Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Some rotten thoughts. 

Would not be at all surprised if the low readiness of the Capitol Police was directed. 

And I'd be amazed if the people who supposedly removed the US flag and replaced it with a Trump one wasn't shown how to get there by somebody with access. 

• Like 3

Okay. I won't link to it for obvious reasons,but just stumbled upon video of the moment the woman was shot. She was trying to climb through a window on one level of the capitol building when a shot was heard and she fell back to the floor near the stairs. Pretty obvious it was a fatal shot too. 

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can someone explain to me how the 25th amendment applies here?

Well assuming they can get "written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" it will apply.  What we saw today was the President refusing to act.  He was 1) unwilling to make a statement for the insurrectionists to stop the violence and leave the capitol until he was begged and cajoled to do so by his staff, only to make more incendiary comments about stealing the election in his message; 2) sitting in the dining area watching TV coverage and doing nothing and refused to order the National Guard in, until Pence and the governors of MD and VA stepped in, and 3) has been characterized by his staff this evening as "out of his mind."  That's not to mention the fact that he has been derelict in his duties to protect the American people from COVID-19, ignoring it and focusing only on his fantasy of overturning the election, which resulted in him inciting a mob.  

Is that enough for you?

Edited by China
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, China said:

Well assuming they can get "written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" it will apply.

This sentence is what I’m getting at. Do you think we can assume that?

Trump has been an unhinged ****stain his whole Presidency. Nothing happens. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well now the people in power finally had something scare them.  That can be a powerful motivator.  Up until now, they have been safe in their ivory towers.

• Like 6

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Do you think we can assume that?

I think I saw somewhere that Pence would need 8 of 15 cabinet members and subtracting DeVos, Pompeo, and some of the interim members he could conceivably get 9.  The question would be whether they could get two thirds of the house to go along with it, because I believe that would require flipping 68 Republican reps.  So it might be a long shot, but still worth a try, if only to enrage him more and completely drive him off the rails.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, China said:

I think I saw somewhere that Pence would need 8 of 15 cabinet members and subtracting DeVos, Pompeo, and some of the interim members he could conceivably get 9.  The question would be whether they could get two thirds of the house to go along with it, because I believe that would require flipping 68 Republican reps.  So it might be a long shot, but still worth a try, if only to enrage him more and completely drive him off the rails.  

Are you taking bets?

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Are you taking bets?

No way.  First, I don't think Pence has the balls to try it.  It'll be a lot of bluster for the next couple of days and people will give up and say that "he'll be gone in less than 2 weeks anyway."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And that's been my point. More than 2/3 of the cabinet is "acting", therefore, not confirmed. Cabinet members must be confirmed by the Senate to be active members of the cabinet. 

Non-confirmed members don't qualify for ANYTHING.