Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: DeAngelo Hall Retiring

NickyJ

He was awfully quiet on the field towards the end of his career with age and injuries, but I think it's fair to say he was our lone competent CB through some pretty dry years. His 2010 games against the Cowboys and Bears will always be his highlight to me.

Wow, didn't realize he came into the league at 20.

One of my favorite Redskins even though his contract ****ed us over in the salary cap bull****.  I hope he sticks around to coach.  Seems to be a hell of a locker room guy.

Wishing DH the best!

He will always be a godsend to me.. Monday Night Football at home start the season against the Cowboys just before half-time takes a fumble back to the end zone...from there the game was over.. and of course the game against Chicago(jay Cutler)who my wife is a big fan of..not Cutler but the ? LOL that was fun

Love D Hall and sad to see him moving on, but I think most of us saw this one coming, and can agree it's best for both parties.

Always comes across as a great guy though, and will surely be missed in the locker room.

Nothing but best wishes for whatever he moves on to.

19 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

He will always be a godsend to me.. Monday Night Football at home start the season against the Cowboys just before half-time takes a fumble back to the end zone...from there the game was over.. and of course the game against Chicago(jay Cutler)who my wife is a big fan of..not Cutler but the ? LOL that was fun

My wife also is a huge Bears  fan, and give her a hard time about that game all the time. 

Not much of a surprise.

Good luck to DHall for whatever he decides to go on with his life. Wouldn't complain much to see him join the Redskins' staff one way or another.

Everything that has been posted online is in BHRBN right now. Still expecting for articles from Keim or the Post to come anytime soon today. So keep an eye over BHRBN, it'll be moving today.

Was glad when they signed him. Wanted him gone after the first 2 yrs. Grew to really like the guy. He grew up a lot while here in Wash. Sad he had to end his career like this, with a few injury riddled seasons. Could be headed to a coaching position. I never thought I would say this say 6 or 7 yrs ago, but he could really be a good influence on these young guys. 

Good luck D Hall!!!!  

Thank you, D Hall!!

You are the definition of "Core Redskin".

I hope the front office can find a role for you with the team.

And I seriously hope you get that Gold Jacket, one way or another!

Yeah not surprising due to the injuries and his age. He made many great plays for us, no doubt. The fumble return for a TD against the eagles to win the division in 2015 comes to mind along with the one against dallas in 2010. And of course the 4 interceptions against cutler :D 

D. Hall has been a staple of the Skins family for 9 years. He was a bit polarizing at times, but overall he did a great job here and was a consummate professional. Great player and locker room leader. It's a shame injuries killed the last 4 years of his career.

I look forward to seeing him as either a coach or analyst. Enjoy retirement, my man.

Funny how things change, there were plenty of moments where people couldn't stand him.  I think people came around though.

1 hour ago, redrobert said:

You Guys think “Ring of Honor” worthy?

Fine player, but I would say no. 

He would be easily one of the most suspect entries.  And there arent many.  I wont say who I think is suspect cuz I dont wanna argue about it.  lol

This is one of does guys I hope we can keep on our team in a role. Let's be honest, DHall was pretty blabla figure when he came in...not a team leader. But as he aged he became a more mature team leader. I really liked how he worked and talked the last couple of years, I think he really became the veteran leader. Because of that I would like to keep him. I think he is a good guy to keep around the team. 

I expect him to either land a job on our team or at Virginia Tech. Best scenario is probally return to VT, coach the DB's for couple of years and then make the move to the Redskins as position coach. 

Always been a fan of DHall. Never sure he lived up to his contract money but many don't. Liked how his character seemed to mature a hell of a lot in his time here. Would be happy if he stuck around the organisation in some capacity.

Mr.Hall,you have been such a great player to watch and root for over the years!!..Thank You for some really great plays for all the years that you were here!!

Ive watched damn near every game that you posted your greatest plays for us thruout your entire career while in burgundy & gold!!..Especially the Bears game..At one point I thought you had put on a Bears jersey the way Cutler kept throwing you the ball all day!!

Always a class act and wish ya all the luck in your new future ahead!!!

HTTR!!!

Most underrated/under-appreciated player of the ES era. I love DHall and I put him on same level as some of our greats from the glory days. He was a money player— very good in big games and at big moments— had a nose for the ball. And he was a gamer for sure. He didn’t have a career worthy of Canton, but I do believe he belongs in the Ring of Honor. Great Redskin. 

Archived