Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

2 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Where was AGG yesterday? Is he still struggling picking up the offense? How is it that Wright an UDFA is getting more reps and targets??

AGG struggling to pick up the offense is interesting. As was profiled on draft day, the guy is a virtuoso at learning

10 hours ago, method man said:

AGG struggling to pick up the offense is interesting. As was profiled on draft day, the guy is a virtuoso at learning

Yeah I find this hard to believe. I'd think its something similar to the type of player he is. He was getting snaps but notice that the guys who got the ball in their hands the most were teh ones who could get YAC - TMac, Gibson, JMC, Wright. The only one who fits the profile is Inman and maybe they don't wnat want to play Inman and AGG because 80% of the plays were TMac, Wright and Inman. So we can guess that Inman is the #2 and Wright is the Slot. So if Inman weren't producing then I'd guess more AGG but until then I think he has to wait. 

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Yeah I find this hard to believe. I'd think its something similar to the type of player he is. He was getting snaps but notice that the guys who got the ball in their hands the most were teh ones who could get YAC - TMac, Gibson, JMC, Wright. The only one who fits the profile is Inman and maybe they don't wnat want to play Inman and AGG because 80% of the plays were TMac, Wright and Inman. So we can guess that Inman is the #2 and Wright is the Slot. So if Inman weren't producing then I'd guess more AGG but until then I think he has to wait. 

I agree on this. The one time we saw AGG get to shine with the ball in his hands, he looked explosive on the reverse

I'd like to see how the TE snaps changes throughout the yeat. Baugh is the guy I have hopes for - mainly because we know the least about him so I can imagine him to become anything. But he only had 9 snaps this last game with no targets. Hopefully is he proves himself as a blocker he'll get more opportunities in the passing game. 

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'd like to see how the TE snaps changes throughout the yeat. Baugh is the guy I have hopes for - mainly because we know the least about him so I can imagine him to become anything. But he only had 9 snaps this last game with no targets. Hopefully is he proves himself as a blocker he'll get more opportunities in the passing game. 

The answer is not on this team. This will be a top 3 need for the team to address, either via picking someone in this deep TE class, trading for someone (maybe you get OJ Howard cheap coming off an Achilles with 1 year left on his deal) or signing someone (Jonnu Smith)

On Terry, looking at the numbers relative to other receivers, if he can stay healthy, he is well on his way to a Pro Bowl and may land an All Pro selection. I expect him to pass some of the names on this list as the team has clearly made a concerted effort to step up his usage the past couple weeks.

On 10/1/2020 at 1:03 PM, KDawg said:

That would be such a good move for both sides. The Pats need a receiver. Literally a receiver. Jones would do great there. 

The Falcons don’t need Julio. Ridley and crew have done well there. 

Smart on all sides.

Don't know if this was said already but Arthur Blank won't commit to Matt Ryan for the future either. Sounds like he wants to break that team up and dump salary? 

Ryan is 35 and a 13 year NFL vet.

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Don't know if this was said already but Arthur Blank won't commit to Matt Ryan for the future either. Sounds like he wants to break that team up and dump salary? 

You're already on the hook for Alex next year so bringing in another cooked QB for 25-30 a year would be the absolute worst idea.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Are we really? That deal is Haynesworthesque. It just never seems to leave. 

Nope. We are finally out of it. It'll be $13M in cap savings. If Atlanta has a shot at Lawrence or Fields, Ryan is hitting the trade block. Stafford may as well and I'd take Stafford because he is 32

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, method man said:

Nope. We are finally out of it. It'll be $13M in cap savings. If Atlanta has a shot at Lawrence or Fields, Ryan is hitting the trade block. Stafford may as well and I'd take Stafford because he is 32

No. We cut him and it costs us 11 million still. We keep him it's 24. 

Ah I see where your 13 came from, but it's still 11 against the books. 

Edited by PartyPosse

42 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm more interested in Julio

One thing is clear about this team, until we get a legit threat at QB the entire progress of this team will remain stunted. Hopefully Allen can at least provide a jolt similar to what Fitzmagic is doing in Miami. No momentum can be gained without the QB position being much, much better....and I know the o-line sucks but a solid QB can even help a bad O-line.