Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

28 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This stuff hasn’t happened in literal years. He’s been stuck in the hell of CLE putting up little production and getting outperformed by his friend Jarvis Landry and hasn’t made a peep. 

The flip side of that is it has been even more years since he has been a pro bowl WR... let alone a top 5 wr.

Just my opinion.  I could very well be wrong. 

I read that the Browns have denied any trade attempts, so this may not have any basis in reality anyway.  

4 hours ago, -JB- said:

We have a lackluster OL at best, a relatively raw & inconsistent QB, no run game, no TE’s & you expect to add OBJ and he’s going to solve our offensive issues?  He’s not solving anything in Cleveland.  Hard pass.  And just because I was defending Robinson vs OBJ doesn’t mean I’m advocating for a trade either.

Person you're responded to literally said nothing about Beckham "solving all issues on offense" if we were to sign him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheShredSkinz said:

U never know when the rebuild turns to contender. Remember when KC flipped it on. 

We have some nice young leaders. The

Tide crew...Haskins, older guys like Kerrigan. RR's situation could bring the team together. Adding a legit threat to that could make for a nice run.

At the same price??

ya. Same price. I’m not paying anything wild for either of them, but it would have to be a better deal for me to take OBJ.

4 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Person you're responded to literally said nothing about Beckham "solving all issues on offense" if we were to sign him.

If he ain’t helping the Browns offense win meaningful games what’s he gonna do in Washington?  What I’m saying is that a quick fix ain’t helping this team catapult into a championship caliber team.  **** like this has been going on for years with fans.  Beat a banged up Eagles team and suddenly we are flying high and ready to make a move to get OBJ to make a run for the money.  Man, sit down!  This roster offensively is without much talent and bringing in OBJ ain’t fixing the issues.  Keep the draft picks and build it the right way for ONCE.

8 hours ago, -JB- said:

If he ain’t helping the Browns offense win meaningful games what’s he gonna do in Washington?  What I’m saying is that a quick fix ain’t helping this team catapult into a championship caliber team.  **** like this has been going on for years with fans.  Beat a banged up Eagles team and suddenly we are flying high and ready to make a move to get OBJ to make a run for the money.  Man, sit down!  This roster offensively is without much talent and bringing in OBJ ain’t fixing the issues.  Keep the draft picks and build it the right way for ONCE.

You’re arguing against something no one is saying though. People want him or someone like him so that we can see if Haskins is the real deal, not because we think it will lead to the promised land. Yeah, a top half of the league OT or OG would be even better, but there aren’t rumors of those being available for potential mid round picks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

You’re arguing against something no one is saying though. People want him or someone like him so that we can see if Haskins is the real deal, not because we think it will lead to the promised land. Yeah, a top half of the league OT or OG would be even better, but there aren’t rumors of those being available for potential mid round picks. 

I’m arguing against somebody like OBJ because Rivera is building a new culture here and that’s not the kind of guy you go out on a limb for during a culture change because it would be same ole same ole for this franchise just throwing away picks for splashy moves.  No thanks.

11 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I’m arguing against somebody like OBJ because Rivera is building a new culture here and that’s not the kind of guy you go out on a limb for during a culture change because it would be same ole same ole for this franchise just throwing away picks for splashy moves.  No thanks.

You last post (that I quoted) was about avoiding the “quick fix” mentality and building properly through draft picks, nothing about OBJ vs the new culture. I was addressing what you said, and explaining why many don’t see it as a typical “splashy move” just throwing away draft picks as a short cut—many see it as a way to help develop Haskins and give him a chance to show he’s got it. Again, we’d pretty much all rather use those same resources on OL help (which doesn’t seem available for the same price for good reason), and I doubt you’d consider that a “splash move” despite the philosophy and end goal being the same—to help Haskins develop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, -JB- said:

Fans are always quick to trade picks but then come draft time they lament the lost opportunities (Sweat trade - most recently).  Plus, we never know how valuable the traded pick will be.  If the WFT (WTF!!!) does poorly as usual the pick selection is high in the specific round.  How many times have we all wished that the team had been able to pick just five slots higher?  If the team goes for Robinson I hope they negotiate his new deal up front and the trade involves a swap of players rather than a draft pick (obviously a player that the team really doesn't need).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MartinC said:

John Kiem reporting we brought in some receivers for workouts today. Don't know who.

Yep.  Will be interesting to see who we sign to the PS.  Bee was let go of on an injury settlement via twitter.  

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep.  Will be interesting to see who we sign to the PS.  Bee was let go of on an injury settlement via twitter.  

Here is who worked out - same group also worked out on Monday. I would guess Butler.

• WR Jeff Badet
  • WR Hakeem Butler
  • WR Quartney Davis (R)
  • WR Dillon Mitchell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Here is who worked out - same group also worked out on Monday. I would guess Butler.

• WR Jeff Badet
  • WR Hakeem Butler
  • WR Quartney Davis (R)
  • WR Dillon Mitchell

Interesting Hakeem Butler was just a 4th round pick in last years draft.  Broke his hand and missed the season & then waived this year by Arizona.  Why not take a flyer out on him he has some potential & great size.

• Like 1

I've come to the conclusion you have to throw out conventional wisdom when it comes to obtaining WR's by trade or in free agency, there aren't enough of them to go around and they have one of the lowest hit rates in the draft so if there's an opportunity then do it, we haven't had a decent core of WR's in 4 years.

15 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Interesting Hakeem Butler was just a 4th round pick in last years draft.  Broke his hand and missed the season & then waived this year by Arizona.  Why not take a flyer out on him he has some potential & great size.

Poor hands and instincts. Game speed is only mediocre as he doesnt have an explosive 1st step or quick feet, while not having the route running to compensate. AGG is a much better prospect.

6 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Poor hands and instincts. Game speed is only mediocre as he doesnt have an explosive 1st step or quick feet, while not having the route running to compensate. AGG is a much better prospect.

I’m well aware but he was also not in a good position in Arizona after they brought in Hopkins especially after breaking his hand.  Very expendable.

58 minutes ago, MartinC said:

• WR Jeff Badet
  • WR Hakeem Butler
  • WR Quartney Davis (R)
  • WR Dillon Mitchell

Thanks Martin C.  :)  Butler would be my guess but not my possible choice.  

18 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

Fans are always quick to trade picks but then come draft time they lament the lost opportunities (Sweat trade - most recently).  Plus, we never know how valuable the traded pick will be.  If the WFT (WTF!!!) does poorly as usual the pick selection is high in the specific round.  How many times have we all wished that the team had been able to pick just five slots higher?  If the team goes for Robinson I hope they negotiate his new deal up front and the trade involves a swap of players rather than a draft pick (obviously a player that the team really doesn't need).

The Sweat trade was always a no brainer. A steal. Second rounders miss so frequently, and twice as often for us. I'd trade 2 second round picks for a 1st rounder every year if I were us, and if that 1st was an edge prospect with elite tools, forget about it. 

Sweat wasn't your regular late 1st round pick. He should have been a top 10 selection but teams had concern over his enlarged heart that actually turned out to be a non-issue because it was measured incorrectly. 

I still can't believe he fell that far. 6.5 sacks in his last 8 games. Sweat has officially arrived. He's missed a few gimmes too in there, he could have had one last Sunday instead of Kerrigan but Wentz ducked it. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda