Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'll be a huge Pats fan for the super bowl

CTskin

As a Redskins fan, which team would you rather see win the Super Bowl?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya going with?

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

If it's Boys and Girls club or HS or even college, OK. But in pro sports, if you don't like having the score run up then stop them. Too many cases of last minute miraculous comebacks. Also, you don't think the subs will be trying to score even harder?

That Gibbs-Belichick game was 45-0 with 6 minutes left in the game. Bill kept Brady in and kept throwing it. I hardly think we would’ve “miraculously” come back in that game.

3 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

That Gibbs-Belichick game was 45-0 with 6 minutes left in the game. Bill kept Brady in and kept throwing it. I hardly think we would’ve “miraculously” come back in that game.

I was watching the game and remember it vividly. I could care less. I wasn't pissed then and I am not going to cry about it now. You don't like them scoring ****ing man up and stop them. It's really that simple. I hate the Pats just about as much as anyone but not for that game.

Not going to continue to address this. I am not changing my mind and I am sure others are not either. It's Ok to disagree.

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I was watching the game and remember it vividly. I could care less. I wasn't pissed then and I am not going to cry about it now. You don't like them scoring ****ing man up and stop them. It's really that simple. I hate the Pats just about as much as anyone but not for that game.

Not going to continue to address this. I am not changing my mind and I am sure others are not either. It's Ok to disagree.

I don’t think I was pissed either. Probably a little miffed at the time. Ancient history for me too. I guess I’m more like Gibbs.

And I wasn’t trying to change your mind. Just adrressing the miraculous.

Sure, it’s Ok to disagree. I’m not out to win the internets.

We’re cool! :) 

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

Sad thing is that we won't have the chance to return the favor. By the time we will be relevant again Bellicheat and his minions will be long gone.

In all seriousness, is this the worst possible scenario for this offseason? In our world we are contemplating a downgrade at the QB spot and have a lot of holes on what is a .500 team. We are about to have a Superbowl champion that will either be an example of a franchise our's will never be that has been caught cheating numerous times or a division foe where the only bragging rights we have is that they haven't won a title. 

What is worse? I don't know and that's a personal preference. Realistically with the way this season has went whichever you dislike the most is exactly what you should expect. 

2 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

I remember watching this and thinking that if I was the coach, Sean Taylor or Laron would blitz every play until Brady came out or was decapitated.

Actually, Brady did come out after throwing a TD pass with 9 mins to go.

Read contents of link at your own peril:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007102810/2007/REG8/redskins@patriots#tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

If we're ever up 45-0 against the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants, I still want us to keep running up the score (maybe not risking the starting QB).

Oh and if it's against the Bears I want us to run it up to 74-0.

46 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

I remember watching this and thinking that if I was the coach, Sean Taylor or Laron would blitz every play until Brady came out or was decapitated.

Yeah that's the correct move when the other team tries to run up the score. 

Apparently Brady was chasing stats: (9:09) 12-T.Brady pass short left to 83-W.Welker for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. NE 12-Brady 30th TD pass of season, 2nd Patriot ever with 30+ TD passes in a season. Extends his NFL record to 8 games to start the season with 3+ TD passes. NE 32nd 1st down of game, ties team record (at Buffalo 12/11/05) NE 12-Brady finishes the game with a passer rating of 125.5. Has had a passer rating of 100+ in all 8 games this season.

But after he went out, Matt Cassel got a TD in his only drive... when the other team's backup QB is scoring on you in garbage time, the problem is you not the other team.  Unless you are asking them to just kneel and punt with nine minutes left.

2 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

Actually, Brady did come out after throwing a TD pass with 9 mins to go.

Read contents of link at your own peril:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007102810/2007/REG8/redskins@patriots#tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Shhh.  How dare you expose the truth that deflates the Patriot hate around here (yes, pun is intended).  They are just evil cheaters is the company line we have to stand by in these parts.  

Eagles wins it means the following 

1 - No more jokes about eagles having no SB rings

2- Having to hear it from Eagles fans all of next year 

3 - Living with the fact that since the Skins last won a Super Bowl EVERY NFC EAST TEAM has won one

Having the Pats win means

1- status quo 

2 -Patriots fans get to say they have 6 SB victories instead of 5.

