Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

13 hours ago, bobandweave said:

No but I was. I don’t think that Smith is some elite world beater. I think Alex can make every throw needed, he’s accurate, he can rush and not have me worried he’s gonna get injured, he takes care of the football and he’s a winner. All things I thought about him in December coming to fruition now. 

But then again I’m crazy so ya your right definitely wasn’t every one dancing with that trade lol

It wasn't meant to be a slight towards Alex, I'm indifferent on him, I didn't get excited but I didn't trash the trade either.  I did feel comfortable in knowing he was consistent.

My post was a response to the mentally unbalanced traveling Alex haters.

14 hours ago, goskins10 said:

You missed the point completely. The point that either extreme position is just that extreme and not realistic. The tone was extreme just as you saying it would change greatly is extreme based your original position that you really looked the trade. 

No I just posted my thoughts on where the players are that were involved in the trade today. Has nothing to do with what I thought in December has everything to do with what is happening in October. The fact that you posted some bull**** from January like it still is the same today only shows what your true feelings are. 

All evidence today from the team record, to the teams defensive performance, everything shows that this was not a massive win for the Chiefs. This was then and still is today a great move for the Redskins to have made. I can’t help that your stuck in the past and refuse to admit that feelings today would be different then feelings in January because your biased not me. 

Since you lied the trade from the beginning so even the smallest of success leads you to "see, it was a great trade" to vindicate that position. Your position is I am sure that he has brought a new leadership and solid play without the mistakes of Cousins. The person who wrote it - Mike Jones would likely still write the same thing - citing only 2 halves of good play the rest uninspired, including a complete egg against the Colts - citing the extreme position not mine.

Fake news. You don’t know how Mike Jones feels about this now and to suggest that I lied about anything is just nonsense. Anyone thinking that the Chiefs took the Redskins to the woodshed and abused them in this trade is wrong.

I’m sure that lots of people still think that moving on from Kirk to Alex was a bad move but looking at the trade that went down it hardly seems like the Chiefs won this trade. To me those are two separate things. I’m not saying that they were right to move on from Kirk, I’m saying that giving up Fuller and a third for a starting winning QB today sure looks better then being on the other side. 

It's been 3 games. In terms of comparison to Kirk, Alex's numbers and W/Ls are almost identical to Kirk's after 3 games last year. The positive position will be that the team has the same production for a lot less money. The negative position will be you have to spend a 3rd rd pick, the best slot CB in the league to get 4 yrs older and still get the same results.

The best slot corner in the league is not Kendal Fuller. Not even close. Your opinions about all of this doesn’t make sense and that isn’t the case at all

Profootball focus has Fuller ranked as the 50th best corner in the league today. If you think that’s the mark of the best slot corner you need to watch more football. The Redskins have not one but two corners ranked higher then Fuller today. 

When a team does a trade to me it works best when they trade from an position of strength like the Redskins and Chiefs both did. The Chiefs had Mahomes and didn’t need Alex. The Redskins had Fabian in the wings and didn’t need Fuller. The Redskins also know they got that third round pick back for losing Kirk. So the trade worked for both sides. That’s a hell of a lot different then the bull**** you posted about the Redskins getting screwed 

So jump to any conclusions or change your position "greatly" in such a short time will only be done in the direction of the bias you already had. There have only been 3 games. Not enough to make an extreme evaluation like we "fleeced" Andy Rd ei- which was what I was responding to.

When the Chiefs made that trade no one thought after four games that the Chiefs would have the second worst passing defense in the league today or that Fuller would be the 50th ranked corner in the league after being great here last season. That was not the expectation and that is flat out disappointing for the Chiefs.

If you can’t even admit that then your minds made up about this trade already and I don’t need someone thinking that way telling me that my minds made up when that’s you not me. I would be happy to post that the trade sucked from the Redskins side of things if that’s the truth but it’s not 

My concern about the trade today isn’t that we lost it when we didn’t. My concern about the trade today is that it’s going to look so good for the front office that we are stuck with Bruce Allen for another year. He’s going to get the credit for this and more then anyone involved with the team today I want him fired. Alex doing well and as expected helps Bruce and that I don’t like. I always thought if Alex didn’t work out that it spelled doom for Bruce. So I’ve always allowed my homerism to see a bright side with this no matter what was the outcome

If you actually read the comment instead of ranting, you would see that my point was the article by Mike Jones was just a ridiculous as the person now saying we fleeced Andy Ried. Both are extremes where the facts are in the middle. They have a 3rd rd draft pick and a very good corner - their inability to use him is their problem. We know he can be one of the best slot CBs in the league - he was listed by PFF last year as the #1 slot CB. But we got a very good QB that so far has eerily the same stats as Kirk at this time - including the W/Ls. Hopefully he can finish better with what I see as a much better D than last year - that is if we do not have the same injuries.

