signing. 

Archived