Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

On 10/5/2018 at 5:50 PM, ksun247 said:

Doctson is the SKINS as Perriman was to the RatBirds. Doesn't make many plays and drops too many easy balls. I've seen enough of this dude. I'm no coach or talent evaluator, but in my opinion, he just does not have what it takes to be a WR at this level. Just cut bait!  Also, the WR Coach (Hilliard), I'd be looking at him funny too. SKINS's recent history of developing WR is suspect.  Play Harris, Quick and Floyd. Or bring up someone from the PS to play WR.  

Ask Tana man about Hilliard.

34 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm done with Doctson.  Straight up, just tired of him.  He's the new 50-50, but instead of catching passes it's for seeing the field.

I was thinking as I was reading along here, we should just take a WR in the first round next year.  :ols:  I dunno, but we need a legit #1.  

If anything, i think we should just stay away from WRs in the first round from now on. Wasn’t either Kelly or Thomas first round draft picks? And now Doctson. We should wait until 2nd round this time ?

It's not just the Alex Smith factor, but I see other teams heavily targeting a certain WR, or even a "no name" WR for a game or 2, and then its a different WR the next week. We never seem to do this. I understand our offense is effective with consistently spreading the ball out every week, but it still just seems to be a bit of a unique characteristic of our team. Garcon monster year aside I suppose.

Now, 7 targets to a wideout in 1 game is unheard of.  I think our big 3 are averaging less than 3.5 targets per game.

Prove me wrong, Mo Harris.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If anything, i think we should just stay away from WRs in the first round from now on. Wasn’t either Kelly or Thomas first round draft picks? And now Doctson. We should wait until 2nd round this time ?

They were both first rounders, IIRC.  I can't remember.  I don't want to remember. 

One of the things I find funny about the draft is that everyone says "Oh, you can find value at this position in the 4th round and later, after all look at these players..." which is true.  But you can always find evidence of players in later rounds to support those arguments.  You can find plenty more players who didn't pan out.

The draft is a crap shoot, for sure.  We just seem to be crappier at it when picking receivers.  

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They were both first rounders, IIRC.  I can't remember.  I don't want to remember. 

One of the things I find funny about the draft is that everyone says "Oh, you can find value at this position in the 4th round and later, after all look at these players..." which is true.  But you can always find evidence of players in later rounds to support those arguments.  You can find plenty more players who didn't pan out.

The draft is a crap shoot, for sure.  We just seem to be crappier at it when picking receivers.  

They were 2nd rounders... and we had a completely different group of decision makers and coaches in place.  

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah.  It's odd how no matter the decision makers and coaches we have, the results are typically the same.

lol.   Well we've neglected a lot of key positions in the draft.  Until recently we completely slept on the lines, as well as RB at the top.   I feel like we have better people in place now, the last 2 drafts show us that... by my count EVERY pick in the last 2 seasons is still with the team between active, IR, or PS.   The year before that (one that is believed to have been run by Scot), the only pieces left are Doctson and Ioannidis... 

• Like 1

Our receiving corps is better this year than last year.

And that's about all I'm giving it.

In 2017 Pryor had 20 rec for 240 and a TD

In 2018 Richardson already has 9 for 131 and a TD. Even if he plays in 12 games that equates to about 36 rec, 520 yards and 4 TD. So, even if a slight upgrade, it's an upgrade.

And that's really the only difference. No movement otherwise. Receivers blow.

MO Harris!!! Breakout game against the saints!

MO Harris!! More of the same against the saints!

157 Yards with 2 TD!

15 Yards with 8 drops!

Need to draft a new WR in Round 1, 2, and 3 next year!

Edited by jbird2
jinx avoidance
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Almost seems like the thread title should be changed to "shaping down" with all these injuries and busts and disappointments.

Every time I post in this thread, I am tempted to reply:  No, no it is not shaping up.

Even worse, it always seems like it is clearly regressing. Concussion to Mo. The 2 kids hurt in week 1. Richardson, injured.  Crowder, under performing my expectations (really thought he would become Smith's guy).  We brought in the worst ranked WR for a tryout. And of course, now Doctson injured. All WR stats suck ass. Anyone with a Skin WR rostered on a fantasy team is clearly a bigger homer than me.

How low can we go?  I don't want to know.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

So is Mo Harris the new mancrush in here? 

Stop!:stop:

Say no Mo!!!! 

:nono:

The SECOND someone says someone is a mancrush they start crapping the bed. Don't you dare put that on him. Don't you dare!

SAY NO MO!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I mean...yeah Mo Harris has shown flashes a couple times but what makes anyone think that him being on the field will suddenly make Alex Smith start to pass to our WRs more?

I just want to see him get targets and see if he can do better than 50/50.

44 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I mean...yeah Mo Harris has shown flashes a couple times but what makes anyone think that him being on the field will suddenly make Alex Smith start to pass to our WRs more?

Sure, Alex likes to mix the ball around, but otherwise you probably know the answer to that.

Because Maurice is 6'3.  He can see him.

Edited by RandyHolt

Why is our fanbase the only fanbase that seems to crap on backups before they even get a chance to show what they can do. Why would anyone hate on Mo harris before he even gets a chance to shine. By ES Logic guys like Brady , Antonio Brown (6th round), Richard sherman, Johnny Unitas should have never taken the field. The old Cult of Colt argument is tiresome

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jbird said:

I just want to see him get targets and see if he can do better than 50/50.

That's the problem. The WRs aren't really getting many targets, regardless of who it is. I don't see how replacing Doctson with Mo will suddenly change that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That's the problem. The WRs aren't really getting many targets, regardless of who it is. I don't see how replacing Doctson with Mo will suddenly change that.

There's a lot of truth here. An argument Could be made that with an arsenal of Crowder, CT, and Reed all very good short range targets, why would Smith look anywhere else?. But without some deep tosses, our offense will become much more easily stopped. I get situational playcalls, but c'mon.

2 hours ago, jbird said:

MO Harris!!! Breakout game against the saints!

MO Harris!! More of the same against the saints!

157 Yards with 2 TD!

15 Yards with 8 drops!

Need to draft a new WR in Round 1, 2, and 3 next year!

left guard is more important than WR

Just now, carex said:

left guard is more important than WR

I am being sarcastic.

Right now my draft priorities are:

1. OG

2.WR (Depending on what Sims and Quinn do when/if they come back this year)

3.TE (Depending on if Reed can stay healthy this year)

3.BPA- OLB/S/OL/CB

4. Developmental QB

23 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

There's a lot of truth here. An argument Could be made that with an arsenal of Crowder, CT, and Reed all very good short range targets, why would Smith look anywhere else?. But without some deep tosses, our offense will become much more easily stopped. I get situational playcalls, but c'mon.

Cause our fellas (WR's) are fairly pedestrian and 1 dimensional.

I feel bad for Doc.  Hope he can play and make some plays for us tonight.

When guys with his demeanor produce at a high level, they get praised for their professionalism/work ethic.  But when they don't put up numbers, those guys are seen as not trying hard/don't care about football, etc.  It's probably not fair, but it is what it is.  He's gonna be suiting up for us this season, so all anyone can do is hope he breaks out of it.  

• Like 2