Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

11 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Ah good choice! I almost choose that when I went to college but chose marketing instead. More creative and strategic freedom. 

What kind of buildings? 

O wait I need to stay on topic. Let me add this to it. What do you think of Redskins using cap space to bring in D help. Like a slot corner. ;)

Well Its only a good choice when the economy is in good shape... I do a little bit of commercial work (fire stations, ice rinks, public aquariums, restaurants and the like) but do mostly high end residential work - homes for people who make a lot more than I do...)

Ha.. well we had a great slot corner but I guess its the price you pay to stay competent at QB...  There are plenty of holes to fill with that cap space but I'm not as pessimistic as many on 18.  If the team can stay healthy... yadda yadda.  Would be nice to get another piece on the D-Line as well in the back field... Quality at WR and RB too please.

20 minutes ago, Mahomes said:

All I can say it's like the woman you divorced gets remarried. No more alimony she's your problem now I am ecstatic. I am full on chiefs homer after 50 years of being a cynical because chiefs fan.. Think about this smith was the 5th thats right the 5th ex sf qb kc got. 5 times and it didn't work with montana. That's why many chief's fans were never going to back alex.

Wasn't Montana's fault, it's a miracle he was able to take that squad to an AFC Championship. Dude was 37 and 38 years old in those two seasons and still was good. 25 starts, 5,400 yards 60% completion rate, 29 TD's and 16 picks. 

Interesting, other than evicerating a Houston team with one of the worst starting QB's and QB performances ever in the playoffs in 2015, the Chiefs haven't won any playoffs games in the past 25 years other than Montana's run to the AFC title game at age 37 in '93. It gets even worse (though I'm sure you already know), other than that win over a totally overmatched and inept Houston team, and a 10-6 squeak by Jay Schreoder's Raiders in 1991 before getting curb stomped by the Bills (after which we ended up curb stomping them, the last moments of glory for my miserable redskins in my lifetime), Joe Montana is the only Chiefs QB to win two consecutive playoff games since Len Dawson lead you guys over the Vikes in IV. 

That's astonishing to me. You've had some great teams over the years. Not a lot of them. But some. Good lord that's depressing. Not as bad as our thorough misery in the 1993-Present era, but gosh, it's odd how after "the drive" schotty seemed to carry a black cloud with him around the NFL, touching and seemingly bringing the curse to the Chiefs, the Chargers and the Redskins after baptising the Browns first (although our incompetent owner insured we never even got the pleasure of a Schotty directed playoff choke by firing him and hiring someone even more incompetent than himself to take over as coach).

2 minutes ago, zoony said:

Is this guy implying something else is going to happen here?

His AVI changed from Bruce Allen's Booze bottle to HTTR.

He also tweeted this afew hours ago.

If an Alex trade can go down yesterday, a Kirk trade can go down today or in the very near future.

7 replies2 retweets10 likes

12 minutes ago, Mahomes said:

I concede to all your points but hunt kelce and hill is an explosive package that smith didnt utilize. Sorry if I offended. I am a syracuse guy and loved art monk if that means anything? And you make the best point your sb run is when qb is on rookie contract its a race against time. See seattle.

No doubt, at Playerprofiler, they rated those guys the 2nd most efficient collection of playmakers in the NFL in 2017. If Mahomes lives up to the hype, you guys could be monsters on offense by 2019 (you need another WR though, unless Conley breaks out and lives up to the athletic measurables). 

1 minute ago, UKskins said:

If an Alex trade can go down yesterday, a Kirk trade can go down today or in the very near future.

Yes please.. Who are we kidding though.. our FO is still in charge aren't they?

3 minutes ago, UKskins said:

We better get a pick and a defensive player back

8 minutes ago, BruceAllenIsFootballGenius said:

No mahomes has never played. He will struggle this season. Sorry no playoffs for chiefs next season. Redskins however time will tell.

Maybe. Maybe not. Mahomes will have Hunt to take pressure off of him, the best TE in the league not named Gronk, and an elite game changer in Hill. I think they have a competent line, but not positive there. Everything is in place on offense for him to lead the Chiefs back. Raiders are a mess, Broncos are a mess, and the Chargers always find a way to miss a game winning field goal. Division belongs to the chiefs for now, if the Broncos get Cousins though, could be the Broncos division (and yes, the Chargers, other than Rivers, are the best set up for the long term, more young talent on defense and offense than any other team in the West). 

