Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

R.Davis, Kidsy, and Steven Sims Jr all shined in 1st preseason game, to varying degrees.

I'm curious what the snap counts were for the WRs.  Seems like they got all they could handle with the real QBs, while Harmon and Rahming, et al, cleaned at the end with Woodrum.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, RandyHolt said:

How many games lost does it make sense for a coach to dial back snaps?

You look at Richardson.  Is Jay planning on 100 targets for him? Or maybe its best he gets half that target load, and let him try and survive the entire year - code for managing his snaps.  Share his load with someone, oh say a rookie that is not ready for full time duty - seems the best of both worlds.

I dont think we have a 100 target guy whose skill and production demands targets.  Certainly not at WR.  We've got a team of complimentary WRs, no studs.  At least not yet.  We'll see what the rookies turn into.  But everybody's gonna get a turn it seems like.  

If Jordan Reed plays all 16 (lol), I can see him getting fed Zach Ertz style.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont think we have a 100 target guy whose skill and production demands targets.  Certainly not at WR.  We've got a team of complimentary WRs, no studs.  At least not yet.  We'll see what the rookies turn into.  But everybody's gonna get a turn it seems like.  

If we feed him that much he wont make it 16. Which is unfortunate cause he could put up 2k if we did. 

We are so trying to stash Harmon on the PS.

It was nice to see Robert Davis get a TD. Which of course always helps pump up how awesome our WR future always looks to me. I wonder if his TD shuffles the depth chart a smidge.  Blown coverage who cares he didn't drop it.

If Josh getting cut is a long shot who is the long shot that bumps him.   Rich Quinn McLaurin are locks. That leaves Sims and Davis. No way it's Harmon, right?  Sorry Quick. 

I want to see more Robert Davis - featured for a drive or 2. That is so not Jay of course. If we see that stuff this year, its OCKOC.

voeyw9hsickwklyykjva

Edited by RandyHolt

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I would not feel comfortable with that.

I used to never think we could stash guys. I think Seastruck was the final one for me before I stopped sweating it every August.

I theorize if you look at when Jay plays guys in preseason it may tip his hand.

Edited by RandyHolt

23 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I used to never think we could stash guys. I think Seastruck was the final one for me before I stopped sweating it every August.

Harmon is unique and I personally would not compare him to Lache.

I've seen multiple boards that had Harmon going as high as the 2nd round.

Of course it varies, but all it takes is one of those teams that ranked him in the 2nd round (or even lower) to grab him.

I would actually bet money we lose him, if we try to stash him.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Harmon is unique and I personally would not compare him to Lache.

I've seen multiple boards that had Harmon going as high as the 2nd round.

Of course it varies, but all it takes is one of those teams that ranked him in the 2nd round (or even lower) to grab him.

I would actually bet money we lose him, if we try to stash him.

Lache was also a 6th.  My theory is Jay will not feature Harmon in preseason if he already knows the plan is to try to stash.   That 2nd round projection reflects upside, which is presumed a ways away since no team took him anywhere near that. The NFL is a win now league.

Anyways, bets on. IIRC if nabbed he would need to placed onto an active roster. Is he going to be ready as a rookie to switch teams the week before the season starts, with a new QB and playbook, terminology and contribute?  That sure seems an awful lot to expect, and risky if he were forced in week 1 because of injuries. That same team also has to forfeit a player they had some interest in, if only waning.

I will say if he is a teams ace, he can contribute right away which makes him much more likely to be nabbed. A teams #5 often is pressed into teams duty.  McLaurin is the one that has no chance to make it to the PS.

i think the guys that get nabbed are more often random ones we didn't see coming. Like Philly nabbing our QB we didn't really give a rats ass about.  Who am I kidding, we miss you Sudsy.

Edited by RandyHolt

21 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Depends on the offer...

how about Trent Williams for AB and a good helmet ?

That wouldn't work, AB refuses to play because he's forced to get a new, theoretically better helmet. Make it Trent for AB plus a bad helmet.

34 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

McLaurin is a modern day Ryan Grant there I said it.

Just more speed and toughness

Ryan Grant did everything extraordinarily okay. If the knock on McLaurin is that he's okay at everything, but even better, then I'm interested in seeing how much better.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

If we are planning on starting Case then I’d like to see him work in this next preseason game with Doctson, Richardson, Mclaurin, Reed and Davis. Have them get on the same page early.

There’s a concept! Have they guys who will play...actually play. Especially if you are a bad team trying to win. This concept is lost on Jay.

• Like 2

I am just hoping most of the 1st & 2nd year WRs find a way to stay healthy this season.  Developing non-superstar skill position players into solid and reliable contributors can be tough enough, but add injuries into the equation and it becomes even more difficult.  Hell, I totally forgot about Quinn, despite liking what I saw from him during his brief moments in the game last season. 

On 8/9/2019 at 8:39 AM, justice98 said:

I’m going to disagree, we don’t know what we have yet.  I think Cam Sims, or Terry McLaurin may turn out to be “thee guy.”

I have hope.  I know hope is a four letter word around here.