Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

40 minutes ago, zoony said:

Might as well start playing it before caps games

unless I'm forgetting someone, there are a total of 3 Russian (orlov, ovi, kuzy) on a roster of 22.  Tampa has 4, and neither of them approach Detroit's Red Wall in terms of impact on defining the team and locker room. the only reason that seems like a.lot I s due to general Russian hatred by the likes of Don Cherry and such

1 hour ago, Koala said:

unless I'm forgetting someone, there are a total of 3 Russian (orlov, ovi, kuzy) on a roster of 22.  Tampa has 4, and neither of them approach Detroit's Red Wall in terms of impact on defining the team and locker room. the only reason that seems like a.lot I s due to general Russian hatred by the likes of Don Cherry and such

Jeesus, calm tf down bro

22 minutes ago, Burgold said:

No updates on rounds 2-7? I don't know enough to get excited, but surprised that there's no buzz at all in this thread.

I don’t much follow it because most players outside of round one have very little chance of making an immediate impact in the NHL.

2 minutes ago, zoony said:

Jeesus, calm tf down bro

Dont mind him, he’s the resident Putin lover.

Also, our backup goalie is gonna be a Russian next season, most likely.

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

GMBM sent contract offer to Kempney. Now waiting for a response. Hoping to have an answer on Carlson tonight. 

Drafted Wendell Clark’s son. Drafted Ron Sutter’s son (Daryl’s nephew). Harvard bound goalie. And have Mr Irrelevant!

Any idea of the amount or years for Kempney? He is the most expendable player this off-season and I’d hate to see an overpay for him. 

20 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Any idea of the amount or years for Kempney? He is the most expendable player this off-season and I’d hate to see an overpay for him. 

No idea on term. I think he is a must to re-sign because of his experience and age. Plus he is a perfect compliment for Carlson. 

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

No idea on term. I think he is a must to re-sign because of his experience and age. Plus he is a perfect compliment for Carlson. 

We disagree on Kempney as far as being a must. He was so so in the regular and had a solid playoff run minus the blind backwards pass that led to a goal. 

The order of importance to me:

Wilson

Carlson

Beagle

DSP

Kemney

Also need to plan for Vrana for next off-season. This is not to say Kempney isn’t important, just thinking about how much money they have to spend.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

We disagree on Kempney as far as being a must. He was so so in the regular and had a solid playoff run minus the blind backwards pass that led to a goal. 

Wilson

Carlson

Beagle

DSP

Kemney

Also need to plan for Vrana for next off-season. This is not to say Kempney isn’t important, just thinking about how much money they have to spend.

With the room they have, they can afford to bring them all back and still have some cap room left. I think Beagle is the wild card, as someone might offer him more than we are willing to match. 

3 items shipped from Fanatics yesterday, in 3 separate boxes, from the same shipped my address in Ohio. All three now in Pennsylvania. All three scheduled to be delivered on Thursday by the end of the day. How in the holy hell can it take a week to ship a package from Ohio to Virginia? It could literally be bags carried in that time. Or places in an Amish buggy. It is actually work to make mail go that slow. Effort is required. I ship stuff via FedEx all the time to California, cheapest freight, and it’s there in 3 days. 

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

Wilson

Carlson

Beagle

DSP

Kemney

Kempny was on the #1 pairing of the Stanley Cup winning team. He logged big minutes against top players and helped stabilize Carlson. You are not giving him enough credit. He, along with Carlson and Wilson are our most important FA's. This is from MacLellan's mouth. Beagle has said he will wait and see what $ is left over and DSP should feel blessed to get whatever arbitration will award him with. I think we will get them all and re-sign Orpik for 1yr $2m. 

23 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Kempny was on the #1 pairing of the Stanley Cup winning team. He logged big minutes against top players and helped stabilize Carlson. You are not giving him enough credit. He, along with Carlson and Wilson are our most important FA's. This is from MacLellan's mouth. Beagle has said he will wait and see what $ is left over and DSP should feel blessed to get whatever arbitration will award him with. I think we will get them all and re-sign Orpik for 1yr $2m. 

Carlson and Kempney were not the top pair and Kempney played either the 4th or 5th most minutes for the Caps defensemen in each game of the Final. In at least two games Orpik had more ice time. 

Archived