Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

OK, now the only teams who will 'settle' for Kirk are the ones who miss out on Tyrod Taylor and Sam Bradford. Got it.

If you're referencing TD, i'm pretty sure he said that NO teams would be interested in Taylor or Bradford unless it was all about money... 

8 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Florio was reporting today that the market for cousins 'may have cooled'.  I'm not sure I buy what he says here but:

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/kirk-cousins-contract-may-not-be-high-previously-thought?ls=pftvod

You be the judge

He can't really be wrong. If Cousins signs on day one of FA for $29M per year anyone could claim that his value was $30M per year a few weeks ago. 

I am wondering if Cousins might have essentially priced himself out of some teams markets.  That the GM in some team's meeting room is talking tot he owner and coach and saying "We'd like to get Kirk Cousins sure, but there's no way we can afford him.  We need to go for McCarron, or Keenum"

1 minute ago, bedlamVR said:

I cannot see how you can turn and dump on a guy like Case Keenum who did so much for the team and move on to a free agent mercenary like (Kirk Cousins) but hey ho.. 

If they dump all 3 QB's and bring in Cousins, I wonder how the locker room will feel about it.  

9 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

I cannot see how you can turn and dump on a guy like Case Keenum who did so much for the team and move on to a free agent mercenary like (Kirk Cousins) but hey ho.. It does seem to be a popular rumour ... 

Well, you're not a head coach or general manager of a professional football team either.

It would seem that they've concluded that he's not worthy of franchise tagging.  They'd rather cut their losses now than play that kind of dangerous game that another team just played and lost.

19 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

DHall is looking for a job post football plain and simple IMO after his very long, financially prosperous career.   Why not start with the Skins?  And just tout the party line.  Forget being honest.  LOL!

Hall may be the second smartest player in NFL history (behind Kirk Cousins). That dude made a staggering amount of money for a guy who was pretty good, I guess.

He forced his way out of two cities, taking huge chunks of money in both. He then signed a massive contract with the Skins - a year after he signed a massive contract with the Raiders.

Then he somehow transformed himself into a Lifer with a team that has show inexplicable loyalties to the weirdest people over the years.

I would love to know where he ranks in terms of all-time salary for non-quarterbacks. I bet it's very high on the list. I think he received five signing bonuses in his career, and he played on an inflated one year deal with the Skins after his Oakland debacle.

16 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

I cannot see how you can turn and dump on a guy like Case Keenum who did so much for the team and move on to a free agent mercenary like (Kirk Cousins) but hey ho.. It does seem to be a popular rumour ... 

Because I assume everyone on that team is acutely aware of Case Keenum's talents and realize that he played incredibly far above his head last year.

8 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Hall may be the second smartest player in NFL history (behind Kirk Cousins). That dude made a staggering amount of money for a guy who was pretty good, I guess.

He forced his way out of two cities, taking huge chunks of money in both. He then signed a massive contract with the Skins - a year after he signed a massive contract with the Raiders.

He perfected the football version of the Great Rock n Roll Swindle.

34 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If they dump all 3 QB's and bring in Cousins, I wonder how the locker room will feel about it.  

Any FO that is afraid of improving a team because of ‘feelings’ in the locker room will not be successful.  It is a business and players just have to be professional and accept the fact that players come and go.  The FO has to constantly waive, draft, add players until they get the right combination that gets you to the Super Bowl.  They are not doing their job if they didn’t.  Bradford has been injured since he was drafted.  The man is made of glass and you can’t depend on him.  He is like another Jordan Reed.   When Bridgewater injured his leg, it was so serious that a lot of people were wondering if he would even be able to walk.   I would be nervous signing him to a LTD and depending on him when the time to win championships is NOW.  That window closes fast for all teams.  Keenum had one good year under Shurmur who is now gone.  Do you trust him to repeat his performance under a new OC....or do you risk losing the locker room by letting him walk?  Players want to win and if Keenum reverts back to his norm and the Vikings underachieve then players will be upset.  Minnesota has a new OC and will have a new system....the coaches and FO know what they have and what they need far better than any of us.  I think Cousins is very good and could very well reach Brees level and would be an upgrade for the Vikings.  

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

If you go through my history, you'll find I declared him my least favorite Redskins ever in something like 2012.

And the dude's STILL here. He may be here for the rest of our lives.

It's unreal.

I didn't like him much his first several years here. I grew a little more tolerant of him for a few years where he at least seemed a solid locker room guy who was playing hard and doing what was asked of him. The came the late stage, Money for Nothing version. But in his heyday he made a LOT of money as a cover corner who couldn't really cover very well.

41 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

All players are mercenary.  They go where the money is and also take into consideration whether the new system fits them.  Kirk is no different than any other player that left their original team for another.  Only reason why you don’t see many quarterbacks bouncing around is because good ones are so rare that they almost never reach FA.  Redskins are fools for not understanding what they have and the market for the position....and for not signing Cousins after 2015.  They could have had him for $19 million a year for 5 years.  Now look where they are.....SMH.  It’s almost like the Redskins are run by the Three Stooges.

Archived