Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

37 minutes ago, carex said:

if we want to talk trade to Atlanta involving a QB, Haskins to them.  Their QBs are 34 and 39, Haskins is young and on a rookie contract and maybe frees up their first round pick for someone other than a QB

If they win a couple over next 3, they won't get Lawrence or Fields. Could be worth risking a 4th to see for themselves with Haskins

20 hours ago, carex said:

if we want to talk trade to Atlanta involving a QB, Haskins to them.  Their QBs are 34 and 39, Haskins is young and on a rookie contract and maybe frees up their first round pick for someone other than a QB

Skins desperately need a QB of the future so where will he come from and who will it be? The way I see it, how the season plays out is gonna have a lot to do with who comes to DC next year. Some examples:

Sam Darnold: The Jets patience is supposedly wearing very thin with Darnold. If they can get Trevor Lawrence Darnold becomes available.

Cam Newton: How will Cam and BB work over a full season and how much is New England willing to pony up for him? RR could pounce if the situation is right for both sides.

Matt Ryan: Would RR be interested in an aging QB for a couple of seasons? Given the alternatives he just might.

Carson Wentz: Don't laugh, depending on how the Eagles season goes they might make him available. Remember, they drafted Jaylen Hurts in the 2nd round. Wentz is falling out of favor somewhat in Philly but he could easily turn it around given how weak the division is. He makes a lot of money and Philly could decide to cut bait for salary cap reiief. They won a SB with the cheap QB formula. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick: Again, a total stopgap who competes.

Mitch Trubisky: No doubt he'll be gettable if anyone wants him. 

Jameis Winston: I don't see it.

Any of the Niners 3 QB's: They have three and at least 2 should be available. Of the three I like Garapolo the least. I think he sucks. 

Phillip Rivers: No thank you. 

Aaron Rogers: Looks like he will be back in Green Bay given how well they are playing. Before the season you could've considered him a possibility given their drafting of Love.

Nick Foles: This guy has a way of moving around....his Super Bowl win keeps him relevant. 

Gardner Minshew: Only if Jax drafts Lawrence does he become available in my opinion. 

Andy Dalton: Slated to be a free agent after this season. If he plays well filling in for Dak he's gonna have a new home and get paid...Washington would make some sense.

Draft: I get the sense that RR wants to win sooner than later....If Lawrence falls to us we take him but that seems like a roll of the dice right now. 

Kyle Allen: The ball is clearly in his court right now.....

Who'd I miss? Gotta believe next years starting QB is somewhere on this list....and yes, I excluded Dwayne Haskins. 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Carson Wentz: Don't laugh, depending on how the Eagles season goes they might make him available. Remember, they drafted Jaylen Hurts in the 2nd round. Wentz is falling out of favor somewhat in Philly but he could easily turn it around given how weak the division is. He makes a lot of money and Philly could decide to cut bait for salary cap reiief. They won a SB with the cheap QB formula. 

This is how ****ed Philly is. Wentz carries $24ish m cap hit with $40-something m in dead money...no idea how they're going to get under the cap. NO also

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is how ****ed Philly is. Wentz carries $24ish m cap hit with $40-something m in dead money...no idea how they're going to get under the cap. NO also

Well, we know they'll be moving on from Ertz, he'd look good with the RedWolves or whatever we're called next year.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Skins desperately need a QB of the future so where will he come from and who will it be? The way I see it, how the season plays out is gonna have a lot to do with who comes to DC next year. Some examples:

Sam Darnold: The Jets patience is supposedly wearing very thin with Darnold. If they can get Trevor Lawrence Darnold becomes available.

Cam Newton: How will Cam and BB work over a full season and how much is New England willing to pony up for him? RR could pounce if the situation is right for both sides.

Matt Ryan: Would RR be interested in an aging QB for a couple of seasons? Given the alternatives he just might.

Ryan Fitzpatrick: Again, a total stopgap who competes.

Mitch Trubisky: No doubt he'll be gettable if anyone wants him. 

Jameis Winston: I don't see it.

Any of the Niners 3 QB's: They have three and at least 2 should be available. Of the three I like Garapolo the least. I think he sucks. 

Phillip Rivers: No thank you. 

Aaron Rogers: Looks like he will be back in Green Bay given how well they are playing. Before the season you could've considered him a possibility given their drafting of Love.

Nick Foles: This guy has a way of moving around....his Super Bowl win keeps him relevant. 

Gardner Minshew: Only if Jax drafts Lawrence does he become available in my opinion. 

Andy Dalton: Slated to be a free agent after this season. If he plays well filling in for Dak he's gonna have a new home and get paid...Washington would make some sense.

Draft: I get the sense that RR wants to win sooner than later....If Lawrence falls to us we take him but that seems like a roll of the dice right now. 

Kyle Allen: The ball is clearly in his court right now.....

Who'd I miss? Gotta believe next years starting QB is somewhere on this list....and yes, I excluded Dwayne Haskins. 

You are forgetting Stafford. He's the guy I want most. He's younger than Ryan and may be available as well if a new staff decides they want a dual threat type like Fields or Lance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, method man said:

You are forgetting Stafford. He's the guy I want most. He's younger than Ryan and may be available as well if a new staff decides they want a dual threat type like Fields or Lance

Yeah, there's some talk that he could even be dealt before this deadline but I'm guessing that's highly unlikely. I'm so-so on Stafford but I know he's had very little to work with in Detroit...I'd take him.

• Like 1

Arizona is a receiving corp.

San Diego is a receiving corp.

