Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

38 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

This mother ****ing idiot wore his work badge to an insurrection. You can't make up this level of stupid.

It's not going to be so easy to identify the others.  It could be a long and laborious process.  I'm glad notifying their employers will be part of the public's role.

But it will take the public posting of their images with calls for assistance identifying them, following up on leads, confirming their identity, locating them, arresting them, trying them, convicting them, sentencing them, and imprisoning them.

I'll be patient.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

It's not going to be so easy to identify the others.  It could be a long and laborious process.  I'm glad notifying their employers will be part of the public's role.

But it will take the public posting of their images with calls for assistance identifying them, following up on leads, confirming their identity, locating them, arresting them, trying them, convicting them, sentencing them, and imprisoning them.

I'll be patient.

Yeah I've seen a lot of calls to out them all immediately. All these people have friends, relatives and work associates, most of them will be outed by one of those groups eventually.

Shopify takes down Trump’s campaign store

Shopify has taken down e-commerce sites from the Trump Organization and Trump campaign in response to Wednesday’s violence at the US Capitol building, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Both TrumpStore.com and the Trump campaign’s Shop.DonaldJTrump.com, which sold Make America Great Again hats and other merchandise, were both offline Thursday morning. Shopify didn’t immediately reply to a request for comment from The Verge, but a spokesperson told the WSJ that the company’s trust and safety team had determined the president had violated company policy against promoting or supporting violence in his Wednesday comments.

“Shopify does not tolerate actions that incite violence,” the company said in a statement. Actions by the president “violate our Acceptable Use Policy, which prohibits promotion or support of organizations, platforms or people that threaten or condone violence. As a result, we have terminated stores affiliated with President Trump.”

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

This mother ****ing idiot wore his work badge to an insurrection. You can't make up this level of stupid.

I understand a lot of people rob convenience stores while wearing work uniforms with their names on them.  

16 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Indeed. 

Pelosi calls for Trump’s immediate removal from office after deadly riots

Speaker Nancy Pelosi has called on Vice President Mike Pence and the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to immediately remove President Donald Trump from office following the deadly riots at the U.S. Capitol.

"If the vice president and the Cabinet do not act, the Congress may be prepared to move forward with impeachment," Pelosi said.

A Timely Primer on Section 4 of the 25th Amendment

If a majority of the cabinet agrees to remove the President, Pelosi and McConnell could run out the clock till January 20.

I  am deeply grateful to Professor Brian Kalt, who wrote the definitive book on this once-obscure provision of the Constitution. He created this helpful graphic to explain how the 25th Amendment operates.

Kalt-Graphic.png

Here, I wish to break down the logistics. There are currently 15 Cabinet Members who could vote on a 25th Amendment declaration. According to Professor Kalt, acting members should be allowed to vote. Professor Anne Joseph O'Connell disagrees.

The 15 current members are:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin
Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller
Acting Attorney General Jeffrey A. Rosen
Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt
Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue
Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross
Secretary of Labor Eugene Scalia
Secretary of HHS Alex Azar
Secretary of HUD Ben Carson
Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao
Secretary of Energy Dan Brouillette
Secretary of Education Betsy De Vos
Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert Wilkie
Acting Secretary of DHS Chad Wolf

If Vice President Pence, and eight of these fifteen cabinet members, "transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office," then Mike Pence immediately becomes Acting President. Because there is some debate about whether acting cabinet members can vote, it would be safe to have at least 8 confirmed cabinet members vote to remove.

Click on the link for more

Edited by China
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, China said:

Pelosi calls for Trump’s immediate removal from office after deadly riots

Speaker Nancy Pelosi has called on Vice President Mike Pence and the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to immediately remove President Donald Trump from office following the deadly riots at the U.S. Capitol.

"If the vice president and the Cabinet do not act, the Congress may be prepared to move forward with impeachment," Pelosi said.

Right. And the VP and Cabinet will do nothing, so we are left with impeachment, which has nothing to do with the 25th Amendment. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Right. And the VP and Cabinet will do nothing, so we are left with impeachment, which has nothing to do with the 25th Amendment. 

Plus Chao is gone now so that's one fewer cabinet member to work with anyway.