Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three little Birds thread, It's gonna be aight. Good ju-ju thread

SWFLSkins

Washington's players said all the right things about poor Alex, his lost season and the impending surgery on his severely damaged leg. But the sentiment that dominated their locker room was hunger, not horror. For every word spoken on Smith's injury there were 10 on the team's confidence in backup quarterback Colt McCoy to take it from here. For every lament over Sunday's lost opportunity there were five eager references to the opportunity still ahead.

And the reason, dear reader, is plain and simple. Washington plays in the NFC East, where no one ever seems to be out of it, no one knows what'll happen from one week to the next and, most importantly, that this team's season is still right in front of it.

"Fired up, ready to go, can't wait for Thursday," cornerback Josh Norman said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25314418/dont-fret-washington-anything-possible-chaotic-nfc-east-nfl-2018

With the way Gruden is calling the offense, McCoy is the better General. He's experience in the system and that system doesn't require him to be bombs away. I don't know why Alex didn't eat this up? He was either restrained (which gruden has debunked) or he just never got comfortable with the talent. McCoy is clearly more comfortable and that should produce some anticipatory throws. So *I* think McCoy is actually the better QB for the last part of the season..a little surprise maybe.

My wife broke both bones in her leg and they metal plated it together..she still isn't even 70% and that was 10 years. I hope sports medicine has improved dramatically. Has any QB come back from a broken leg like this. Joey T surely didn't. 74Mil cap hit for years just rubs salt into the wound..

Here is hoping Sanchez can be a Miracle resurgent. (if they sign him). Good news is the East is pretty lame right now

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

From the Cowboys board:

" I remember that 2005 debacle also! I was about to turn it off late in the 4th because I was sure we were about to shut the 'Skins out. Good ol' Cowboys.

In 2018 though, just like 2014, I'm scared this guy is gonna come "back home" and dash our playoffs again."

Wait....how did colt McCoy “dash their playoffs” in 2014, when that loss put them at 6-2, and they finished the season 12-4...? Do cowboys fans have ANY IQ at all? LOLOL!!!! 

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong but Colt leads the scout team which goes against our 1st team D every week in practice, right?

I'm noticing the defensive players seem to be very confident in Colt, I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I realized they face him on the regular.

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait....how did colt McCoy “dash their playoffs” in 2014, when that loss put them at 6-2, and they finished the season 12-4...? Do cowboys fans have ANY IQ at all? LOLOL!!!! 

My guess is that they meant if the Cowboys had beaten the Skins, they would have been the #1 seed that year, had home field advantage throughout the playoffs and would have had a bye instead of having to play wildcard weekend.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

My guess is that they meant if the Cowboys had beaten the Skins, they would have been the #1 seed that year, had home field advantage throughout the playoffs and would have had a bye instead of having to play wildcard weekend.

well that might be true, but us beating them did not in any way "dash" their playoffs". they can blame that on the thing that DID dash their playoffs, which was the refs calling the Dez Bryant catch incomplete. 

There are a million reasons to pack the bags and write this season off. But Dang if I’m not smitten on our ability to squeeze out 3 or 4 more wins and win the division.

This team believes, is mentally tough, and plays hard. We can stranglehold this division on Thursday. Here is to mustering up as much good JuJu possible to shocking the world on Turkey Day, enjoying a feast, and spreading love and thanks.

Let’s go get it, bring out the broom, and SWEEP the cowturds on National TV🦃🧹🧹

(Alex did not bring his good JuJu on Sunday, poor guy was snakebit with the drops, picks, and gnarly injury.) He deserves as much good JuJu now as anyone, hope he gets well. 

This sure is shaping up to be one of the greatest Thanksgiving days in recent memory..my beloved Redskins are in first place in there division and they play on Thanksgiving...my wife's bears are in first place in there division and they play on Thanksgiving..good juju gravy train with all the trimmings on turkey day folks!!

21 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

This sure is shaping up to be one of the greatest Thanksgiving days in recent memory..my beloved Redskins are in first place in there division and they play on Thanksgiving...my wife's bears are in first place in there division and they play on Thanksgiving..good juju gravy train with all the trimmings on turkey day folks!!

Here’s hoping for a great Turkey Day for the Tater Family. :)

Archived