Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

Mediocre is a complement. I am with what Cooley was saying on the broadcast, he played very poorly. At one point Cooley thought he should he benched.  He was far though from the only one who played bad tonight.

What upset me the most about his play was the two floaters to Peterson and Thompson which he in effect got both of them hurt. Awful.

Having said that, quarterbacks can have bad games. That's arguably two of them now. However, I think he deserves a larger sample size to see if he bounces back. It's just 4 games. 

Peterson IMO is their best player on offense so when he isn't humming it effects the whole offense, see this game and the Colts game.

This is really bad if you want the team to do well or its really good if you want Bruce gone. 

Alex is like a notch above JAG and we're gonna be in trouble with managing the cap if he doesn't get it together and forces us to cut bait.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I want both which is why this loss doesn’t bother me as much as they used to.  That and coming to grips a few years ago that there is literally nothing I can do to impact the outcomes of these games.

I think it may be one or the other, not sure you can get both.

Well see how it goes, should be interesting one way or another.

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mediocre is a complement. I am with what Cooley was saying on the broadcast, he played very poorly. At one point Cooley thought he should he benched.  He was far though from the only one who played bad tonight.

What upset me the most about his play was the two floaters to Peterson and Thompson which he in effect got both of them hurt. Awful.

Having said that, quarterbacks can have bad games. That's arguably two of them now. However, I think he deserves a larger sample size to see if he bounces back. It's just 4 games. 

Peterson IMO is their best player on offense so when he isn't humming it effects the whole offense, see this game and the Colts game.

What happened to Peterson? I missed some of the 1st and 3rd quarters. Did he get hurt? I saw Bibbs on running plays, and of course CT getting lit up at the goal line.

I’m going to keep harping on this, but I really think, even with the way the opener went, Alex and Jay could have used a lot more work together in game situations in the preseason. 

Playcaller/QB chemistry takes time to develop and I think both of them could have benefited greatly from having a lot more plays under their belts when the results didnÂ’t matter.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I think it may be one or the other, not sure you can get both.

Well see how it goes, should be interesting one way or another.

I know I canÂ’t get both, thatÂ’s why I guess I havenÂ’t so much as had the thought to throw a controller this season.

Perhaps it’s because these results don’t really surprise me in any way.  And if there is any light at the end of the tunnel in big time regime change, that works for me.  I’ve never been so indifferent yet still so interested in the Redskins in my adult life.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He seems to think he dislocated his shoulder.

****!

Oh well, any more first ballot HoF RB's in their early 30's with a ton of tread left on their wheels, that train harder than the guys actually on a team, sitting home somewhere?

Asking for a friend....

Had a bad game, but when your defense gives up touchdowns in what was it 6 out of 8 drives (one ended in a turnover, one ended because the clock mercifully expired) and the opposing team doesn't punt a single time, you need a first ballot hall of famer at QB to even have a chance to win the game. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m going to keep harping on this, but I really think, even with the way the opener went, Alex and Jay could have used a lot more work together in game situations in the preseason. 

Playcaller/QB chemistry takes time to develop and I think both of them could have benefited greatly from having a lot more plays under their belts when the results didnÂ’t matter.

Maybe, but I don't see what that would have to do with Alex accuracy which was pathetic most of tonight.  There's really nothing can do about that, especially if one game he's lighting people up, then next he can't hit the broad side of a barn.  Redskins flip a coin before they come out the tunnel on which one shows up every game, the only person that can do something about that is Jay.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe, but I don't see what that would have to do with Alex accuracy which was pathetic most of tonight.  There's really nothing can do about that, especially if one game he's lighting people up, then next he can't hit the broad side of a barn.  Redskins flip a coin before they come out the tunnel on which one shows up every game, the only person that can do something about that is Jay.

I think Alex is still figuring out Jays offense and he’s late to a lot of things and that’s making him inaccurate. 

I really don't think Alex played any differently tonight than he did in games 1-3 besides the interception, the difference is we could run the ball and didn't give up explosive plays on defense in the other 3 games including the Colts loss.

I'm trying to be totally honest in what I've seen this year.  So far the offense has been dreadful in 12 out of 16 quarters, In those quarters I've seen a QB who doesn't see the field, looks for the bailout and doesn't seem comfortable in the pocket(O line isn't helping).

We have enough data from this season to start calling it what it is, well see if he can get it together.

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I really don't think Alex played any differently tonight than he did in games 1-3 besides the interception, the difference is we could run the ball and didn't give up explosive plays on defense in the other 3 games including the Colts loss.

Spot on.  I haven’t really been impressed with Alex even in the wins.  But tonight he was woefully inaccurate, late and had happy feet.  That interception was god awful, like John Beck style.  I didn’t think he could play that bad.  This is hyperbole, but it would seem as if he rarely gets his read past the line of scrimmage.  

One can can only hope this is growing pains in Grudens offense.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Spot on.  I havenÂ’t really been impressed with Alex even in the wins.  But tonight he was woefully inaccurate, late and had happy feet.  That interception was god awful, like John Beck style.  I didnÂ’t think he could play that bad.  This is hyperbole, but it would seem as if he rarely gets his read past the line of scrimmage.  

One can can only hope this is growing pains in Grudens offense.

Honestly, I think the lack of play time in preseason, and having guys like CT and Reed out much of TC has hurt. It's pretty obvious that he isn't really comfortable with Reed yet, and he is our best  receiver. But I also don't think he's all that comfortable with the offense either. And to add to it, having to play catch up is not Alex's strength.

Right now, we really need to be able to keep things close and run the ball effectively. Jay needs to do a better job with play calling as well.

The only way you win with a guy like Alex Smith at QB is if your team is loaded on offense and stacked on defense. 

We are neither of those things and wonÂ’t be during his tenure here. This is why his signing at that price was another failed decision by the loony toons running the show.

It wouldn’t hurt so bad if we had drafted a young guy to replace him, but we don’t. McCoy only makes sense as a backup if your starter is elite or if you need a veteran presence behind a young QB. What we have is two old, mediocre-at- best QBs.

Sorry to repeat this again fellow Skin's, but I've said all along that we should have gone with McCoy this year and then drafted a QB in the 1st round in 2019. 18m different between Smith and McCoy in salary cap and what do you get at the end of 2018 season 2 more wins tops. 18m this year gets us a 1st class WR and LG, but don't worry we've got Lauvao and Doctson so no need to worry.

HTTR 

Archived