Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'll be a huge Pats fan for the super bowl

CTskin

As a Redskins fan, which team would you rather see win the Super Bowl?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya going with?

22 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't understand why a Skins fan would hate the Pats. They're in a different conference. They have no real history with us(okay Bellicheck ran it up on us in 07, who cares? Maybe we shoulda nutted up and played some D...oh and Gibbs ran it up on people in '91 too...).

You're a fake fan if you root for a hated division rival in the Super Bowl.

We may not history with the Pats...but we have history with Boston. 

Honestly I see no reason to hate the Pats. 

Root for, actively cheer for the fornicating Eagles?

Jesus man,  "extreme" must have a different meaning relative to Extremeskins if that is so.

The Eagles? Win the Super Bowl?  Yippee?

holy balls

** And, if they want me to spy on the Eagles practice for them, sign me up

23 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't understand why a Skins fan would hate the Pats. They're in a different conference. They have no real history with us(okay Bellicheck ran it up on us in 07, who cares? Maybe we shoulda nutted up and played some D...oh and Gibbs ran it up on people in '91 too...).

I never got the sour grapes about that or most other time teams "run up the score." 

A 9-7 team got smoked by one of the greatest teams of all time. It happens. If you're good, you're supposed to show folks you're good, not play down to their level for the sake of being classy. It would be great if the 'Skins beat the hell out of their opponents every week. It would be great if the networks had to plan to cut away from 'Skins games because they consistently put a shellacking on their opponents. They haven't even had a shutout since '91.  

I hate everything about the Patriots. Unbearable fan base. Cheaters. Self obsessed douchey QB. Joyless robot of a coach. The list goes on...

That being said, I’ll help them deflate balls, spy, pay off refs or whatever manner of cheating they come up with this time to beat the Eagles. 

On 1/22/2018 at 11:00 AM, goskins10 said:

The eagles are literally the only team that could get me to root for he pats. So here I am suddenly finding myself rooting for Tom ****ing Brady!!!!! 

It’s just too much fun to say 3-0 whenever eagles fans start running their stupid mouths.  

Absolutely.  I was disappointed that both the Pats and Eagles won but the Eagles are right there with the Cowboys as the team Id least like to see win a championship.  At this point the Pats have already cemented their legacy as a dynasty - whats another SB win?  An Eagles SB win will haunt us Skins fans for years.  I am a Pats fan for two weeks.  I want to see the Eagles get embarrassed.  Im not rooting for a close exciting game, Im rooting for an embarrassment of epic proportions.  Im hoping Foles vomits like one of his predecessors did.  I want to see youtube videos of Eagles fans across the land breaking their TVs, setting their homes on fire, crying, fighting with themselves, begging for their coaching staff to be fired etc. etc. etc.  Yes.. yes that will bring me a little joy.

On 1/22/2018 at 6:34 PM, ILikeBilly said:

The Dallas Cowboys, Washington, Redskins, New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles blow the rest of the league away with an insane 12 Super Bowl victories and 20 appearances

Yeah and without the Eagles it's still 12 SB wins and 18 appearances.

7 hours ago, thebluefood said:

I never got the sour grapes about that or most other time teams "run up the score." 

A 9-7 team got smoked by one of the greatest teams of all time. It happens. If you're good, you're supposed to show folks you're good, not play down to their level for the sake of being classy. It would be great if the 'Skins beat the hell out of their opponents every week. It would be great if the networks had to plan to cut away from 'Skins games because they consistently put a shellacking on their opponents. They haven't even had a shutout since '91.  

running up the score on a beaten team risks unnecessary injury to both teams.  It's stupid and petty

7 hours ago, carex said:

running up the score on a beaten team risks unnecessary injury to both teams.  It's stupid and petty

Exactly my thoughts. They should call off the dogs and therefore give playing time/experience to the subs. What's the purpose of humiliating your opponent ? Stupid and totally classless. I remember Mark Rypien refused to break the passing TD record vs the Lions, he said something like no need to humiliate your opponent.

6 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Exactly my thoughts. They should call off the dogs and therefore give playing time/experience to the subs. What's the purpose of humiliating your opponent ? Stupid and totally classless.

If it's Boys and Girls club or HS or even college, OK. But in pro sports, if you don't like having the score run up then stop them. Too many cases of last minute miraculous comebacks. Also, you don't think the subs will be trying to score even harder?

23 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

If it's Boys and Girls club or HS or even college, OK. But in pro sports, if you don't like having the score run up then stop them. Too many cases of last minute miraculous comebacks. Also, you don't think the subs will be trying to score even harder?