And again, Mahomes is damn good, as far as prospects go. Just raw, but with that talent, he could go somewhere. Remember it is a QB's league, BUT, we still saw QB's named Keenum, Bortles, and Foles starting on Championship weekend. If there is enough talent in place around a QB, sometimes it doesn't matter, and there's nobody out there that thinks Mahomes, in terms of talent, is a Foles, Bortles or Keenum type. He's seen as a guy with monster, monster upside. Just a guy that will mistakes considering how raw he is, and in the AFC, where the best teams have QB's in their 40's or approaching their 40's, and then a bunch of garbage (see the Titans actually making the playoffs after pulling a 1996 Norv Turner Special) other than the Jags who lack a QB. Plenty of room for the Chiefs to make more mistakes and still kill it in 2018, and bear in mind, they lost Eric Berry for the year before the season had even really started, already have Peters, and now got Fuller thanks to the idiocy of our completely incompetent F.O. So the secondary should be legit as well even as the front seven may have aged a bit. 

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

id rather go 3-13 with ponder and continue building our defense than 8-8 with Alex smith.

I laugh when I read fans writing stuff like this ^^

It's so easy to say you are happy to go 3-13 when it's January. :)

When September and the regular season gets here, you will feel quite differently.  

1 hour ago, Mahomes said:

RB - Kareem Hunt > Rob Kelley
WR - Tyreek Hill > Josh Doctson
WR - Chris Conley = Jamison Crowder
WR - Albert Wilson > Ryan Grant
TE - Travis Kelce > Jordan Reed

LT - Eric Fisher < Trent Williams
LG - Bryan Witzmann = Arie Kouandj
OC - Mitch Morse > Chase Roullier
RG - LDT = Brandon Scherff
RT - Mitchell Schwartz > Morgan Moses

Good luck alex

I’m confused at this point. Chiefs fans are coming here to talk **** about their quarterback that they wanted gone anyways? You all should seem happy. You guys are obsessed about a Pat Mahomes QB that nobody knows who is unproven but won one meaningless game. Like being the first QB drafted by the Chiefs to win a game in 30 years means anything at all. RG won his first game he started, so did Kirk. That is the dumbest stat I’ve ever read. Once Khalil Mack and Von Miller eat your precious QB alive and he starts throwing INTs like all rookies do and goes 7-9 at best you’ll wish you never got rid of Alex.

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

I laugh when I read fans writing stuff like this ^^

It's so easy to say you are happy to go 3-13 when it's January. :)

When September and the regular season gets here, you will feel quite differently.  

Nah, that's just same ol' same ol' as we use to say :ols:

Hopefully, there won't be anything new for today, so I can get some sleep after getting a huge boatload of articles to post in BRBN that you should all have read by now (check page 2!)

I just added the latests ones so I should be fine and will only be late for a few of them.

Go read BRBN!

I can't believe the number of people so upset about losing Fuller.  I'm pretty sure at training camp time no one was sure he'd be good enough.  And even if he did play well last yer we've had plenty of guys who flash for one year.  But because the Skins decided to let him go, oh he's the teams best CB blah blah blah

10 hours ago, purbeast said:

Who knows ... but we'll never know because the Redskins never even made contact with Cousins since the end of the season.

It's more ineptitude after ineptitude with this team.

At this point I almost feel like I want to watch games next season to root against the Redskins.

it's only slightly more than the guarenteed money we offered him last yeat, so we do know.  He would not have taken it

21 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Wasn't Montana's fault, it's a miracle he was able to take that squad to an AFC Championship. Dude was 37 and 38 years old in those two seasons and still was good. 25 starts, 5,400 yards 60% completion rate, 29 TD's and 16 picks. 

Interesting, other than evicerating a Houston team with one of the worst starting QB's and QB performances ever in the playoffs in 2015, the Chiefs haven't won any playoffs games in the past 25 years other than Montana's run to the AFC title game at age 37 in '93. It gets even worse (though I'm sure you already know), other than that win over a totally overmatched and inept Houston team, and a 10-6 squeak by Jay Schreoder's Raiders in 1991 before getting curb stomped by the Bills (after which we ended up curb stomping them, the last moments of glory for my miserable redskins in my lifetime), Joe Montana is the only Chiefs QB to win two consecutive playoff games since Len Dawson lead you guys over the Vikes in IV. 

That's astonishing to me. You've had some great teams over the years. Not a lot of them. But some. Good lord that's depressing. Not as bad as our thorough misery in the 1993-Present era, but gosh, it's odd how after "the drive" schotty seemed to carry a black cloud with him around the NFL, touching and seemingly bringing the curse to the Chiefs, the Chargers and the Redskins after baptising the Browns first (although our incompetent owner insured we never even got the pleasure of a Schotty directed playoff choke by firing him and hiring someone even more incompetent than himself to take over as coach).

Very insightful. And thats not even half the anguish. 12 yrs old waiting to eat xmas dinner only to lose the longest game in history. Only 4 times have +18 point leads been blown in the playoffs. 2 by the chiefs. We pass on marino for todd fricking blackledge.gunther cunningham a hc found out he was fired on the internet before fb and twitter. You forgot to mention our inside lb killing himself in the parking lot. Shall I go on?

Archived