Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Trey Quinn WR SMU

Wildbunny

Good hands/concentration, pretty sudden in and out of his breaks, nice stop and go move, seems tough (that was a pretty sick stiff arm at :52), not exactly a burner but decent speed. I like what I've seen from him. Given that we really only have 3 guys who we pretty much know will be on the 53 in Doctson, Crowder, and Richardson, I'd give him a semi-decent shot at making it depending on how he looks in camp and preseason.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So the main knock on him, and main reason he slipped in the draft, was that he only produced for 1 year ?

I'm leaning on the belief that the 1 year was no fluke.

Not really because any team that wanted him now could offer him that salary if he'd accept it. I would have thought if trading away Fuller that keeping Bree would suddenly become attractive. It is probably telling that the Redskins have not gone back to that well as they did with Shawn Lavaou (who you would think most would agree is an inferior player albeit at a very needy position vs. a needy position.)

The more I look into this kid,watch highlights and read as much as I can find..I’m thinking he has a real decent shot at being on the 53!!

Theres a couple of guys Un-drafted that I’m kinda pulling for if they pan out but he’s on the top of my list?

HB Blades

Colt Brennen

Chris Nield

Richard Crawford

Bacarri Rambo

Lache Seastrunk

Even Spencer

Keith Marshall

Josh Harvey-Clemons

Now Trey Quinn

Welcome to the the official ES End of Draft Mancrush Group. We meet every year in late April/early May to discuss how you will transform the team and could be the next pro-bowler! And when you ultimately get cut we will be so angry at the team! "You picked him and now you just throw away gold!! What??" 

We will meet again next year about the same time and will completely forget last years crush - get ready to be abandoned like dirty socks - so we can lavish our exorbitant praise on next years crush! So is the life of a 7th rd pick! 

I like Trey Quinn. It certainly is possible that he could make a role for himself. He could finally be that player that does go from 7th rd pick to starter maybe even perennial pro-bowler/top contributor. But may want to put the brakes on just a bit though  :cheers:. History suggests he has a very very hard road ahead of him. If he is still here at the end of the season, chances get better but still are a long shot at being anything more than a role player. Not a bad gig but not exactly game changing. 

36 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

If Crowder returns to form, he will cost $12 million/year to keep, so Quinn (or someone else next year) is going to take the job. 

this is where the Skins FO could start to really show dramatic improvement. Crowder starts to perform and you move him in the middle of this season for draft picks... all with the caveat that someone has/can take his place. 

Reminds me of Cole Beasley.  He seems to run good routes.  Good separation.   Of course you never know anything until camp. There is going to be a lot of competition though.   I am truly shocked by what seems to be really good talent late in the draft.   There is potential here.

23 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Reminds me of Cole Beasley.  He seems to run good routes.  Good separation.   Of course you never know anything until camp. There is going to be a lot of competition though.   I am truly shocked by what seems to be really good talent late in the draft.   There is potential here.

More of a Golden Tate IMO

On 5/6/2018 at 5:44 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

So the main knock on him, and main reason he slipped in the draft, was that he only produced for 1 year ?

I'm leaning on the belief that the 1 year was no fluke.

Not from what I’ve been reading. I’ve tried to not post on this guy because of the hype so many have for him but the knocks on him extend much further then just a one year wonder

The kid came into the college game as the 12th ranked player in high school, five star recruit. He first attended LSU and was a major disappointment. LSU has been struggling to find a QB the past few seasons so he transferred to SMU while he still had some eligibility left. There he played one season opposite of first round pick Courtland Sutton. The belief for this guys production in his one year was that CS demanded double teams and the conference was weak defensively. He had another year of eligibility at SMU but he decided to goto the draft which made people believe he worried his coverage would be tougher the following season without CS and was a bad look

His measurables also worried most people. He’s lacking in explosion, he’s lacking in jumping ability, his speed was average, he’s best suited to play the slot receiver but most people believe he can’t handle defensive coverage at the line of scrimmage so he will be an easy cover.