Go Pats

•  

Patriots and Tom Brady are the best thing to happen to the NFL and represent (mostly) the best about professionalism, excellence and work ethic.  The deflategate was bull**** anyway, and so we have the videotaping, which we're to believe led a team to win 5 SBs and go to..what is it 8 since 2001. They aren't dominated (besides Brady) by a bunch of stars or "Triplets" it's been a team effort, even on defense for ages.  They should be the least hated dynasty of all time.

They also give someone for the losers to both hate and aspire to.

That 2007 game vs the Pats.......remember in the post-game presser, Larry Weisman asked about why the Pats went for it on 4th down (during the drive led by Matt Cassel where they scored a TD to make it 52-0), and Belichick sneered "what did you want us to do, kick a field goal?"

But what pissed me off was hearing some Skins players being interviewed the week before the game and were saying "Even if we lose, we'll still be 4-3." WTF was that? With the attitude, they deserved the beatdown the Pats gave them.

And I was at the Skins-Pats game at Foxboro in 2015 where Belichick called an onside kick with 9 minutes left in the first quarter up 7-0......lol!

2 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

Patriots and Tom Brady are the best thing to happen to the NFL and represent (mostly) the best about professionalism, excellence and work ethic.  The deflategate was bull**** anyway, and so we have the videotaping, which we're to believe led a team to win 5 SBs and go to..what is it 8 since 2001. They aren't dominated (besides Brady) by a bunch of stars or "Triplets" it's been a team effort, even on defense for ages.  They should be the least hated dynasty of all time.

What has always gotten me about the videotaping is that it was completely LEGAL to do what the Pats did; the problem was not that teams couldn't tape signals, but WHERE they could tape from.  A memo was sent out in the 2007 preseason to all teams because there were MANY teams that were doing exactly what the Pats were doing. Spygate wasn't about the taping, but where their camera was set up and doing the taping. The real issue that created the Spygate monster wasn't the Pats, but Goodell, because he destroyed the tapes after they were turned over to the league and reviewed.

Then, there were all sorts of accusations being thrown around that they had illegally taped practices of other teams.  Rumors coming out of the woodwork and unnamed sources were everywhere. Accusations with no merit, and, again, mostly not because of the actions of the Pats, but because Goodell took the tapes and destroyed them, and the fans of other teams were just convinced that the tapes were destroyed to cover up something.  Next thing you know, rumors that they won their SB's because of taping starting being created in some of the most sensational ways.  The freaking senator from Pennsylvania, Arlen Spector, tried to make it a congressional issue to investigate because he then blamed the Eagles loss in the SB to the Pats illegally taping the team's practices (not one single shred of evidence was ever found to support this). He made claims that Goodell told him as much in not so many words, something Goodell and other league officials vehemently denied.  Then an unnamed source told a BSPN reporter that the Pats had recorded the Rams before their SB game (BSPN later retracted it, but only offered one blurb about the retraction on an early morning edition of SportsCenter). Even Mangini, who was the HC of the Jets when this went down, came out afterwards and said he regretted turning them in because it was turned into something so huge that really wasn't. 

Yet, people still act like there were thousands of tapes of all the other teams' playbooks and practices that were illegal and gave the team some huge, overpowering advantage.  The truth is that outside of the Pats and Goodell, no one really knows what was on the tapes.  Everything else has been pure speculation that has been spun into facts in the minds of those who want to hate the Pats or that just go off of all this misinformation that has been spun on sports talk radio over and over.  I remember Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL back in the day saying that he was tired of correcting people and he was just going to give up.  People were going to believe what they want to believe, facts be damned.  He was so right.

11 hours ago, FrFan said:

Sad thing is that we won't have the chance to return the favor. By the time we will be relevant again Bellicheat and his minions will be long gone.

Who knows, the next time we play the patriots is in 2019. We don’t know what we’ll look like by that year. My guess is bill and Brady will still be in New England in 2019. If we’re a good team by then, who’s to say we can’t give them a good game and beat them? Doesn’t have to be a beatdown, as long as we win, that’s all I’d care about :) 

i mean, you do realize we ALMOST beat them in 2011 with Rex grossman at QB??? And if it wasn’t for receivers hurting cousins with drops in 2015 all day that might have been a good game too.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Who knows, the next time we play the patriots is in 2019. We don’t know what we’ll look like by that year. My guess is bill and Brady will still be in New England in 2019. If we’re a good team by then, who’s to say we can’t give them a good game and beat them? Doesn’t have to be a beatdown, as long as we win, that’s all I’d care about :) 

i mean, you do realize we ALMOST beat them in 2011 with Rex grossman at QB??? And if it wasn’t for receivers hurting cousins with drops in 2015 all day that might have been a good game too.