Buffalo is a receiving corp.

When you compare our roster to rosters that have actually acquired and developed talent, all we really have is a WR. Lol 

Matt Ryan and Atlanta is another team that's stacked with weapons. If Ryan can't win with Julio, Ridley, Hooper(before FA), Freeman(when he was good), and Gurley, what do we expect him to do here? 

2 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Arizona is a receiving corp.

San Diego is a receiving corp.

Buffalo is a receiving corp.

When you compare our roster to rosters that have actually acquired and developed talent, all we really have is a WR. Lol 

Matt Ryan and Atlanta is another team that's stacked with weapons. If Ryan can't win with Julio, Ridley, Hooper(before FA), Freeman(when he was good), and Gurley, what do we expect him to do here? 

To be fair... Ryan and Shanahan and the offense had a 28-3 lead on NE in the Super Bowl. The defense and Shanahan helped squander that.

In fact, the offense has been okay over there. Not great. But okay.

The defense has been pretty sad.

• Like 1

I think this is something to really look at in the coming weeks. Record is record, but I'm never big on wins and losses. I want to build a team and from that we need to see development from the young guys week in and week out. One thing I liked about Haskins over the last two years is that we were seeing the young WRs develop. 

Under Cousins, we saw Reed develop at TE and Crowder develop at WR. Maybe I'm missing somebody else but there were a lot of FAs who came in here and a lot of busts.

Last year we saw TMac develop. I wouldn't credit that to any one QB although he caught his first TD pass from Case so I guess you could put it under him. 
But I was impressed because we were seeing Harmon and Sims develop under Haskins last year. 
This year we were seeing Wright develop at WR and Gibson at (pass catching) RB. 
C. Sims also caught some passes from Haskins but I'm nowhere near calling him somewhere along the line of development, especially when he has been passed on the depth chart by TMac, Harmon, Sims, and Wright. I'm almost ready to admit he may just not be that good. 

I don't know who to credit Hullinger's development at TE (or whether to call it that. I mean he caught one pass but he looked good doing it). Was his sole catch from Allen? 

I think that the growth of these guys is something to watch over the next 4 weeks because I'd like to see them continue to get some stats, whether its them making plays off bad passes (ala Haskins) or good passes (ala Allen). But I don't want to see them just getting no targets and showing no ability (ala Smith). 

We need to unearth a quality FA signing at receiver. I’m all for developing the youth movement, but there is no balance. The half arsed moved for Cooper was an attempt at that I guess. WR high in the 2021 draft would look like a luxury at this point.

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think this is something to really look at in the coming weeks. Record is record, but I'm never big on wins and losses. I want to build a team and from that we need to see development from the young guys week in and week out. One thing I liked about Haskins over the last two years is that we were seeing the young WRs develop. 

Under Cousins, we saw Reed develop at TE and Crowder develop at WR. Maybe I'm missing somebody else but there were a lot of FAs who came in here and a lot of busts.

Last year we saw TMac develop. I wouldn't credit that to any one QB although he caught his first TD pass from Case so I guess you could put it under him. 
But I was impressed because we were seeing Harmon and Sims develop under Haskins last year. 
This year we were seeing Wright develop at WR and Gibson at (pass catching) RB. 
C. Sims also caught some passes from Haskins but I'm nowhere near calling him somewhere along the line of development, especially when he has been passed on the depth chart by TMac, Harmon, Sims, and Wright. I'm almost ready to admit he may just not be that good. 

I don't know who to credit Hullinger's development at TE (or whether to call it that. I mean he caught one pass but he looked good doing it). Was his sole catch from Allen? 

I think that the growth of these guys is something to watch over the next 4 weeks because I'd like to see them continue to get some stats, whether its them making plays off bad passes (ala Haskins) or good passes (ala Allen). But I don't want to see them just getting no targets and showing no ability (ala Smith). 

Hemingway. 

I call him Ernest.

Because he's poetry. In motion. 

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We need to unearth a quality FA signing at receiver. I’m all for developing the youth movement, but there is no balance. The half arsed moved for Cooper was an attempt at that I guess. WR high in the 2021 draft would look like a luxury at this point.

It wasn't half-ass. Reports are it was more than the Dallas offer. He just didn't want to come here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It wasn't half-ass. Reports are it was more than the Dallas offer. He just didn't want to come here.

the reports also said our offer worked out less overall after tax, plus we only tabled 20mil in guaranteed money compared to Dallas offering 60mil in guaranteed money.

it was never close.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

How many snaps has Antonio Gandy Golden seen all year? A dozen or so? I don't expect him to be a starter right away, but his lack of PT is somewhat concerning.

58. 18% of offensive snaps.

Wright 129... 40%.

Inman 214. 66%.

McLaurin 308, 92%.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

if im Ron or Kyle.... I'm calling NO and not letting them get off the phone til they tell me what they want for Michael Thomas...

Scherff for Thomas?

Then call the Jets and see if a QB swap would make sense for fresh starts. Darnold for Haskins (and we throw in a 3rd)

We should be considering something. The answer likely doesn’t come via FA, once the top end elite get taken off the market. But we should seriously be exploring trades. Without derailing, clearly the lack of a stable QB situation doesn’t help matters when chasing WR/TEs. You still want players open/accepting of the trade.

A move to a lesser extent, I would go for Curtis Samuel. 

25 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

He is no WR but a hard pass on any Ertz trade talk. He is slower than molasses and makes Jeremy look like a greyhound.

Who’s talking about trading for him? I’d sign him if the Eagles have to release him.