Yes his stats were great last season, but like most college stats teams don’t put any stock in that. The guy who led the nation in sacks last season went undrafted and we all know how important sacks are in the NFL. So try and look past the stats and understand that all 32 teams didn’t think they were important and passed on him.

Player profiler has his comp as Dwayne Harris, the Giants return man.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/trey-quinn/

Before anyone gets upset with this post let’s remember Tom Brady was a sixth round pick so anything is possible. I’m only posting this to stop the idea that this guy doesn’t have concerns outside of one year wonder. He has many of them and imo will need to show a lot in camp to make the team. I wish him good luck and hope to be surprised

On 5/6/2018 at 6:52 PM, Burgold said:

Not really because any team that wanted him now could offer him that salary if he'd accept it. I would have thought if trading away Fuller that keeping Bree would suddenly become attractive. It is probably telling that the Redskins have not gone back to that well as they did with Shawn Lavaou (who you would think most would agree is an inferior player albeit at a very needy position vs. a needy position.)

What?

14 hours ago, bobandweave said:

I’ve tried to not post on this guy because of the hype so many have for him but the knocks on him extend much further then just a one year wonder

He first attended LSU and was a major disappointment. LSU has been struggling to find a QB the past few seasons so he transferred to SMU while he still had some eligibility left.

Well, didn't you kind of explain why he was a disappointment at LSU, due to the QB situation, so maybe it wasn't on him ?

There he played one season opposite of first round pick Courtland Sutton. The belief for this guys production in his one year was that CS demanded double teams and the conference was weak defensively. He had another year of eligibility at SMU but he decided to goto the draft which made people believe he worried his coverage would be tougher the following season without CS and was a bad look

That doesn’t sound to me like a valid plan.
If he entered the draft early, worried about his flaws being found out by NFL scouts, that certainly would not help him.

If the NFL scouts don’t catch your flaws in your senior year, you will be “found out” early in Training Camp, and not have an NFL career anyway.
Lots of players enter the draft early, but I have never heard of this being the reason. And probably because of what I stated above.It’s not going to help him. NFL coaches are smart enough to spot sub-par NFL talent, early in TC.

His measurables also worried most people. He’s lacking in explosion, he’s lacking in jumping ability, his speed was average,

4.39 is decent speed, isn't it ?

On 5/7/2018 at 3:08 PM, goskins10 said:

HB Blades

Colt Brennen

Chris Nield

Richard Crawford

Bacarri Rambo

Lache Seastrunk

Even Spencer

Keith Marshall

Josh Harvey-Clemons

Now Trey Quinn

People were pisssssed when we let Lache go lol.

@bobandweave

I think it makes sense to temper expectations and to point out that 1 year of production is not the singular knock on him.

However...

1.  Not sure it’s fair to say Quinn left LSU because he was a major disappointment.  He saw the team bring in 3 receivers between 6’3 and 6’6.  He was not the type of receiver the team wanted for their offense (which, incidentally, has drawn criticisms for being ‘archaic’ ).  

2.  He was the beneficiary of Sutton being doubled.  Yes, he was.  But how often would we expect him to be doubled as our slot receiver?

3. Can’t handle defensive coverage at the LOS (so he’ll be an easy cover).  Honestly not sure what this means.  He can’t beat press?  As a slot receiver, he won’t have to of course.  He’s been timed at 4.39 at LSU, mid 4.4 at his pro day, and mid 4.5 at the combine.  For reference, Grant ran a 4.65 at the combine.  He’s also (like Grant, ironically) known as a good route runner with good hands.  

All in all, I think he’s a solid wr prospect, that will likely be limited by his lack of explosion.  On the other hand, I think he has a moderately high floor given his ability to run routes (properly) and catch the ball well.  On the low side, he should offer capable depth and punt return competition; on the high side, I think he can be a quality slot receiver that can play outside in a pinch and become our punt returner.  

Archived