Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

25 minutes ago, CTskin said:

The issue is that I thought Doug had more say than that. I expected that he would have been much closer to the discussion than getting a text and being disclosed the trade details the following day. 

He was. Not sure I’m understanding the issue, Everyone in the building had a say in this. Doug was notified once the trade was done. He wasn’t on the phone with the Chiefs when it completed but he for sure had a say in that

27 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Ugh, that's upsetting but unsurprising.  I'll give it a read even though I hate giving them clicks.

Please do, what you quoted isn’t being taken that way by most of us

20 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Yes a guy can play with a high ankle and we see it almost every year. This past year it was Beckham.  And they are always very ineffective.  Just terrible.

That was a smart move IMO by the Ravens. Why would they want Grant getting guaranteed money while injured. It's Ryan Grant.  DVOA said go get him and they learned DVOA aint everything after seeing him going presume less than 100%. So they backed out. Good for them, sucks for us. 

I wish our GM was smart enough to do things like that. Bruce probably didn't even know he was injured. I bet our player of personnel did, if anyone listens to him.

These guys aren’t expected to be practicing until mid April. Games not until August.

What the Ravens did was bull**** and hurt the Redskins and Ryan Grant and is a horrible look for them. If the Redskins did that the world takes a dump on them but you seriously celebrate this? It’s beyond slimy this is bad business

Grant wasn’t injured. That’s the point. They saw a better player for that price and made up the excuse to not honor the deal they made with Grant. How is that something good you want the Skins to do? I usually agree with you but this is too much

52 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'll never watch another Ravens game, not that I watched them that much. What they did to a professional player was beyond the pale. 

I won't watch Vikings either. KC himself said that he and his agent came up with this strategy two and a half years ago. All that talk was...just talk. Actions speak louder than words, and his actions certainly didn't indicate that he wanted to be a Redskin.

Which is why you won't see me posting in the 'thank you Kurt' thread. He never won me over and I do believe he was 'going medium;' all year as reports suggest. Frankly, between Minny and Philly, rooting against both equally.

On 12/19/2017 at 7:42 AM, DC9 said:

Below is a list of free agents to be for the 2018 season from sportrac.  Remember, some of these guys (probably most of the sexy names) will be re-signed by their clubs prior to the start of FA.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

Here are a list of the most important Redskins FA.

Offense:

Kirk Cousins

Spencer Long

Ryan Grant

Niles Paul

Bill Callahan (Offense Line Coach)

Defense:

Zach Brown

Mason Foster

Bash Breeland

Trent Murphy

RE-SIGNINGS:

Quinton Dunbar - CB - 1 January 2018

Kapri Bibbs - RB - 1 January 2018

Mason Foster - ILB - 25 January 2018

Deshazor Everett - S - 7 March 2018

Dustin Hopkins - K - 13 March 2018

Zach Brown - ILB - 15 March 2018

Brian Quick - WR - 16 March 2018

SIGNINGS:

Stephen Morris - QB - 2 January 2018 (Reserve/Futures)

Chris Bazile - TE - 2 January 2018 (Reserve/Futures)

Cassanova McKinzy - LB - 2 January 2018 (Reserve/Futures)

On 12/19/2017 at 7:42 AM, DC9 said:

James Sample - DB - 2 January 2018 (Reserve/Futures)

Paul Richardson - WR - 13 March 2018

Sam Irwin-Hill - P - 15 March 2018

REDSKINS FAs WHO HAVE SIGNED ELSEWHERE:

Kirk Cousins - QB - Signs with the Vikings per Benjamin Allbright

Bash Breeland - CB - Signs with the Panthers

Spencer Long - C - Signs with the Jets

Trent Murphy - OLB - Signs with Bills

*With 'all due RESPECT' to Bro. 'DC9', I've taken the liberty to add YouTube videos of the NEW SIGNEES!

Hail!

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Yes a guy can play with a high ankle and we see it almost every year. This past year it was Beckham.  And they are always very ineffective.  Just terrible.

That was a smart move IMO by the Ravens. Why would they want Grant getting guaranteed money while injured. It's Ryan Grant.  DVOA said go get him and they learned DVOA aint everything after seeing him going presume less than 100%. So they backed out. Good for them, sucks for us. 

I wish our GM was smart enough to do things like that. Bruce probably didn't even know he was injured. I bet our player of personnel did, if anyone listens to him.

I think you might be on the wrong side on this one...

Just now, skinny21 said:

Is this the same Sullivan we signed off the street a while back?  That’s a lot of dough. 

It is, and I find it extra ironic that we had him, started him only once out of 13 games, and then let him walk. A year later, he's suddenly hot stuff.

Just now, dyst said:

Is it true its for 1 year at 7 million?

Yep, I'd have done that one in a heartbeat

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
More

Compensation update: Former Cardinals’ safety Tyrann “Honeybadger” Mathieu is signing a one-year, $7 million deal with the Houston Texans, per source.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

These guys aren’t expected to be practicing until mid April. Games not until August.

I get the feeling the blowback isn't really about Grant at all, it's for us missing out on the comp pick.  Or is that way off base, we actually care more about a player two feet out the door. That many here didn't seem to like. 

Fuller didn't even know he had been traded. GMs are dicks sometimes.Or sure I could be way off base but short of seeing how badly he failed the physical, I will reserve judgement.

Archived