How many miraculous comebacks happened in terms of percentage let's say like when you're down 25+ points ?

If they run up the score on you it is because you can't stop them, so what's the purpose ? You proved your point you're much better, why the humiliation ?

About the subs, I know I don't have the knowledge and the memory of most of you guys, but as a matter of fact it is a possibility, but how many times did you witness the subs keeping on running up the score ?

This is a tough one that will go under 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

Truthfully if Philly wins it shows a team can turn it around in 2 seasons, which creates hope for teams like us.

I also dislike Pats fans. I find they almost always talk down to opposing fans. 

I just don't know. Maybe best just to avoid watching altogether?

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

How many miraculous comebacks happened in terms of percentage let's say like when you're down 25+ points ?

If they run up the score on you it is because you can't stop them, so what's the purpose ? You proved your point you're much better, why the humiliation ?

About the subs, I know I don't have the knowledge and the memory of most of you guys, but as a matter of fact it is a possibility, but how many times did you witness the subs keeping on running up the score ?

For me it just does not matter. If a team wants to run it up for whatever reason they have, then it's the players job to stop them, period. I am not advocating it nor honestly would I be likely to do it if I were in the position. But I am not going to get pissed if they do it.

If I am the team getting run up on, I will remember that feeling and make sure it does not happen again. If it, does then I am just not that good and probably deserve it. These guys get paid way too much money to get their feelings hurt. Grow up and take responsibility.

As for the subs - they are trying to get something on film for their coaches or coaches of other teams so thy can get off the bench and play more. They only get so many chances. Will they actually be able to run it up? Probably not, There is a reason they are back-ups. But you can bet they will be trying as hard as they can. And if the game is that out of hand, their coaches are not putting them out there to just play light. they want to see who is prepared. Who is ready. For them the score is 0-0.

That's just me. I can see the other side of it but I just disagree.

1 hour ago, Unbias said:

Truthfully if Philly wins it shows a team can turn it around in 2 seasons, which creates hope for teams like us.

They got 11 players on IR including key players Wentz, Peters, Sproles, Hicks, Sturgis. On this side I guess odds are against them.

I will not watch it.

18 hours ago, NNT said:

Joyless robot of a coach.

That's his public/press persona. When you watch him interact with players and coaches he's actually a pretty personable guy, though demanding (of course - all good coaches are). There are some pretty funny moments in some of those videos. He actually cracks jokes and smiles. Not the guy you see in front of a mic on the podium.

I was watching one of the "America's Game" episodes on the Redskins (I think it was the 1991 episode) and they were talking about how Gibbs was very neutral in his presser comments, and how the players echoed everything he said. I immediately thought to myself "that's where Belichick got it. Huh." The players also talked about how Gibbs would often spend the night at Redskins Park, which is another thing BB does with the Pats.

I live in the Boston area. Watching the Pats is deja vu for me - it reminds me of our Allen/Gibbs years. Their (non-long-suffering) fans and the sycophantic news coverage annoy me, but at least they're not the Eagles. 

This is a tough one for me. On the surface, yeah, I hate the Eagles and I love the fact that they've got no rings. And much of their fan base is scum.

Then, there's the case of my oldest friend. Been friends with him since 6th grade many years ago, and he's been a true Eagles fan ever since. Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet.  Just a great dude. The thought of him never experiencing what I experienced three times makes me a little sad, I'm not gonna lie. 

So I'm going to watch, will definitely be pulling more for the Patriots, but if the Eagles win, I'll at least be able to feel good for my friend. Like I said, though, this is a tough one. For the most part, I really despise that fan base. 

4 hours ago, Unbias said:

Don't get your hopes up that it says anything about the chances for a team like us.  Until Bruce Allen leaves and we have a real, bonafide, sober GM making all the football decisions, there isn't much hope for a team like us.

I know several Pats fans, and all but one have been Pats fans for decades, well before the winning, so not bandwagoners.  They are all really cool guys (and girl), except for the one, but he's a douche period; not just as a fan but in life, and he was originally a Giants fan that switched to the Pats, ironically, in 2001.  If anything, I see fans of other teams always trying to talk down to them. I think they have the most legitimate argument of any NFL team in current history that it is them against the world.  The jealousy and hate that people have for the Pats is pretty extreme.  Plus, there is no legitimate argument that could ever be made that says there is any group of fans more despicable, wretched, and low-life than Eagles fans.

Archived