Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be Starting RB in 2018??? (Public Poll)

Renegade7

Who' should be Starting RB in 2018???  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Starting RB in 2018???

• Trade for Le'Veon Bell
    • Draft RB in 1st Round
    • Draft RB in 2nd-7th Round
    • Sign Veteran FA
    • Sign UDFA
    • Trade for Veteran RB (Not Le'Veon Bell)
    • He's already on the Roster
    • IDK, but I know he's not on the Roster

This dude should start, the one who can make a 1st down on 4th inches and run for 15.  I posted the clip below on another thread, to get through the hole on his first run, he actually quickly jumped around the tackle.  Even at 33, I think he's the most athletic RB on the roster aside from Thompson.peterson.thumb.png.a3d17765fb1fa6738a910d41f042da64.png

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This dude should start, the one who can make a 1st down on 4th inches and run for 15.  I posted the clip below on another thread, to get through the hole on his first run, he actually quickly jumped around the tackle.  Even at 33, I think he's the most athletic RB on the roster aside from Thompson.

I think he's more athletic than Thompson. He's a physical freak, that works incredibly hard. I think he HAS to start. If he doesn't I can see the fans revolting. The nice thing about that run was it showed just how much better AP is than everyone else (and I do mean everyone) on the roster at a couple of things. His vision is off the charts. And his ability to jump cut in/around a hole, not just to get into it, but to move guys out of gaps and then go where they were, is better than anyone I've seen, except B. Sanders. And he still has it. I'm not sure if he's as quick as he used to be, but he's so much quicker in/to the hole than anyone else. I'm not sure if he's still a 4.4 flat guy, but he's still fast enough.

We also know he will completely bust his butt working, not just on the field but off the field. I think he'll teach some guys what it means to be a professional and how to prepare.

And even after this, if I'm the F.O., I'm looking at the Waver wire for final cuts. I think we can do better than the depth we have.

Conversation

I like how Bibbs operates in the pass game; can run variety of routes; patience on screens; sells it well; also has done well in protection this summer.

This is all I need to hear about Bibbs as far as him making the roster.  If he is reliable in pass protection, and is a dependable pass catcher, and he is also healthy, he should be a lock to make this team.  Why give the nod to Kelley who is inferior to AP today, has a lower ceiling than Perine for the future, and all three are similar type backs.  Seems like a no brainer. 

The staff is going to make the tough decision, but it's no different than if Guise was around.  No way we keep 5 RBs, so presuming now that AP and Thompson are in, we have 3 guys fighting for two slots.  It seems Bibbs has a lot of support and is really the only guy that fits as a backup to Thompson so if we presume him as the 3rd slot that leaves us Kelley and Perine.

Kelley has consistently been higher on the depth chart than Perine.  He started over him all last year and was projected #2 behind Guice this year.  I think we pretty well know what we have with Rob, not much flash but he has stayed relatively healthy.  Im not ure we know about Perine's upside but we had high hopes based on college.  Hasn't shown much with the skins.  Trouble holding on the the ball initially and kept a bunch of little dings.  Moments of flash, but not nearly enough; hoping for an improvement in year 2.

My thoughts are you keep AP, Perine, Bibbs and Thompson now, but keep a close eye on the cut lists.  I fully expect someone better than Perine is or will be available soon.  I still believe Guice will be the man next year.  I know we need to run the ball to be successful so I hope whoever we keep can get the job done.  HTTR.

On 8/25/2018 at 1:38 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Preseason rushing numbers for #Redskins backs so far.

Rob Kelley: 19att, 42 yds, 2.2 avg.

A- Peterson: 11att, 56 yds, 5.1avg.

Samaje Perine: 8att, 61 yds, 7.6avg.

Kapri Bibbs: 11att, 95 yds, 8.6avg

This says it all. Kelley should be the odd man out.

On 8/25/2018 at 9:53 PM, Morneblade said:

I personally hope we go with AP, *Dude we sign from another team that is better than both Kelley or Perine*, CT and Bibbs.

Interesting idea. Anyone you anticipate will be cut that would fit the bill here? 

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

Yep...  And i'm not sold that we've seen who Perine really is... I think we know who Kelley is.  

If Perine ends up being a flop, we can always pick up some FA that's cut from another team to tide us over until next season when we have a healthy Guice back in the fold.

7 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

This says it all. Kelley should be the odd man out.

Interesting idea. Anyone you anticipate will be cut that would fit the bill here? 

I'd love to have John Kelly (Rams) backing up Thompson and Chris Warren (Raiders) backing up Peterson. I've had my eye on both of those guys for awhile. But they mgiht have been good enough for both the Rams and Raiders to keep them.

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I'd love to have John Kelly (Rams) backing up Thompson and Chris Warren (Raiders) backing up Peterson. I've had my eye on both of those guys for awhile. But they mgiht have been good enough for both the Rams and Raiders to keep them.

Any chance either of them end up on the practice squad?

3 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Any chance either of them end up on the practice squad?

Both guys started out low on the depth charts of both teams, but might have played their way onto the 53 man roster for both teams.

Chris Warren, son of a very good Seattle Seahawks RB, is a 6'2, 250 pound back that can run. Ran a 4.5 at his pro day. Fell under the radar because he got hurt, had a new HC and they tried to move him to TE.

Kelly (my college team, Tenn!) was the air apparent to Alvin Kamara there. Ran for over 1k without a lot of help, and is excellent out of the backfield. He's bigger than Thompson and more durable.

3 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

If Perine ends up being a flop, we can always pick up some FA that's cut from another team to tide us over until next season when we have a healthy Guice back in the fold.

Matt Jones on the bubble apparently. Had three drops in one pre-season game and followed it up with a fumble in the next.... Somehow suspect we won't be dipping into FA for him!

48 minutes ago, illone said:

Something tells me that Perine fumble sealed his fate.  That big run was nice but AP would have scored on that play..

You can't let a 4th string linebacker poke the ball from you man.  #cmanman  

That was an incredible upset by Kellys regardless.  Think he would've won even if Perine didn't fumble because of this game.  Didn't see 2016 coming out of nowhere like that.

It’s a bummer for me because I actually like Perine.  He surprised me quite a few times squeezing through a stacked line last year and this preseason, picking up yardage I didn’t think he would/could.  Showed a decent blend of wiggle and burst and looked pretty natural catching the ball.  The two big complaints I have, the fumbling and getting tripped up too easily are, I believe, correctable.  

With that said, I’ve moved on at this point. Smith really surprised me last night - too late to get a roster spot, but he’s a good PS candidate - I’d like to hold on to Holtz, and Bibbs can probably fill in for Thompson and spell AP.  5 backs just doesn’t make sense.  So, either 4, with Holtz, or carry 3 with (Smith on the PS). 

Archived