Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

24 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Cuz Kirk actually throws it to the WRs.  Even the bad ones.  Laquon Treadwell is getting targets up there.

And Treadwell has been making some catches, maybe Cousins will help Treadwell blossom.  At any rate, my point is Robinson has contributed already.

6 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

It gets worse. Richardson missed practice. As did Crowder for the portion of practice that the media could see. Doctson had tape on the heel of his shoe. Maybe it was toilet paper.

I could, but I won't, go there.

I look for a healthy dose of passing game posse decoys Quick Harris and Floyd. Also known as, Alex Smith's's WR's.

I am still get a laugh out of Jay trying to throw a curve ball at the Saints DC by having Floyd out for the first play.

The toilet paper thing.  ?

I would only disagree with you about it getting worse. Au contraire, mon frere. Sideline these guys and it can only get the same. 

• Like 1

I am surprised there is no discussion here today. When is the last time we had 2 starters not practicing this late in the week. 

Actually, I know why. Alex Smith. We can line up anyone with an eligible number outside and we won't notice a difference.

Sadly, my all in move in DFS failed, as Mo Harris was not the answer last week.

It's not easy to run on Carolina.  Josh Mo and Floyd will lean heavily on Reed and CT to do the heavy lifting once again.  All in on those 2.

Edited by RandyHolt

On 10/8/2018 at 3:17 PM, KillBill26 said:

When you see Michael Thomas tearing it up tonight, remember we could have taken him over doctson. I even remember being linked to him in the weeks leading up to the draft.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2016/3/18/11262178/report-redskins-targeting-wr-michael-thomas

I know hindsight is 20 20 and all that, but man what a difference that would've been.  

That 2016 draft class may be one of the worst this team has ever done. 

The top two picks will be out of the NFL in 2019 and the third pick was traded. 

Thanks Scot

Saints Game - Cooley Grades for the WR's and TE's

Cooley's overall opinion from watching the film on the offense was that guys were open all day and we left a ton of points on off the board, he said don't buy into the narrative that our WR's and TE's aren't open.

Crowder - 80 - Good separator, passes weren't where they needed to be, an A in the passing game but poor at blocking.
PRich - 80 - Great catch, he doesn't look like he's running a 4.3 right now, might be beaten up a bit.
Harris - 70 - Liked big play, could separate better, some miscommunication on some routes.
Reed - 65 - Only in on 60% of our plays, said we need to get him on the field more. Whiffed badly on a block that could have sprung CT.  He needs to get better at not running tempo routes at 75% to 85%, he runs too many of them and it makes it easier for DB's to fall off on other receivers.
VD - 85 - Had a good game blocking, was open several times downfield and the throws weren't made.

Edited by JSSkinz

On 10/11/2018 at 11:26 PM, Playaction2Sanders said:

So what do you call it when we had Garcon, DJax and Crowder and almost all 3 of them going for 1,000 yards a piece a couple years ago?? I'm guessing Gruden had nothing to do with that right??

I’m sure he had something to do with it. I would guess or was 90% McVey though

1 minute ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Charles Davis saying Doctson " Grew up Today" with his 3 for 20 stat line.. I don't know, I don't think any fan of any team would get excited about their 3rd year first round WR whose on pace to break the 200 yard receiving yard season putting up that stat line..

He also had a deep ball called back

Just now, Playaction2Sanders said:

Charles Davis saying Doctson " Grew up Today" with his 3 for 20 stat line.. I don't know, I don't think any fan of any team would get excited about their 3rd year first round WR whose on pace to break the 200 yard receiving yard season putting up that stat line..

Yeah, because he made one catch in traffic. How ****ing sad is that?

8 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

He also had a deep ball called back

and another bomb where the defender grabbed him and then grabbed an arm... shoulda been flagged.

Doctson had a decent game. It'd be nice if it were a stepping stone. Hopefully, it is.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, thebeermonkey said:

I’m sure he had something to do with it. I would guess or was 90% McVey though

8 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Actually I'm going with the QB.

There are 4 parts to this:

1. DJax, Garçon and Crowder were a pretty lethal combination, especially when Reed was also healthy.  They had a lot of talent, which helped all of them

2. McVay was the OC, and had a good plan to use all of them.  He also called plays in 2016.

3. Cousins got them the ball.  

4.Gruden “supervised”

Gruden gets credit for working with McVay,  it it was McVay who worked directly with Kirk, and it was McVay who put together the offense.  

I think the largest amount of credit probably goes to the receivers.  Then McVay and Cousins.  Then Gruden.

• Like 3

Richardson, who is quickly emerging as a leader on offense, told his teammates during the week “I need you. We all need each other.” He realizes how all the pieces work together, including on his touchdown. “I figured when J-Reed came in motion they would match up and they didn’t. I just saw a big hole, so I was like ‘oh alright, I’m just gonna fake ‘em outside and sit in this hole and hopefully Alex sees me.’ I did a little waivin’ and he saw me.”

https://thefandc.radio.com/articles/news/3-and-out-redskins-panthers-post-game-quick-hits

• Like 2

Cooley WR/TE Grades

Reed - 79 - He got more reps this week, made some plays. He's too busy on his choice routes, needs to just run the route, he's making it easier on the defenders by running the choice route the way he does.
VD - 76 - blocking was meh
Sprinkle - 59 - He had 21 plays, not so good, letting the edge free and not sustaining on blocks.
P Rich - 60 - Struggling to get off press coverage, not great at run blocking, dropped the hitch route.
Doctson - 78 - Not really anything too negative or positive, small sample size. 6 targets and 3 catches, blocked well, can block when he wants to. With his speed, he's not threatening anyone deep.
Floyd - No Grade, not enough reps to grade.
Quick - No Grade - 2 catches for two 1st downs, just not enough of a sample size.
Harris - 60 - not an impact, some blocking issues.

If it makes anyone feel better, the Skins are going to have the better WRs and TEs this weekend.  Also, Alex Smith has more passing yards than Dak does, even though Dak has played one more game.  You guys look like the greatest show on turf compared to the Cowboys passing attack.

It's a bit discouraging to hear Russell this morning talk about Jordan Reed and the fact he isn't showing the same burst he had before his injuries.

I guess he's either still not healthy which is why his snap counts are being limited but increased each week, the bottom line is we need the old Reed back, hopefully, that happens soon.