Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Michael Cohen/Trump SDNY Investigation Thread

No Excuses

15 hours ago, twa said:

isn't a campaign finance violation just a fine about twice the value?

assuming found guilty of course

Doesn't it bother you that the President lied about two affairs to the entire nation? In addition to instructing his lawyer to commit a crime? Or does your outrage only apply to liberals? Trump is in big trouble, these things may not take much more time.

Damning article on Trump.  Seems Cohen was done with him after the Helsinki mess.  

“He certainly found Donald Trump as president to be unsuitable to hold the office after Helsinki,”

“He worried about the future of our country with somebody who was aligning himself with Mr. Putin.”

“I know that Mr. Cohen would never accept a pardon from a man that he considers to be both corrupt and a dangerous person in the Oval Office, and he has flatly authorized me to say under no circumstances would he accept a pardon from Mr. Trump,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/cohen-lawyer-lanny-davis-says-his-client-doesnt-want-to-be-dirtied-by-a-presidential-pardon/2018/08/22/871ea524-a600-11e8-a656-943eefab5daf_story.html?utm_term=.600c2254221d

Yeah, I find the notion that Michael Cohen, after being Donald Trump's mob lawyer for decades, was perfectly willing to commit multiple crimes to help him get elected President. 

But that after Helsinki, THEN he decided that it was his patriotic duty to turn on Trump. Because Cohen THEN came to the conclusion that Trump wasn't a good President. 

It wasnt, say, the cops raiding his office and seizing all his records that did it. 

30 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Doesn't it bother you that the President lied about two affairs to the entire nation? In addition to instructing his lawyer to commit a crime? Or does your outrage only apply to liberals? Trump is in big trouble, these things may not take much more time.

Sure it does.....I keep waiting and waiting.

still better than Hillary.

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah, I find the notion that Michael Cohen, after being Donald Trump's mob lawyer for decades, was perfectly willing to commit multiple crimes to help him get elected President. 

But that after Helsinki, THEN he decided that it was his patriotic duty to turn on Trump. Because Cohen THEN came to the conclusion that Trump wasn't a good President. 

It wasnt, say, the cops raiding his office and seizing all his records that did it. 

Right.

Or the multiple signals he sent for help from Trump that were ignored."How could ghe

42 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Question for the lawyers: If Cohen lied shouldn't Trump sue him to clear his name? (I know he wont)

One of the elements of slander is damages. Trump would have to show injury to his reputation and/or earnings. That would be a fun discovery process.

Also, the attorney that Trump usually sent after people with bogus, expensive law suits is Michael Cohen and he's automatically disbarred by pleading guilty to a felony.

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Soooo trump is saying that a jury is part of this mysterious "witch hunt"?

I will say this in a very very mild defense of Trump. I'm fairly certain that they had Cohen nailed to the absolute ****ing wall on any number of charges. Lanny Davis was brought into to mitigate damages. My guess is that Davis said, we'll accept six of the, oh, 165 tax and fraud charges and we'll plead out to the two campaign charges as well. Those campaign charges are the high profile ones and would have been exceedingly difficult to prove as the John Edwards case showed.

There is no question in my mind that the payoffs to the two women were made to assist the campaign and were therefore campaign contributions. I think that's tricky to prove to a jury and it would have been almost impossible to proved that Trump directed them in order to assist the campaign. Intent gets very very complicated here.

28 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I will say this in a very very mild defense of Trump. I'm fairly certain that they had Cohen nailed to the absolute ****ing wall on any number of charges. Lanny Davis was brought into to mitigate damages. My guess is that Davis said, we'll accept six of the, oh, 165 tax and fraud charges and we'll plead out to the two campaign charges as well. Those campaign charges are the high profile ones and would have been exceedingly difficult to prove as the John Edwards case showed.

There is no question in my mind that the payoffs to the two women were made to assist the campaign and were therefore campaign contributions. I think that's tricky to prove to a jury and it would have been almost impossible to proved that Trump directed them in order to assist the campaign. Intent gets very very complicated here.

So they substituted length and breadth for a quick and concise exercise that hopefully accomplishes more in the long run.

I tried this same logic on my wife on our wedding night and she wasn't amused...

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So they substituted length and breadth for a quick and concise exercise that hopefully accomplishes more in the long run.

I tried this same logic on my wife on our wedding night and she wasn't amused...

You should have told her that it's still better than Hillary

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Law and order*

*But only for the crimes I consider crimes!

If it was up to me he would already be impeached, but I can't even get Mueller on board yet :kickcan:

3 minutes ago, twa said:

If it was up to me he would already be impeached, but I can't even get Mueller on board yet :kickcan:

I think Mueller is trying to do a very thorough job so only 25% of our country loses their minds instead of 40%. Serious business taking down a President.

1 hour ago, twa said:

still better than Hillary.

Maybe more entertaining in a perverse way.

Archived