Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

21 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Not all of them stormed the Capitol, but it feels like they weren't there for Jesus.  Why were rallies for "Save America" scheduled the same week?  

Basically, I have SOME sympathy for a hypothetical Trumper who went to the rally, but skipped the storming. But very little. 

OK, maybe you do have a limit, somewhere. But you still traveled to DC so that you could stand next to the Proud Boys and peacefully ask the US to ignore a Presidential election and just keep Trump in office anyway. 

The line you shouldn't have crossed, was crossed a month ago. 

Edited by Larry

The Conservative Cult of Victimhood

Many of President Donald Trump’s crooked schemes are so ill-thought that even his intimates cannot take them seriously.

Asking Russia to hack your opponent’s emails during a press conference? Who would do that? He must have been joking!

So it was on January 6.

What Trump was trying to achieve that day was so flat-out delusional as to defy belief.

Trump had gotten it into his head that the vice president could overturn a national vote, kicking the certified tallies back to the states, which could subtract enough legitimate votes on the grounds of fraud to hand the election to Trump. This plan was both illegal and impossible, and Vice President Mike Pence said as much to Trump. But Trump did not quit. His admirers devised a Plan B for him. If Pence would not willingly overturn the 2020 election, then Pence could be strong-armed into doing so.

After the attempted coup, the mood in the pro-Trump world became one of profoundest self-pity. The president’s supporters compare themselves to victims of Stalin’s purges, to the unpersons of George Orwell’s 1984. They watch their Twitter followers disappear as the company closes QAnon accounts, and they feel persecuted. They invoke Martin Niemöller’s famous poem about Nazi Germany: First they came for those who plotted the violent overthrow of the U.S. government, and I said nothing.

Click on the link for more

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Remauro said she’s proud of her political work with communities of all faiths and colors.

“We understand the Holocaust and what and how it happened,” she said. “My grandson is half-Jewish... I studied Judaism when I was younger. I’ve worked with the Jewish community.”

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Some dickhead just walked right by my crane with a huge "white lives matter" sticker on his hard hat.

Gonna go out on a limb and bet he's a trump supporter. 

Not sure how you can so brazenly wear that and not feel self conscious about it in the slightest.

Wait a minute. You’ve got a crane, the very purpose of which is to lift very, very heavy objects high up into the air and release them wherever the operator wants them placed. Wut? Wut? He’s wearing a hard hat after all. j/s

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Wait a minute. You’ve got a crane, the very purpose of which is to lift very, very heavy objects high up into the air and release them wherever the operator wants them placed. Wut? Wut? He’s wearing a hard hat after all. j/s

Maybe @redskinss was taking his bird for a walk?

59 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not real concerned with healing and unifying.  They blew that chance by what occurred last week, not that they actually ever cared about that at all to begin with.  

Plus the call to "heal and unify" is phony anyway, how will it ever be possible as long as right-wing media & cable news overall maintains their current business model?  I don't think CNN or MSNBC are nearly as awful as Fox/OANN/Newsmax (obviously) but they still are somewhat sensationalizing things a lot of the time.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not real concerned with healing and unifying.  They blew that chance by what occurred last week, not that they actually ever cared about that at all to begin with.  

As I stated in another thread, the healing occurs after the cancer has been removed.  We are in the “preparing the patient for surgery” phase.  Healing is a long ways off.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 5

These people are dangerous, continuing to stoke the flames:

Ex-RNC Spokesperson Says ‘The Real Insurrection’ Was the November Election: ‘That Was the Overthrow’

While America recovers from the attack by Donald Trump’s supporters on the U.S. Capitol, Liz Harrington — a former spokesperson for the Republicans National Committee — is claiming that the “real insurrection” happened when the president lost the 2020 election.

The former RNC spokesperson appeared on Newsmax Tuesday, where she complained about the consequences Trump and his backers have seen so far in the aftermath of the mob violence. After denouncing the backlash as “not-American,” Harrington then proclaimed that “the real insurrection…happened on November 4th at about 3:30 in the morning, when all those vote dumps were dropped.”

“That’s when it happened. That was the overthrow,” she said. “That was taking away the agency and the self-government of the American people. And if we allow it to stand, that’s the real crisis here, and that’s who should be disqualified from being the president.”

Harrington concluded by claiming President-Elect Joe Biden is “not a duly-elected president.” Her claims drew no pushback. Newsmax repeatedly attempted to delegitimize Biden’s victory in the weeks after the election, before reluctantly acknowledging his presidency after the electoral college vote was certified.

Click on the link for the full article

It's not hard to see where all these Trump supporters got their anger from in regards to the election:

Left wing and Dems: Gee, I hope Biden wins, but I am not confident at all. I hope turnout surprises and we pull this one off

Right-wing Media:  There is absolutely no way in the universe Trump will ever lose to anyone, especially the worst candidate ever of all time Joe Biden, unless there is massive cheating and stealing being committed.  It's likely going to happen so lets hope Trump wins despite of it.

• Like 1