Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Seeing Doughty's 8 year, $88 million deal makes me feel even better about the Carlson deal. Losing Beagle would be awful, but if he is getting $12 million elsewhere, he can't turn that down and we can't come anywhere close. Boyd did seem ready to accept the challenge of filling his skates. It also means bringing Orpik back should be easy and we'll still have a little wiggle room to bring up prospects and make a deadline trade.

25 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Still not enamoured with bring back Orpik, even at a reduced salary. He’s 38 and while he had a good season, I’d rather roll with a younger player. 

Its either him or Bowery or Jarabek.  Neither of the latter impressed last season.  For a third pair though, I’ll be fine either way.

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Still not enamoured with bring back Orpik, even at a reduced salary. He’s 38 and while he had a good season, I’d rather roll with a younger player. 

He doesn't have to play every game.  Think of him as a safety net if none of the young guys step up.  Yeah, we've got some guys in the pipeline, but none of them is a sure-thing to step up and belong this year, so why not bring Orpik back to take another run at the cup?

So jay beagle to Vancouver for 4 years at 3 mil per. Wish the Caps would have matched. I think they are seriously undervaluing his work on the Faceoff and PK. He would work that puck in the corner on the PK and wind that time off. Also him and DSP has some nice chemistry going. 

I agree with letting Beagle walk for that much.  Good for him, but I think his utility and production, while good, isn't quite to the 3M per year level.  We have other players we need back more.  Tough to replace, but we will have several chances to find someone who can step in.

Giving 11 mil per year to Tavares means they can keep at most two of Mathews, Nylander, and Marner.  And they don't have anywhere near championship defense to begin with.  Tavares plus two with that defense doesn't suddenly propel them to Cup worthy status.  At best, they have a one year window.

4 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Giving 11 mil per year to Tavares means they can keep at most two of Mathews, Nylander, and Marner.  And they don't have anywhere near championship defense to begin with.  Tavares plus two with that defense doesn't suddenly propel them to Cup worthy status.  At best, they have a one year window.

Nah, they won’t hold up in the playoffs.

I still think Washington, Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay beats them pretty easily.

42 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I feel kinda bad for the Wizards-only fans I gotta be honest.

Was just telling my wife this morning about how much the Caps win meant for me as a fan.  My level of "not care" for the Skins/O's/Wizards is at an all-time high.  I'm good.  Like REAAAAALLY good. 

Sucks we lost Beagle.. But, like everyone has said, we couldn't afford him at 3mil per year.. Good for him though, got his cup and now getting paid.. Enjoy your time in Vancouver! I hope they we don't issue a #83 for a couple seasons.. 

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Was just telling my wife this morning about how much the Caps win meant for me as a fan.  My level of "not care" for the Skins/O's/Wizards is at an all-time high.  I'm good.  Like REAAAAALLY good. 

Same.  Like 0 cares if the Nationals make the playoffs.  Don’t expect much from the Redskins, so my level of care for them wasn’t too high anyhow.

Naturally, one of them will have a deep playoff run this season.

Archived