Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

2 hours ago, Bang said:

So act with a little restraint, they have their moment, and get caught on every camera to be tracked down later, individually.

It's a slippery situation, and I think acting with restraint was certainly not something anyone would want to see, it was probably the smart play.

Yeah, I'm willing to at least hope that the reasoning was "Hey, wave at them, take some selfies, shake their hands as they come out.  Get them out peacefully and without further destruction.  And we'll arrest them over the weekend"

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Yeah, I'm willing to at least hope that the reasoning was "Hey, wave at them, take some selfies, shake their hands as they come out.  Get them out peacefully and without further destruction.  And we'll arrest them over the weekend"

Not discounting that there are people who are with them in among the cops. We know this already. After all THEY opened the gates like it was a concert crowd or something.
Root them out. Prosecute them at best, fire them at least.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would have rolled bulldozers over the lot and pitchforked them into garbage trucks for disposal, which is Reason #32,584 why you don't want Dave in charge

But I'm still just furious

Even if this damages/destroys the Rs, I'm furious and don't have anywhere near enough weed to deal with it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The cop that died was apparently a trump supporter....

I forgot his name, but there's a repentant former white supremacist who claimed that his group leaders were encouraging followers to go in to law enforcement so that they could arrest more persons of color in order to get them disenfranchised in states where convicts are not allowed to vote.

4 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Facebook man. I went to see what the blue lives matter folks have to say. They are all blaming Antifa and BLM movements and calling the whole thing a liberal hoax. 

If they are correct, then they have to give Ashli Babbitt a ton of credit for committing to the bit.

First we have this guy:

Man Seen Hanging Off of Ledge During Raid on Senate Says He’s Talking to His Lawyer

Josiah-Colt-via-Win-McNamee_Getty-Images

His name is Josiah Colt, according to Boise-based news outlet KBOI-TV. He said he was consulting with his attorney.

“I love America,” he said in a statement to the outlet. “I love the people, I didn’t hurt anyone and I didn’t cause any damage in the Chamber. I got caught up in the moment and when I saw the door to to the Chamber open, I walked in, hopped down, and sat on the chair. I said my peace then I helped a gentlemen get to safety that was injured then left.”

He claimed to tell other protesters that this was a “sacred place” and to not cause any damage.

“Some of them wanted to trash the place and steal stuff but I told them not to and to leave everything in it’s place,” he said. “We’re still on sacred ground.”

Click on the link for the full article

But then we have this which seems to indicate his fellow rioters didn't feel the same way:

Pro-Trump rioters smeared poop in U.S. Capitol hallways during belligerent attack

They took a dump on the seat of American democracy — literally.

Some of the unhinged pro-Trump rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday defecated inside the historic building and “tracked” their feces in several hallways, the Daily News has learned.

A source close to Sen. Chuck Schumer said staffers to the New York Democrat found out about the fecal fiasco on Thursday.

The vile attackers, whose violent invasion of the Capitol left five people dead, apparently went No. 2 in a bathroom and then smeared their extremist excrement around the building, leaving behind brownish “foot-prints,” the source said.

“It looked like they tracked it around,” said the person.

Click on the link for the full article