Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Wait...Alex Smith has a troll? Seriously? Wow lol...He doesn't seem like the type of player that would inspire anyone to troll, ever.

Smith has more than two dozen of them.. on SF and KC forums. As I type this, the KC ones are now here, or are gearing up and signing in here to do what they do. They just can't let go.. even with the Mahomes magic. 

I hope the mods are ready and willing to cast them out quickly. They won't wait long before they try to turn this forum into their usual toilet, as they do on their own sewer of a forum. 

thumbs-down-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

5 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Smith has more than two dozen of them.. on SF and KC forums. As I type this, the KC ones are now here, or are gearing up and signing in here to do what they do. They just can't let go.. even with the Mahomes magic. 

I hope the mods are ready and willing to cast them out quickly. They won't wait long before they try to turn this forum into their usual toilet, as they do on their own sewer of a forum. 

thumbs-down-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

One thing you can count on is the mods here cleaning up the trash. Some say it's over moderated and I could not disagree more. The level of garbage on many other message boards makes it intolerable to even try to have a conversation. People get keyboard courage and say some really ignorant things. They will not get very far here.  

The fact that Alex is indeed a nice guy makes it weirder that people are so fired up about his past to trash him especially that they have a brand new toy lightening it up.. I know we got some loud Kirk haters on the board too are they invading the Minny boards?  I am assuming not.

By the way for those who dug the Cooley film reviews, he did a show the other day with Sheehan on his blog.  I'll focus on offense here.

Alex Smith  

Arizona game -- he said B the he goes B + tops

Indy - C grade

GB -- A for the first half, C for the 2nd half but goes he didn't play a lot in the 2nd half so that's a tough way to grade him.

As to the O line he said Rouillier didn't look good at OG last week, Scherff hasn't been himself.  He thinks Jordan Reed might be the key to the season bring the only dude who can beat man coverage.  He doesn't think anyone else in the passing game can regularly beat man coverage.    He thinks Peterson has been a stud making something out of nothing at times.  He thinks the TEs have blocked better so far but Vernon not so much last week.

5 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Dude there must be something going on in your life if you feel the need to act like this. Enjoy the fact you have what looks to be a superstar in the making and move on...

The only thing going on in my life is a desire to share my feelings about my team's former quarterback. He is nice! I like him.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As to the O line he said Rouillier didn't look good at OG last week, Scherff hasn't been himself.  He thinks Jordan Reed might be the key to the season bring the only dude who can beat man coverage.  He doesn't think anyone else in the passing game can regularly beat man coverage.    He thinks Peterson has been a stud making something out of nothing at times.  He thinks the TEs have blocked better so far but Vernon not so much last week.

Wow .. he thought Roullier didnt look good at LG. I thought Roullier-Bergstrom-Scherff > Lauvau-Roullier-Scherff.

Reed - good point, probably the only guy who can beat man (hopefully the INT last week didnt amek Alex hesitant to throw those timing-to a spot on the field type throws). I thought Doctson footwork and route running was supposed to be superb. Disappointed he just doesnt get involved for some reason. Thinking about it more .. Crowder can beat his guy 1 on 1 and has.

TE - have def blocked better so far

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He thinks Jordan Reed might be the key to the season bring the only dude who can beat man coverage.  He doesn't think anyone else in the passing game can regularly beat man coverage.    He thinks Peterson has been a stud making something out of nothing at times.  He thinks the TEs have blocked better so far but Vernon not so much last week.

Jordan Reed is everything to the season with a sprinkle of Richardson over the top. Let all the other skill guys play off those two. As it relates to the passing game. Skins need AP to be good to great 65% of the games. 

Alex’s ability to scramble for first downs on 3rd downs and manageable helps to mitigate what appears to be a weakness at WR. Still learning, but the weapons appear to compliment Alex’s skill set nicely. 

I’m hoping Gruden remains aggressive early in games in regards to passing on first down. Alex is great with anticipatory throws, threading the needle, dump offs—providing receiver to get YAC, buuut it has to be in the 3-10 yard range. Point being, a 3 yard completion is okay on first down, not on 3rd down. In addition, the run game will benefit, as it did against Packers. 

10 hours ago, Califan007 said:

He doesn't seem like the type of player that would inspire anyone to troll, ever.

He also doesn't seem like the type of player to have an obsessive fan base follow him around from team to team, but here we are.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I must say this Alex Smith FanBoy/Hater thing we have come to experience is perplexing.  I can’t quite figure out why one would love or hate Alex Smith.

It's not really that perplexing. Fans of a team with a perennially slightly above average QB tend to grow more and more divided as time goes on. Some blame the slightly above average QB for the team's corresponding performance, and some blame the supporting cast.

Don't you remember the Jason Campbell wars?

1 minute ago, SpacePenguin said:

It's not really that perplexing. Fans of a team with a perennially slightly above average QB tend to grow more and more divided as time goes on. Some blame the slightly above average QB for the team's corresponding performance, and some blame the supporting cast.

Don't you remember the Jason Campbell wars?

I can’t imagine that folks from here went to the Browns and Raiders message boards to follow Campbell’s career or take a dump on it though.

Archived