Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

If Reed is able to be out there and healthy for 10-12 games to take pressure off the WRs, I think the WR corps will be competent enough.

I dont think Richardson will be the black hole that Pryor was, which will automatically be an upgrade.  But that's not based on anything but hope.

On 4/14/2018 at 1:28 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Actually, truth is, we also won in Seattle because of the clutchness of Brian Quick, just as much as the other factors.

As much as I'd like to attribute it to anyone on our offense, we won because Blair Walsh missed all 3 of his field goals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

As much as I'd like to attribute it to anyone on our offense, we won because Blair Walsh missed all 3 of his field goals.

While that's true, it's also part of the game. How many games have we lost outright because our kicker missed a field goal shorter than an extra point?

• Like 1

I think I'm one of the few who believes they may be OK with their receiving options. It's not a great group but they sure have bigger needs.  Josh Doctson has only had one season, it's crazy not to see the upside he provides.  With a bounce back year from Crowder,  good tight ends when they are on the field, and of course a great weapon in Thompson I see the running game as a much bigger concern.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

While that's true, it's also part of the game. How many games have we lost outright because our kicker missed a field goal shorter than an extra point?

One missed? Part of the game. Two missed? Choking. Three missed? I'd be checking his bank account to see if there's any sudden large deposits.

Edited by NickyJ

14 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

One missed? Part of the game. Two missed? Choking. Three missed? I'd be checking his bank account to see if there's any sudden large deposits.

I for one think the equipment manager should coat all opposing kicker's cleats with bacon grease. If it worked once it may work again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Nobody and I mean Nobody on our corps jumps out at you other than Jordan Reed.  And he can't stay healthy.

That still doesn't explain why you think our WRs are going to "suffer badly" this upcoming season.

You are correct that we don't have a high-caliber WR like an Odell Beckham or Antonio Brown or Julio Jones on the roster, but most teams don't. That doesn't mean our WR corps is going to suffer. With a really good QB like Smith, WRs who may not jump out at you, but do a great  job, and Coach Jay Gruden, who few can argue, does know how to draw up effective pass plays, the Redskins' passing offense can do very well this year.

I'm more worried about the running game than the passing game.

• Like 2

I don’t think the receivers are the kicker...I think the qb play will be the problem Smith isn’t the quarterback that Cousins is which many on this board will be surprised to see but will be shaking their head come wek 6 if our defense isn’t greatly improved from last year under Greg Manusky this entire team is going to struggle but if we have a top ten defense this year we will win our usual 8-9 games but that’s the ceiling for this roster 

9 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Nobody and I mean Nobody on our corps jumps out at you other than Jordan Reed.  And he can't stay healthy.

Name the last Redskins receiver to lay at on a diving catch for a game winner.. doctson will have a killer year book it..

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

With how connected Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder are in Virginia, that cop should be scared ****less right now lol...

Ya that's some ****ed up **** for that pos cop to pull..he didn't even ask Paul his name first question was are you in a gang..and says he's a dealer...note to self..do not drive to the east coast in my 2020 McLaren.... Then again I am very white with bright blue eyes so I would be safe right? Piece of s*** racist state troopers!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I don’t think the receivers are the kicker...I think the qb play will be the problem Smith isn’t the quarterback that Cousins is which many on this board will be surprised to see but will be shaking their head come wek 6 if our defense isn’t greatly improved from last year under Greg Manusky this entire team is going to struggle but if we have a top ten defense this year we will win our usual 8-9 games but that’s the ceiling for this roster 

You sound like my best friend Randy about how Kirk is a much better quarterback than Alex but I don't see it...we have a bunch of talent on the offense..yes Reed is made of glass but when healthy..when lol he's the best in the leauge..idk that Thompson kid is pretty good to and we have a better o line than kc

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I agree with this, in general.  Although, the WRs in the Reid/Smith era weren't really all that great overall.  Top to bottom, this might be the most talent Smith has had at WR in a while.  

On 4/24/2018 at 10:27 AM, Vanguard said:

The receiving corps will struggle bad this year.

Our WR's will be as good as our running game is imo....If we can run the ball effectively I think our WR's are gonna be solid. I have high hopes that Robert Davis is gonna really step up this year and that Smith alone will elevate the passing game with his mobility. The longer he can move around the more time for the WR's to get open and make plays. If I remember right, he bought time on the winning drive against us and found mediocre WR's down field....Richardson, Crowder and Doctson is a group full of potential with a chance to be really good if the TE's hold up and the running game is better. 

14 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our only starting caliber receiver is a fragile RB and an extremely soft broken TE. We have a good QB now that'll help, but if CT and Reed aren't healthy, we've got nothing. Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong. 

The potential is great if we can draft a running back that can play all three downs at any given moment, but Potential does NOT equal Production.

We're asking this team to overachieve again instead of making sure we have the talent to compete.  As usual, my heart and my brain are not on the same page about this.  

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

I agree with this, in general.  Although, the WRs in the Reid/Smith era weren't really all that great overall.  Top to bottom, this might be the most talent Smith has had at WR in a while.  

omg, Tyreek Hill said what's up.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

We're asking this team to overachieve again instead of making sure we have the talent to compete.  As usual, my heart and my brain are not on the same page about this.  

This is a great line and summation of the team, IMO.  

In 2015 and 2016, we had excellent receivers, in 2017, an excellent secondary and pass rush.  I’m afraid we‘re taking a step back again.  Or taking a step or two backwards to move one step forward.  

The silver lining is 1) we get a lot of guys back, 2) some guys surprised last year, and more could this year, and 3) we don’t have many truly weak areas.  So even if we don’t have many/any real strengths, we have more balance across the board.  

That’s what I’m telling myself at least.  

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

omg, Tyreek Hill said what's up.

Did you miss the "top to bottom" part?  I'll take this receiving corps in 2018 over any Smith had in KC, from 1-4.  Hill propped up that whole unit last year.  Albert Wilson, De'Anthony Thomas, DeMarcus Robinson, Chris Conley.  Yeah, even with Hill, I'll take what we're rolling out.  

Hill was good last year, Maclin was good one year, but overall KC WRs have sucked for a long time.

• Like 2