Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'll be a huge Pats fan for the super bowl

CTskin

As a Redskins fan, which team would you rather see win the Super Bowl?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya going with?

This morning on the Junks, EB, the only Skins fan on the show said he was going to root for the Eagles in the Super Bowl. What the ****???? Cakes tried to talk some sense into him, comparing it to the Penguins in the cup, but to no avail. 

I can't comprehend how any NFCE fan could root for the Eagles, the scummiest team in the division, and all of football for that matter. They have zero super bowl wins and it has been a pleasure to hang that over their heads whenever necessary. Let's be honest, we don't really have any other ammo aside from that, so we need that to live on... "They had a jail in their stadium, they threw snowballs at Santa," they embrace that grimy ****.

I don't like the Pats, but I respect the hell out of them. No matter how much they're hated, they'll go down as the best dynasty in football history; coached by the best and QB'd by the best. We're watching history. 

Back to the point- **** the Eagles, I can't imagine dealing with them on their high horse for years to come. I would have made this into a poll question, but I don't know how- Besides EB, is 100% of Redskins nation rooting hard against the Eagles?

No way in hell I will EVER root for an NFCE team (other than the Redskins, of course, like that even needs to be said) in the Super Bowl.  I root for the other three to not even make the SB.  I don't care who they play, I will be rooting for that AFC team.  Like I said in another thread, I am going to be the biggest Pats fan in two weeks!!!

27 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

No way in hell I will EVER root for an NFCE team (other than the Redskins, of course, like that even needs to be said) in the Super Bowl.  I root for the other three to not even make the SB.  I don't care who they play, I will be rooting for that AFC team.  Like I said in another thread, I am going to be the biggest Pats fan in two weeks!!!

This is exactly how I feel

I'm with the OP.  Not a chance in hell I'm rooting for the Eagles.

Sadly, I do respect what they are doing as an organization.  All of my disdain for Philly is due to their obnoxious fan base. The fact that they've burnt down to ashes with Chip, and rejuvenated themselves in such a short period of time by doing things the right way makes my heart hurt.  Ultimately, they are superior to us.  While their shelf is empty, ours is covered in soot and dust.

Literally the only valid retort we have is that they've never won a Super Bowl and I don't want that to ever change. 

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sadly, I do respect what they are doing as an organization.  All of my disdain for Philly is due to their obnoxious fan base. 

Amen! While it pains me that they have righted the ship and make sound football moves, I would never root for them to win the SB.  Their fans are truly over the top obnoxious. It would be awesome to see them flame out on the largest stage of the SB.  

I was rooting for them yesterday. Pulled off a parlay and took the Eagles as outright winners and the points to go over 39 total and damn glad I did. Now as for the SB hmmmm don't give a damn who wins it. Eagles beating New England would be stupid so I guess I'll go with rooting for the Patriots but don't care.

Depending on the line movement my money may be on the Eagles side of it again just depends how much they end up getting. It's a sucker bet right now at Eagles +5.5 I won't touch. 

The Jags Defense kept that game real close against NE but got too cute at the end of the first half kneeling with a minute on the clock (stupid) and then got to predictable late in the game with play calling and lost the game. Eagles just took a team that went and shoved the ball down their throats on the opening drive and molly whooped their asses back to being irrelevant. On the day Eagles definitely looked to be the better team.  

If the line moves up to Eagles +7 then I will take them again and me being a Redskins fan doesn't matter. If it stays at 5.5 I'll just bet that the Patriots win outright and not parlay this game and cash. 

As a Redskins fan my whole life from being a little bitty bit I remember having this button my late Grandpa gave to me and the words still ring true to this day. "My number 1 team is the Redskins, my number 2 team is whoever is playing the Cowboys", and as I became a fan I added that every one else after 2 is irrelevant. Still feel this way just make money where you can and enjoy yourself. 

I don't understand why a Skins fan would hate the Pats. They're in a different conference. They have no real history with us(okay Bellicheck ran it up on us in 07, who cares? Maybe we shoulda nutted up and played some D...oh and Gibbs ran it up on people in '91 too...).

You're a fake fan if you root for a hated division rival in the Super Bowl.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't understand why a Skins fan would hate the Pats. They're in a different conference. They have no real history with us(okay Bellicheck ran it up on us in 07, who cares? Maybe we shoulda nutted up and played some D...oh and Gibbs ran it up on people in '91 too...).

1) they  spied on the rams during super bowl week and then barely won.  Don't spy, don't win.

2) they deflated footballs below the minimum allowable limit.  During that time, they were the best team in the NFL, by far, at not fumbling. (There are details that could be added about specific plays where this benefited them.  I won't go into the detail.)

These 2 things will keep me from ever rooting for them (until all associated are gone.)  It also adds an asterix next to all their super bowl victories.  And, like Pete Rose, should keep Brady from EVER being elected into the HoF.  I do think Brady is great, but he cheated.  All NFL fans that are not patriot fans should be disgusted with this organization. 

PS - rooting for a division rival in the SB, does not make you a fake fan.  As a fan, I take pride in the NFC East having so many SB victories compared to other divisions.  We are the best and toughest division in the NFL. 

44 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

1) they  spied on the rams during super bowl week and then barely won.  Don't spy, don't win.

2) they deflated footballs below the minimum allowable limit.  During that time, they were the best team in the NFL, by far, at not fumbling. (There are details that could be added about specific plays where this benefited them.  I won't go into the detail.)

These 2 things will keep me from ever rooting for them (until all associated are gone.)  It also adds an asterix next to all their super bowl victories.  And, like Pete Rose, should keep Brady from EVER being elected into the HoF.  I do think Brady is great, but he cheated.  All NFL fans that are not patriot fans should be disgusted with this organization. 

PS - rooting for a division rival in the SB, does not make you a fake fan.  As a fan, I take pride in the NFC East having so many SB victories compared to other divisions.  We are the best and toughest division in the NFL. 

Yeay those SB victories..... those aren’t us lately if you didn’t notice.  Please we are not the toughest. One team basically decimated our entire division this year. Maybe years ago but division as a whole we’re average at best lately.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I hate the Patriots because I believe they're cheaters, besides their unfair calls from officials.

1 hour ago, ILikeBilly said:

I rooted for the Giants to beat the Pats to stop them from being undefeated.  It was the first and last time it will happen.

I don't recall if Isaid it here or to a person, but the only thing I'm rooting for this Super Bowl is for the stadium to collapse

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

It has nothing to do with hate.

We are just sick of them. Who wants to see ANOTHER patriots super bowl?  :chair:

But  I will pull (not cheer) for them to beat the eagles.

I just don't want the pats to get 6 SB as I want the skins to catch up lol.

I don't like the Eagles as well. I like how they rebuilt their team with Wentz though. 

I'm doing what I've been doing watching the SB since 91, have a beer and enjoy who is going to lose the SB which hopefully is Eagles and Tom Brady.

For the same matchup in Super Bowl 39 I rooted for the Pats mainly because of my dislike for the Eagles.

For Super Bowl 52, I'll be rooting for the Pats again, but moreso to see them further cement their legacy during this dynasty. I think that the only SB of theirs in the B&B era that I've cheered for the opposing team is when I was hoping Seattle would beat them.

We can say all we want about how we can hang their empty trophy case over Eagles fans, but that gets us nowhere towards adding to our trophy case. 

Archived