In fact, rebuttal two to your rant, I was on record the day of the trade saying that I liked Alex Smith. And if they were not keeping Kirk, Alex was the next best thing. I like Alex and have liked him since he was at SF where he got screwed. What I did not like was Bruce hosing this thing up in terms of Kirk and not getting anything for Kirk once they decided to move on. That has nothing to do with Alex and I said so that day. But let's also be honest here. He has had 2 really great halves, two OK halves where he at least did not give the lead away, and two not so good halves. In fairness the entire team sunk it up against the Colts, including the coaching. But he took responsibility in his pod cast -Those are great. I really like them and him. I posted one the other day. I can see as the bad right now as probably growing pains with a new HC and new offensive system. We will see the next 3 weeks. The records of our 1st 3 opponents is 3-9-1 The next 3 is: 7-4. Will be a good test.

So all your accusations of me being bitter and holding on to the past and the other bull**** is totally made up in your mind. Straight out of the bully handbook - Ignore the actual point - attack and rant supporting your narrative and attempt to discredit (you even employ the current day lazy accusation: fake news).

Based on that, this is my last post on this, and probably to you all together. You really bring very little if any value to these discussions when you go into bully mode with narrative laced rants, attacks, and false accusations. I addressed what was most incorrect. As I said, I will not be responding after this. So have at it.

5 hours ago, bobandweave said:

No I just posted my thoughts on where the players are that were involved in the trade today. Has nothing to do with what I thought in December has everything to do with what is happening in October. The fact that you posted some bull**** from January like it still is the same today only shows what your true feelings are. 

Edit

21 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

If you actually read the comment instead of ranting, you would see that my point was the article by Mike Jones was just a ridiculous as the person now saying we fleeced Andy Ried. Both are extremes where the facts are in the middle.

Wait what? Let’s be real all I said to you was that the article you presented was posted in January 2018 and that I thought the tone wouldn’t be the same if it was written in October 2018. Then you ranted at me Saying I was lying and that you were certain that the author of said article fells the same way.

Sorry if I came at you strong I was not bullying anyone nor want anyone to accuse me of such things but I was responding to you with a different point of view and I admit I was a tad pissed about seeing that you thought I was lying.

You don’t have to agree with my point of view that’s okay with me but I don’t want you to ever think I’m trying to bully you or anyone else like that. I’d respond to more of this disagreement we are having but first please tell me you get what I’m saying. I’m not trying to fight with you to me we are just spitting opinions about the team together as fans.

Can’t we disagree without dropping accusations like you did about me lying and bullying please? If you can’t do that I will block this from happening again. I apologize to anyone else reading what I said and took away a bullying position that was not my intention or desire at all. I’m sorry you took it that way and don’t want others to either 

7 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Wait what? Let’s be real all I said to you was that the article you presented was posted in January 2018 and that I thought the tone wouldn’t be the same if it was written in October 2018. Then you ranted at me Saying I was lying and that you were certain that the author of said article fells the same way.

Sorry if I came at you strong I was not bullying anyone nor want anyone to accuse me of such things but I was responding to you with a different point of view and I admit I was a tad pissed about seeing that you thought I was lying.

You don’t have to agree with my point of view that’s okay with me but I don’t want you to ever think I’m trying to bully you or anyone else like that. I’d respond to more of this disagreement we are having but first please tell me you get what I’m saying. I’m not trying to fight with you to me we are just spitting opinions about the team together as fans.

Can’t we disagree without dropping accusations like you did about me lying and bullying please? If you can’t do that I will block this from happening again. I apologize to anyone else reading what I said and took away a bullying position that was not my intention or desire at all. I’m sorry you took it that way and don’t want others to either 

I could not for the life of me remember calling you or anyone a liar. I just do not do that. So I went back to look. It was a typo - missing a k. Was supposed to be liked. Missing a k became lied. It is fixed now. Sorry for the typo but really when you read the sentence lied does not make sense. But Ok, I might have done the same thing as you, to a point.

I still maintain you missed the entire point. I posted the Mike Jones article not as a representation of my point of view - but as an example of an exaggeration as a contrast to the other end of the extreme spectrum posted by someone else, that we fleeced KC. You stated it would be "greatly" different now after just 3 games and I still contend it would not. If you asked Mike Jones now - reasonable or not - he would stand by his original position. 

But even then my point was never to defend his as I disagreed with him then and disagree now. It was to point out that the extreme positions are pretty much ridiculous. But I also disagree with the idea that we fleeced KC.

Hopefully this clears things up.

8 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I could not for the life of me remember calling you or anyone a liar. I just do not do that. So I went back to look. It was a typo - missing a k. Was supposed to be liked. Missing a k became lied. It is fixed now. Sorry for the typo but really when you read the sentence lied does not make sense. But Ok, I might have done the same thing as you, to a point.

Thanks for clearing that up however I wish that you had addressed the bullying accusation you posted about me sharing my thoughts here. Those weren’t simply a spelling mistake and imo you were wrong to have said that about me. I noticed you didn’t retract that and you should have. You didn’t and that was no mistake so to save the forum from more back and forth I’m blocking you since I can’t assure that won’t happen again. Take care HTTR

52 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Thanks for clearing that up however I wish that you had addressed the bullying accusation you posted about me sharing my thoughts here. Those weren’t simply a spelling mistake and imo you were wrong to have said that about me. I noticed you didn’t retract that and you should have. You didn’t and that was no mistake so to save the forum from more back and forth I’m blocking you since I can’t assure that won’t happen again. Take care HTTR

You were in fact in bully mode in response to what you perceived as being called a liar.  I took ownership of the typo. If you can’t take that ownership I can’t help you.  I tried to clear things Time for NO.  My absolute last post on this.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

was listening to Finlay just now, he said Alex is pushing hard for much more RPOs than they are doing right now.  He is also pushing to let him run more-be on the move.  