Thanks for the optimism, I'm sadly tending to run out of it. F-it ! we're going deep ! ;)

On 1/22/2018 at 1:24 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm with the OP.  Not a chance in hell I'm rooting for the Eagles.

Sadly, I do respect what they are doing as an organization.  All of my disdain for Philly is due to their obnoxious fan base. The fact that they've burnt down to ashes with Chip, and rejuvenated themselves in such a short period of time by doing things the right way makes my heart hurt.  Ultimately, they are superior to us.  While their shelf is empty, ours is covered in soot and dust.

Literally the only valid retort we have is that they've never won a Super Bowl and I don't want that to ever change. 

It is as if you tapped my brain and banged my exact thoughts out on your keyboard.  

I don't really care but, I'll be pulling for the Eagles.  I enjoyed watching Carson Wentz play before his injury and overall I like their team.  I also have some friends that are Eagles fans.

In the eyes of most of this board it makes me not a "true" fan anymore, but, I'm fine with that.  Whatever loyalty to the team I had over the years has eroded under the current leadership.  The only team I come close to hating is the Cowboys -- a Cowboys/Pats SB would be the worst in my book.  

7 hours ago, Braxford said:

**** the Iggles and **** the Cheatriots. Not going to watch the Super Bowl. First time ever. Just can't do it. Love the Skins but glad to be done with the NFL for this season. HTTR!

Good call..ya it realy blows because I love ..LOVE watching football...so I have to be able to pull my self together to watch the Superbowl right?..I mean it's the last game for how ever long,watching with friends and family having drinks..a good time ..maybe I can just lol be that guy who doesn't even watch..is more annoying than enjoyable to watch the game and chill with..lol I can be that guy this time..find a crowd of iggle fans to antagonize lol....but nope not this game..I believe pink is doing the national anthem?..I'll do my best to catch that then move on with my life ... HTTR!! Here's to the offseason

16 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

And every bit about this is true..so true...I ...do not like the whole dynasty thing..absolutely hate it..all do respect to the greatest head coach and qb of all time but..ITS ****ING OLD..and.. I really hate using the refs as an excuse but that game against Jacksonville was pretty shady I thought and the percentage of them getting defensive penalties especially in the backfield is so much less than any other team in the NFL is odd..Brady had a rule put in place to protect quarterbacks and overall I would say it's helping quarterbacks and can extend the length in the amount of time these qbs can play..which is good..I guess...but I sure do miss the way defenders used to tackle the qb.. so I believe the NFL how do I say it.. accustoms to the patriots to keep them in games..I pray to god after the patriots beat the **** out of the phinkle matters Brady rides off into the sunset with Gisele ..bill retires and Kraft can suck on a cigar..

3 hours ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

And every bit about this is true..so true...I ...do not like the whole dynasty thing..absolutely hate it..all do respect to the greatest head coach and qb of all time but..ITS ****ING OLD..and.. I really hate using the refs as an excuse but that game against Jacksonville was pretty shady I thought and the percentage of them getting defensive penalties especially in the backfield is so much less than any other team in the NFL is odd..Brady had a rule put in place to protect quarterbacks and overall I would say it's helping quarterbacks and can extend the length in the amount of time these qbs can play..which is good..I guess...but I sure do miss the way defenders used to tackle the qb.. so I believe the NFL how do I say it.. accustoms to the patriots to keep them in games..I pray to god after the patriots beat the **** out of the phinkle matters Brady rides off into the sunset with Gisele ..bill retires and Kraft can suck on a cigar..

I have no problem with this take.  They've been more dominant in terms of championship game appearances plus enough wins that I'm trying to think of another team in contemporary sports since 1980 that has been like this.  I'm sure there have been.  Lakers? but 16 or so years? that's a hell of a run. Lakers didn't even get that with Magic

Archived