Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

Am I the only one thinking that we’re not losing a whole lot minus Sims? Maybe he’s been banged up but he just hasn’t been flashy so far.

This is actually what I’d like to see. McLaurin, AGG and Wright. Use McLaurin in the slot a little bit. See what we have with the rookies.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Terry is really gonna kill it once he walks from here to KC or some ****.

Management will extend him as soon as they are able to.  They won't let their best offensive weapon leave.  

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If I were him I would threaten suicide.

The way you keep McLaurin around is:

1) Haskins evolves

2) You get a new QB.

I don’t think we’re too far away from being a capable offense. Yes, we are short on talent in many places... but our backs (by committee) are decent. Not great. But decent. Our receivers have some talent and flash, interesting to see what AGG and Wright can do with larger roles.

OL needs some retooling, but that can happen in an offseason. 

The team needs QB sorted heading into the 2021 season and then the QB has to show some ability to lead a team.

Terry doesn’t seem like a guy who runs from a challenge. But... if there’s no hope he’s not going to hang around.

• Like 1

Wright looks like he can have some gem upside to him.  Hopefully we'll try him at PR as Sims Jr. is an East and West runner vs North and South.  I can see B Mitch yelling at the screen every time he catches, hesitates, zig zags, and dives to the ground.

28 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Meanwhile i'm hearing Patriots and Falcons are working on a trade that involves Julio Jones.... rich get richer.

That would be such a good move for both sides. The Pats need a receiver. Literally a receiver. Jones would do great there. 

The Falcons don’t need Julio. Ridley and crew have done well there. 

Smart on all sides.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

That would be such a good move for both sides. The Pats need a receiver. Literally a receiver. Jones would do great there. 

The Falcons don’t need Julio. Ridley and crew have done well there. 

Smart on all sides.

Falcons need to tank. That core was finished after the 2016 chokejob. Its time to nuke and start over.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Falcons need to tank. That core was finished after the 2016 chokejob. Its time to nuke and start over.

Sure do (although I don’t like the idea of tanking... intentionally rebuild using an evaluation period...). But they can do awesome offensively, they will lose any lead in the second half. Now they just need additional assets.

Edited by KDawg

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

In hindsight, wouldn't it have been nice to jump on Hopkins when Houston was shopping him ?

All they got was David Johnson, a 2nd and a 4th, back in March.

We could have offered Derrius Guice, a 2nd and a 3rd, to one-up that. Would have been fine by me.

we didn't have a second, we used it and out 2019 second to trade for a first to get Montez Sweat

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

In hindsight, wouldn't it have been nice to jump on Hopkins when Houston was shopping him ?

We could have offered Derrius Guice, a 2nd and a 3rd, to one-up that. Would have been fine by me.

This fanbase would have lost its mind. "Youre putting the entire offense on APs back? He's so old!" "Guise lead the league in one random stat, just imagine with another 40 tries"

:ols: ah, good times lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Were they shopping him?  I bet not.  Had they shopped around, they certainly would have gotten a better offer.  In fact, I seem to recall reading that RR said that Houston never made it known they were looking to trade Hopkins, or he'd have tried to see if we could make a deal for him.  Seems like Houston received the Arizona offer and accepted it without shopping other teams at all.

3 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Were they shopping him?  I bet not.  Had they shopped around, they certainly would have gotten a better offer.  In fact, I seem to recall reading that RR said that Houston never made it known they were looking to trade Hopkins, or he'd have tried to see if we could make a deal for him.  Seems like Houston received the Arizona offer and accepted it without shopping other teams at all.

Seems a bit odd, doesn't it ?

Does anyone know the back story, on why they jumped at the first offer, even how ridiculously one-sided it was ?

Is O'Brien buddies with someone in the AZ org ? Or does he owe them a favor ?

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well remember it is a 2 year old thread. :)

It was bound to age badly - eventually.

Usually these types of threads are done separately each year.

But I agree. If it's not going to become a new thread, then adjust the old one.

Go Banana Ralph Wiggum GIF - GoBanana RalphWiggum TheSimpsons GIFs

• Like 1