ID run RPO much more, especially on first down. This is where Smith can be maximized, short passing game with option to run or pass. 

Wonder how AP is feeling about running out of it these days. I know stats in past elude to him not doing as well in shotgun type runs when comparing Iform. 

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

ID run RPO much more, especially on first down. This is where Smith can be maximized, short passing game with option to run or pass. 

Wonder how AP is feeling about running out of it these days. I know stats in past elude to him not doing as well in shotgun type runs when comparing Iform. 

Finlay seemed to suggest Cavanaugh-Jay have resisted going as heavy as Alex has wanted to do it.  Ditto moving around the pocket and taking off.  I know some here think of RG3 and running is bad but Alex isn't RG3 he's careful on the move.

When we acquire a player I know I tend to think about what is it about said player worried me the most when he was on the other side.  And for me as to Alex its the dual threat-RPO stuff.  Not that's it his only tool in the tool box but I think its his most potent tool.   Tonight would be a good night to showcase that more. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay seemed to suggest Cavanaugh-Jay have resisted going as heavy as Alex has wanted to do it.  Ditto moving around the pocket and taking off.  I know some here think of RG3 and running is bad but Alex isn't RG3 he's careful on the move.

When we acquire a player I know I tend to think about what is it about said player worried me the most when he was on the other side.  And for me as to Alex its the dual threat-RPO stuff.  Not that's it his only tool in the tool box but I think its his most potent tool.   Tonight would be a good night to showcase that more. 

This is where you and me appear to differ on the RPO related stuff. I don’t think he has the speed to be featured as a runner. Meaning, him being able to be LBs to the sideline consistently. His running will be from deceiving the defense, as much as his legs.  I love him as more an instinctual runner: broken plays, no one open, pocket collapsing. 

I haven’t caught the Findlay interview yet, but wonder to what extent Alex is asking RPO stuff to be used. Meaning, him getting more carries or the threat/concept being featured more. What did you catch? 

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

This is where you and me appear to differ on the RPO related stuff. I don’t think he has the speed to be featured as a runner. Meaning, him being able to be LBs to the sideline consistently. His running will be from deceiving the defense, as much as his legs.  I love him as more an instinctual runner: broken plays, no one open, pocket collapsing. 

I haven’t caught the Findlay interview yet, but wonder to what extent Alex is asking RPO stuff to be used. Meaning, him getting more carries or the threat/concept being featured more. What did you catch? 

RPO and RO and QB keeps are all different things.  the RPO rarely involves the QB running the ball.  For example, the Eagles run a lot of RPOs when Foles in playing but he doesn't run much.    Alex supposedly asked Cavanugh and Jay to include more RPOs.   He wants to be on the move more than he is right now in this offense in addition to that.

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

RPO and RO and QB keeps are all different things.  the RPO rarely involves the QB running the ball.  For example, the Eagles run a lot of RPOs when Foles in playing but he doesn't run much.    Alex supposedly asked Cavanugh and Jay to include more RPOs.   He wants to be on the move more than he is right now in this offense in addition to that.

Neither does Wentz. The RPO rarely involves the QB running outside of the true dual threats in league. Not many left these days though. I get it. 

I just was wondering if Findlay was saying Alex wanted to run more, but that’s not the case. I got it. I wouldn’t think it’d be what he’s asking for from OC and Jay. 

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

I just was wondering if Findlay was saying Alex wanted to run more, but that’s not the case. I got it. I wouldn’t think it’d be what he’s asking for from OC and Jay. 

'

Finlay said he wants to run more RPOs.  He also wants to move out of the pocket more.  He also wants to run more.  He said all of it but the emphasis seemed to be on the RPOs or at least that's the impression I got listening to it. 

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

'

Finlay said he wants to run more RPOs.  He also wants to move out of the pocket more.  He also wants to run more.  He said all of it but the emphasis seemed to be on the RPOs or at least that's the impression I got listening to it. 

An underlying story, Jay and Smith coming together on schemes game to game. A fun aspect I look forward to paying attention to. 

Thank for the summary. 

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Saints are awful in pass D. Smith needs a huge game tonight.

Reed needs to pull out his bowl and spoon and just eat all night. Small bites, savory bites, big bites, gnawing at the bone and dipping the shoulder for a first down. 

Then Richardson gets that big one, crowder jukes a guy out of his socks, and Peterson just hammers, hammers, hammers. 

Where is the game thread already? 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Man, I wasn’t going to be the first one to bump this joint up here.

But let’s hope the “winner” finds that “leadership we’ve been needing, better accuracy and deep ball” at some point this season.

He’s a winner 

he has intangibles

the team actually likes him 

he’s handsome 

#Super Bowl 

Archived